pbtom
What's New?

Have we really come this far??

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
There's no "justice" or compassion in lying to people and not telling them that being overweight statistically leads to a lower quality of life, higher health care costs, and shorter lifespan.

I'm not interested in ridiculing overweight people. But not mocking fat people is entirely different than celebrating someone's obesity.

The world appears to have taken crazy pills.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
Our society really has taken a turn. You see more and more the "acceptance" of being overweight and celebrating that. I certainly don't condone making anyone feel bad or shaming people for their lifestyle choices, but I also don't condone celebrating an unhealthy lifestyle and habits. We're making people feel that it's ok to eat fast food for every meal and not worry about their overall weight and health because you should "accept yourself and love your self for who you are". That's great, I think everyone should accept and love themselves, but you can also take interest in your health and overall well being. We've become so lazy as a society that, instead of pushing people to get healthier and lose weight, we're now making it a fad to be overweight. Almost celebrating it.

It's pretty scary if we continue down this path. Chronic illness will become so prevalent, society will probably normalize that as well. "It's ok to be unhealthy, as long as you accept and love yourself." This is big pharma's dream. Everyone relying on medication to live their life.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Our society really has taken a turn. You see more and more the "acceptance" of being overweight and celebrating that. I certainly don't condone making anyone feel bad or shaming people for their lifestyle choices, but I also don't condone celebrating an unhealthy lifestyle and habits. We're making people feel that it's ok to eat fast food for every meal and not worry about their overall weight and health because you should "accept yourself and love your self for who you are". That's great, I think everyone should accept and love themselves, but you can also take interest in your health and overall well being. We've become so lazy as a society that, instead of pushing people to get healthier and lose weight, we're now making it a fad to be overweight. Almost celebrating it.

It's pretty scary if we continue down this path. Chronic illness will become so prevalent, society will probably normalize that as well. "It's ok to be unhealthy, as long as you accept and love yourself." This is big pharma's dream. Everyone relying on medication to live their life.
I remember not too long ago 1990 through early 2000s there was a concentrated effort to raise awareness about the obesity epidemic and now nothing really at all. I read an article sometime back by a retired general who said we would be at risk to staff our military in less than 2 decades due to obesity. It takes a considerable effort these days to stay as active as possible since everything is available simply on this little square device our hands. Also glorifying gross obesity is the standard today. I watched an episode or two of those 600 lb life shows and I tell you it's the best appetite suppression ever. I lost my appetite for days.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
It's fukking pathetic.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
I had a really bad problem when I did contest prep. I can actually remember getting disgusted by seeing people let themselves go. Driving around stuffing their faces. Food is just or more addictive than drugs IMO. But now we have catered to that easy lifestyle. Fuckin eh. Look at current magazines covers that glamorize obesity saying “this is healthy!” Fuck off.

Stickler

Stickler

VIP Member
Oct 28, 2010
I had a really bad problem when I did contest prep. I can actually remember getting disgusted by seeing people let themselves go. Driving around stuffing their faces. Food is just or more addictive than drugs IMO. But now we have catered to that easy lifestyle. Fuckin eh. Look at current magazines covers that glamorize obesity saying “this is healthy!” Fuck off.
Yeah. Obesity, the "other pandemic."

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
There's no "justice" or compassion in lying to people and not telling them that being overweight statistically leads to a lower quality of life, higher health care costs, and shorter lifespan.

I'm not interested in ridiculing overweight people. But not mocking fat people is entirely different than celebrating someone's obesity.

The world appears to have taken crazy pills.
I mean...there is no "justice" or compassion in lying to people and telling them they can change their gender either, yet here we are.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I'm pretty happy with my birth gender ... on occasion I'm even ecstatic.

But looking at how things are today, I'm considering trans-species surgery as soon as science comes up with that. I'll probably get more ass with that strategy anyway ........

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Minors can get irreversible body transformation hormones and surgeries without parental consent, but fitness enthusiasts get arrested for PEDs without a prescription. Fucking stupid
THAT tells you exactly what direction they want to push us in more clearly than anything else.

Allrippedup

Allrippedup

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2012
Let's call it for what it really is; the liberal left in control of the media. The very media that is on this push to glorify obesity is doing nothing less than further weakening this nation. They have strategically gained control in a most calculated fashion. Unfortunately, the weak minded in this country are easy prey to this sort of manipulation. As for the rest of us, we continue the daily grind of EARNING a living and committing to a fit lifestyle. And, although our hard-earned money supports social services (some that are worthy) for the scores of people that are too lazy to work in addition to paying ridiculous gas prices to pad the pocket of our so-called "lawmakers", we can sleep at night, hold our heads high and look damn fucking good doing just that.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic