Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

New Piece of Equipment

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Picked up a leg extension/ leg curl machine the other day. I haven't used one in years and I always liked them as an exercise to do between compound sets.

Here it is, and also a picture of our gym as it stands today.

IMG-8536.jpg

IMG-8535.jpg

klbsa

klbsa

Jan 5, 2011
Picked up a leg extension/ leg curl machine the other day. I haven't used one in years and I always liked them as an exercise to do between compound sets.

Here it is, and also a picture of our gym as it stands today.

IMG-8536.jpg

IMG-8535.jpg
Pretty sweet Gym set up….. I picked up one of those old Nordic Trac treadmills like yours for 120 bucks 5 years ago….. I swear they are more comfortable to run on than the 10,000 dollar big name brand ones.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Nice! Slowly building mine, but need more space. Current wants: t-bar row, hack squat and leg extension/leg curl machine.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Confused ... op sounds like you've already got a leg curl/ext .... but now it's still a "want"?
What's in the photo looks good.

T-Bar Rows can be "machines" or they are pretty primative ... just anchor a 7' bar to a pivot gimmick that attaches to a Rack or inserts into 4 Oly 45s and you're gtg. Add however many handle versions you like. Just make sure the sleeve length at the end of the Bar can accomodate the weight you'll want.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
That is an awesome set up!! What is the angled bench all the way to the lower right just before the dumbbells?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Confused ... op sounds like you've already got a leg curl/ext .... but now it's still a "want"?
What's in the photo looks good.

T-Bar Rows can be "machines" or they are pretty primative ... just anchor a 7' bar to a pivot gimmick that attaches to a Rack or inserts into 4 Oly 45s and you're gtg. Add however many handle versions you like. Just make sure the sleeve length at the end of the Bar can accomodate the weight you'll want.
That is the problem. I already max out the weight on corner bar rows. I want a t-bar that has a front and rear load, as I am already over 8 plates for 15.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
That's a nice setup! I wish I had the space to create my own home gym. Maybe one of these days. It'd be great to just walk out to my own gym after work, train and then come right back inside. No other people. My own music. It'd be Heaven.

O

O1dm@n

May 4, 2022
Nice set-up. I am in the process of rebuilding my gym and still looking for just a few pieces. Not enough room for everything I would like, but at my age, just the necessities.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Nice set-up. I am in the process of rebuilding my gym and still looking for just a few pieces. Not enough room for everything I would like, but at my age, just the necessities.
Not sure, and not asking, what "at my age" means to you, but there are a lot of us here at the same age. Sometimes just the necessities and the will to employ them is all you need.

Stick around, you may have found a home.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
That is the problem. I already max out the weight on corner bar rows. I want a t-bar that has a front and rear load, as I am already over 8 plates for 15.
"I feel your pain," but not literally ... sleeve length on my primitive T-Bar is 16" and that holds enough weight for my candy-ass, esp. if I go super-slow, super-strict, and/or go 1 arm at a time (Amazon had lots of handles ! :) )

For the Manlier types, I see vids of IFBB Pros past and present who use more than I can. Might be simply jury-rigging a 7 or 8 foot length of cold rolled steel with a washer = collar welded further down the bar would work.
If Ronnie + Branch @ Metroflex could do it in my old DVDs, then I'll never outgrow my primitive stuff.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Titan Fitness keeps teasing me advertisements with a leg extension/leg curl machine... Now I see yours.
Must... not... get... out... credit...card...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic