Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Grocery expenses

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Some know my son ODed 4 months back, suffered some significant brain damage. Anyways he is getting better slowly but not able to take care of himself yet. Anyways he was released from the hospital Friday to our care. I went out and did the grocery shopping adding in extra stuff for him 465.00 worth of groceries and it better last more than a week lol.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Do you all anticipate adjusting your habits (dietarily), or do anticipate adopting a “Fuck it, I’m not changing my lifestyle, I’ll just pay whatever it costs” approach?
Eating out for example; I’m 95-99% done with doing it. And I’m anticipating dialing my portion sizing down as necessary. I’ve already accepted eating less frequently and adjusting my energy expenditure as much as possible accordingly.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Do you all anticipate adjusting your habits (dietarily), or do anticipate adopting a “Fuck it, I’m not changing my lifestyle, I’ll just pay whatever it costs” approach?
Eating out for example; I’m 95-99% done with doing it. And I’m anticipating dialing my portion sizing down as necessary. I’ve already accepted eating less frequently and adjusting my energy expenditure as much as possible accordingly.

I’m in the “fuck it” group, mostly. I can skip dry-aged organic grass fed steaks in favor of just a farmed steak. Same with all my beef. But I’m going to continue to buy good eggs, good butter, and good bone broth.

I’m going to keep going to go out and eat sushi and steak at restaurants. I enjoy the experience and since I live alone (girlfriend is over a lot but still technically live alone) it’s not quite the same cooking at home for yourself and eating alone and cleaning up alone, etc.

I’m also driving the same and just paying double for my fill ups. I’m not rich by any means, but I’m not going to stop living the life I’ve built for myself just because I have to spend extra money to live it. Money is a tool to have experiences that make life worth living.

Btcowboy

Btcowboy

MuscleHead
Apr 17, 2022
Fuck it here, my main food is cheap enough so wont affect that. My family meals is a different story

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I would say in the coming months with the planned food shortages I'll be cutting back on the going out. I also have a pretty good stockpile of emergency food. (About a 3 month supply not counting anything I could add) If it goes longer than that I have other provisions. (They include a small group of about 330 well armed/well trained guys and gals) I'll do what I have to do to make it.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011

I'll probably just keep the same eating habits. I'll just piss and moan about it more.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
I don’t see any issues with spending a lot of money on quality food. I look at it as an investment in your health, physically and mentally, so you really can’t put a price on that.
my monthly food cost is my second largest expense below my house payment. it’s probably between $1200 and $1500 a month on food. I eat out every day.

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
I don’t see any issues with spending a lot of money on quality food. I look at it as an investment in your health, physically and mentally, so you really can’t put a price on that.
my monthly food cost is my second largest expense below my house payment. it’s probably between $1200 and $1500 a month on food. I eat out every day.

I agree can’t beat quality food, and piece of mind. , unless you simply don’t have the money.

Then I guess get the best you can afford.

Ah another OG from the AB haven’t seen @Swiper in a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I appreciate hearing where all of you are at on all this. I wonder what point inflation has to reach before we’d see / will see a changing of budgeting for a variety of things; food being pretty much the most common need, and then gas/fuel etc.
I wonder at what point enough people refuse (or adjust down) to streamlining expenses to a more necessity basis rather than a determination to just spend whatever increases the market wants to throw at us?
Supply & Demand….. until demand decreases, inflation will continue to rage. Is there an aspect of “stubborn” spending (no adjustment to pre-inflation lifestyle) where we’re just shooting-ourself-in the -foot?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I agree can’t beat quality food, and piece of mind. , unless you simply don’t have the money.

Then I guess get the best you can afford.

Ah another OG from the AB haven’t seen @Swiper in a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome again, aka Apexpredator, Swiper is one of many old gems that are here, stick around and you'll see what I mean.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I appreciate hearing where all of you are at on all this. I wonder what point inflation has to reach before we’d see / will see a changing of budgeting for a variety of things; food being pretty much the most common need, and then gas/fuel etc.
I wonder at what point enough people refuse (or adjust down) to streamlining expenses to a more necessity basis rather than a determination to just spend whatever increases the market wants to throw at us?
Supply & Demand….. until demand decreases, inflation will continue to rage. Is there an aspect of “stubborn” spending (no adjustment to pre-inflation lifestyle) where we’re just shooting-ourself-in the -foot?
Evidence here on this very board that we have all become comfortable with extravagence.

America, and the previous generations that produced all of US ... all survived the hardships of the 1930s Great Depression, the government-imposed rationing and black-outs during WW II, the relatively minor imposition of early 1970s gasoline shortages and price increases .......

maybe we Boomers' babies have all become a little too self-indulgent?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic