pbtom
What's New?

Update on Pool

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
So we moved into a house in Sept, 2021. When we moved in, the pool was closed for the year. So Easter week this year we had the pool opened. I opted to have it open early so i could at least enjoy the view (my home office is in back of the house facing the pool).

When the guys come out to open the pool, they said at one time our pool was a salt water pool. There was some kind of a device in the pool shed evidently.

Luckily, it opened great. We have been vacuuming about weekly. We also hired a contractor to take up the concrete around the pool and put down pavers. This has added to the "stuff" in the pool LOL. We will eventually invest in one of those vacuum robots you can just put in the pool and let it go. Just haven't yet. Doing our research since those aren't cheap.

A few weeks ago, hubs noticed that the ground was very saturated...like a lot....to where a pool leak was a concern. So he dug up and exposed all the pool plumbing and found the leak. Yay. Took awhile to get someone out to fix, and we had to turn the pool off while we waited. So it turned green again. He fixed it in like 10 mins LOL. Replaced part of a pipe.....type of deal.

I put a patch on a tear in the liner just yesterday. There are some parts of the liner that need to be stretched.

Evidently our pool pump is only about a year old.
Liner, that i don't know. So that is likely to be the next thing to replace on it.

We have a local pool company that test the water for free. I have test strips that i do myself to check levels and then go up there to confirm my tests.

Took me a bit to get the hang of the huge sand filter, and doing backwashing....and vacuuming etc. I think we got it down now.

As soon as these ass hats finish their job (oh this is another thread...story), we can have a pool party. Right now, it is a construction zone around it with rock and sand. They've promised us a couple of dates so far where they were going to finish, but has not. Late may/early/mid june were very wet in our area, we get that.....but there have been weeks of dry weather and no shows.....anywho....

So i can't do my shopping for all the pool furniture i am going to need....that pisses me off lol....and we need another shed for all our pool shit.

Happy Pool Season!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
If you pool liner needs to be stretched it is loosing elasticity and your alkalinity is off, it makes the liner brittal.
Just bought the Dolphin active 60, it's about $1,800 but is full wifi and I can control it from my phone and does the best job of any robot I have ever had.
I think I have a leak somewhere, just hoping the dog didn't rip the liner somewhere, I paid $5,500 for a new one like 6 years ago and I can imagine the price now. I have a 35K gallon 40 by 20 with a 8ft deep end so nothing is cheap for it.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
If you pool liner needs to be stretched it is loosing elasticity and your alkalinity is off, it makes the liner brittal.
Just bought the Dolphin active 60, it's about $1,800 but is full wifi and I can control it from my phone and does the best job of any robot I have ever had.
I think I have a leak somewhere, just hoping the dog didn't rip the liner somewhere, I paid $5,500 for a new one like 6 years ago and I can imagine the price now. I have a 35K gallon 40 by 20 with a 8ft deep end so nothing is cheap for it.
Is this the mini pool or the master bathtub?

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
And here I am waiting to get the one at the YMCA fixed….. feel the struggle

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Pools are amazing unless you own one. They're are a lot of maintenance (they're is the pronoun, make sure you use a proper pronoun so you don't offend any pools out there LOL).

But seriously I have several clients that have pools and it just seems like they are just handing over fist loads of cash every year. Everything from having to get liners restretched to replacements to solar covers that wear out.

Always wanted a pool so I could swim and enjoy anytime but the cost and maintenance is scary

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Wow thanks for all the invites.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I can dig it a pool is worth your effort.

I don’t personally have a pool but live in a condo community. I suppose the property owners technically own it but I’d have to say the association management does a great job on maintaining it. Landscaping is always groomed pool is clean as well as the pool house changing rooms shower’s bathrooms etc. I try to get out there for a few hours a week with a cooler and Bluetooth speaker

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
I've always wanted a pool. I've never lived in a house with a pool, but always wanted to be able to walk out in the backyard and jump in whenever I wanted. To be able to go swimming during the summer without having to load up and head to the community pool. One of these days. Maybe. I keep hearing about all these expenses lol.

USMCRabi

USMCRabi

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2012
I have a small pool for the kids. It's a pain in the ass. Chemicals are so expensive right now too.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
My wife wants to get a pool, but this is exactly why I refuse... too much maintenance and too much money!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic