Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Freak's Training Log

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Brother, that just means that every aspect of fitness can relate to whatever it is your into these days! Not to mention learning from where you're at and where "their" potential can end up. Way to kill it.
Thanks brother! When I do them, I go all in too, so you really can say I am well versed in the realm of fitness. I posted a 1945 lbs total at 5'9" 255 lbs. I know that is nothing compared to some of the guys at that weight, but I also ran my physical fitness test a week later and finished 3 miles in 25 minutes. I am pretty sure there are only a couple guys on the planet that could have done that. When I went to Afghanistan and ended up on a FOB with no weights I picked up the crossfit/combat conditioning/endurance training. After 7 months I dropped down to 195 lbs, ran my 3 miles in 17:09, ran a marathon in 3:23:46 and won some regional crossfit games.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
That’s a damn good workout to have felt weak. You’re a strong ass dude. Love seeing the work you put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks brother! I hate cutting, but I am experimenting at the moment. I am doing a show next spring and trying to get an idea of when I need to start prep in the winter. August 1st the carbs are going back in, so two more weeks of feeling weak. It won't be as bad in prep, because right now I am just on trt.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks brother! I hate cutting, but I am experimenting at the moment. I am doing a show next spring and trying to get an idea of when I need to start prep in the winter. August 1st the carbs are going back in, so two more weeks of feeling weak. It won't be as bad in prep, because right now I am just on trt.

Lol God bless dude. I can’t wait to see this log when you add those carbs back in and manipulate your compounds. I’m actually a little excited right now

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I have a busy morning tomorrow and didn't want to rush legs and arms, so I decided to do legs today. I torched them without any heavy squats, hack squats or leg press.

Reverse hamstring curls (4) warm up sets
Sissy squats (4) warm up sets
SLDL (4) feeder sets, 335 lbs x 22
SLDL stretch 60 seconds
Bulgarian split squat drop set 55 lbs/45 lbs/35 lbs/25 lbs/BW x 10 each
Quad stretch 60 seconds
SLDL stretch 60 seconds (My glutes always get fried when doing that drop set.)
Standing calf raises (2) feeder sets, BW + 90 lbs x 50 (My calves were on fire. You could actually feel the heat radiating from them.)
Calf stretch 60 seconds

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I got arms in this morning before my civic obligation.

Laying dumbbell extensions (4) warm up sets (Top set was 50 lbs x 12.)
Bar dips (3) feeder sets, BW + 90 lbs x 19/10/5 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. These felt f**king great!)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Hammer curls (4) warm up sets (Top set was 50 lbs x 12. My elbow is getting better. A couple weeks ago even 35 lbs hurt. The sleeve has definitely helped.)
Cable curls (3) feeder sets, 90 lbs x 18/11/7 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I got arms in this morning before my civic obligation.

Laying dumbbell extensions (4) warm up sets (Top set was 50 lbs x 12.)
Bar dips (3) feeder sets, BW + 90 lbs x 19/10/5 (15 breath rest pause between working sets. These felt f**king great!)
Band tricep stretch 60 seconds
Hammer curls (4) warm up sets (Top set was 50 lbs x 12. My elbow is getting better. A couple weeks ago even 35 lbs hurt. The sleeve has definitely helped.)
Cable curls (3) feeder sets, 90 lbs x 18/11/7 (15 breath rest pause between working sets.)
Band bicep stretch 60 seconds

I freaking love dips man. I just ordered a new dip belt that I can’t wait to get and start using again. I got so strong and gained a lot of size and strength from weighted dips. Pretty quick rests between them here too. Glad to hear your elbow is getting better. My sleeves should be here today and can’t wait to use them. Keep killing it devil dog

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I freaking love dips man. I just ordered a new dip belt that I can’t wait to get and start using again. I got so strong and gained a lot of size and strength from weighted dips. Pretty quick rests between them here too. Glad to hear your elbow is getting better. My sleeves should be here today and can’t wait to use them. Keep killing it devil dog

Thanks brother. I actually prefer bench dips, but I need an experienced spotter or two spotters to do them with the weights I use. Bench dip drop sets are killer.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks brother. I actually prefer bench dips, but I need an experienced spotter or two spotters to do them with the weights I use. Bench dip drop sets are killer.

Hell yeah they are man. I love them. At certain sizes, I can’t do them. My arm size and length doesn’t work lol. I hate when I can’t. Everything in me is so compact.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Hell yeah they are man. I love them. At certain sizes, I can’t do them. My arm size and length doesn’t work lol. I hate when I can’t. Everything in me is so compact.

I have been doing DC stretching since 2004, so I have no problem getting into that position even when I was sitting at 255 lbs with 20+ inch arms. The extreme stretches make all the difference the world. Even with my hamstrings, glutes and lower back thickness I can still place my palms on the floor with both my feet together.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I have been doing DC stretching since 2004, so I have no problem getting into that position even when I was sitting at 255 lbs with 20+ inch arms. The extreme stretches make all the difference the world. Even with my hamstrings, glutes and lower back thickness I can still place my palms on the floor with both my feet together.

That’s absolutely something I need and have needed in my life for a long time. You have any good links for that? That’s unreal. My flexibility is trash

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
That’s absolutely something I need and have needed in my life for a long time. You have any good links for that? That’s unreal. My flexibility is trash

Just search for DC training stretches on Youtube. Dusty Hanshaw and Jordan Peters have some good videos on them Dante may have some on there as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic