bsimon7074
What's New?

ZAKK WYLDE & CHARLIE BENANTE Join PANTERA For 2023 Reunion Tour

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
ZAKK WYLDE & CHARLIE BENANTE Join PANTERA For 2023 Reunion Tour

https://metalinjection.net/news/reu...GEDnPG1hOXP9CRd18inbM6oUySNmyBhUhGg6y3R275FYQ

Gonna be weird without the big red beard shredding it up.....but....I may have to hit a show or two up next year.

My all time favorite band. I never did get to see them, unfortunaley. Saw Dime play with Damage Plan a couple months before he was senselessly gunned down. What a loss.

Zakk is maybe one of 5 guitarists alive that could play like Dime. Speed, soul, precision. Should be interesting.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I would love to see this. So much talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
My all time favorite band. I never did get to see them, unfortunaley. Saw Dime play with Damage Plan a couple months before he was senselessly gunned down. What a loss.

Zakk is maybe one of 5 guitarists alive that could play like Dime. Speed, soul, precision. Should be interesting.

Man I bet that was amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I got to see Pantera like 6-7 times. They were my favorite band of all-time as well, and definitely in the 90's. They had the sickest concerts ever.

I'm going to forget some...

Seen them in 92/93 with Skid Row
Around 95 in San Diego with White Zombie and EyeHateGod
Ozzfest
At the forum twice, once with Black Sabbath
San Bernardino with Clutch and Neurosis
and like 2+ other times.

At the Ozzfest concert, like 96/97 IIRC, over in San Bernardino, Phil and Marilyn Manson had a yelling contest, lol.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011

Zakk's been asking for years to play in his place if they ever got back together, or for a reunion tour. I think he'll do well. I hope he comes out and plays with a replica of Dime's guitar!

If Phil's voice is up to par, and not fukked, then it will be a killer show. IMO, Phil and Dime made the band, despite their differences. Phil amp'd you up like nobody else ever, and made you want to tear somebody's head off....lol. If his voice is off...then it could be a long night. lol.

He's still been singing with other bands though, so we'll see.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Here's Phil right now.....needs some work, but hopefully he'll get there by next year, lol.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Zakk's been asking for years to play in his place if they ever got back together, or for a reunion tour. I think he'll do well. I hope he comes out and plays with a replica of Dime's guitar!

If Phil's voice is up to par, and not fukked, then it will be a killer show. IMO, Phil and Dime made the band, despite their differences. Phil amp'd you up like nobody else ever, and made you want to tear somebody's head off....lol. If his voice is off...then it could be a long night. lol.

He's still been singing with other bands though, so we'll see.

I think you're right. Phil will probably do well. I've been listening to Down lately and he seems to still have the power.. we'll see about the range. Down's music doesn't challenge him like Pantera did.

I'm sure they'll do a nice heartfelt tribune to the Abbott boys. RIP Vinny, Dime!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I think you're right. Phil will probably do well. I've been listening to Down lately and he seems to still have the power.. we'll see about the range. Down's music doesn't challenge him like Pantera did.

I'm sure they'll do a nice heartfelt tribune to the Abbott boys. RIP Vinny, Dime!
Yea, this tour will be way bigger than Down, and i hope he takes it seriously and realizes the importance of it. I bet Zakk will be awesome and shred this shit like no other, he's been wanting this forever. He'll come ready to jam. The drummer will do well (I think from Anthrax), and Rex just has to do what he knows. I am pumped about this shit, a bunch of us are already planned to head to one of their concerts next year. We just need to pick one that fits all of us....fukking hopefully not in the dead of summer either, lol. Three of us live in Cali, one in Idaho, and another in Alabama....and whoever else decides to go by that time. All of us went to high school together though....so Cali is the homebase still for all of us.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
What's Pantera without the two founding members? It's just another money grab. I wonder if they will donate proceeds to the Darrell families?

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Yea, this tour will be way bigger than Down, and i hope he takes it seriously and realizes the importance of it. I bet Zakk will be awesome and shred this shit like no other, he's been wanting this forever. He'll come ready to jam. The drummer will do well (I think from Anthrax), and Rex just has to do what he knows. I am pumped about this shit, a bunch of us are already planned to head to one of their concerts next year. We just need to pick one that fits all of us....fukking hopefully not in the dead of summer either, lol. Three of us live in Cali, one in Idaho, and another in Alabama....and whoever else decides to go by that time. All of us went to high school together though....so Cali is the homebase still for all of us.
They've dispelled the rumour that Zakk Wylde will play guitars.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic