Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Elon buying Twitter

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Do you guys think the corrupt democratic government will let it happen? I don't post there or any other social media as even if fair is a death sentence for your career if you post anything against the mainstream...seen many fired over their posts.
Or do you think it's a ploy by musk to drive up the price? Like other liberals will get together and get in a bidding war?

Really some strange shit going on right now.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Who knows, he make smoke a fatty and buy it.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
The pre-open price of TWTR was up some but as of 10:40 AM EST its only up 1% on the day.
The Twitter board is meeting today to discuss the offer?
I'm still considering buying in because if the sale goes through it would be a little payout. If it doesn't go through Musk said he would reconsider his stake, meaning probably dumping the stock and driving it down.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I can't stand twitter. I'll be honest, I like Facebooks platform much better than all the others. I wish he'd do this with FB. I've never once signed up at Twitter. I have a IG account, just to read posts from Dante and a few others.

I only go to FB to keep in touch with family, genealogy purposes, read some health and science articles, etc. It's awesome for doing family research on current living people.

I see that Elon put in an offer to buy the whole company. I actually like the guy to be honest. I may not agree with everything he says or does, but he seems to be straight forward and dislikes the unfair bias.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I don't care one way or another. Just am enjoying the prospect of all those a-hole employees that were so smug in their censorship now all stressed out as the prospect of unfettered free speech. Just fun to watch the circus clowns...

What's crazy is that just 10 years ago, the ACLU would fight tooth and nail to protect the KKK's right to march anywhere. Now that same organization has no interest in free speech, since they think that they will be, or are, the gatekeepers. What a bunch of pricks.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I don't care one way or another. Just am enjoying the prospect of all those a-hole employees that were so smug in their censorship now all stressed out as the prospect of unfettered free speech. Just fun to watch the circus clowns...

What's crazy is that just 10 years ago, the ACLU would fight tooth and nail to protect the KKK's right to march anywhere. Now that same organization has no interest in free speech, since they think that they will be, or are, the gatekeepers. What a bunch of pricks.
It's pure entertainment for me lol....love it the snowflakes at Twitter had to take a comfort day when Musk bought in....I know many are saying that if he does reset the censorship the lefties will leave...I disagree...everyone loves a barn burner...can you imagine if he unbanned Trump ....omg...mass suicides would be worse than the stock market crash in the 1930s. I still think his motive is a. Attention for his massive ego. And B. Money manipulation.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
It's pure entertainment for me lol....love it the snowflakes at Twitter had to take a comfort day when Musk bought in....I know many are saying that if he does reset the censorship the lefties will leave...I disagree...everyone loves a barn burner...can you imagine if he unbanned Trump ....omg...mass suicides would be worse than the stock market crash in the 1930s. I still think his motive is a. Attention for his massive ego. And B. Money manipulation.
I'm watching this for the high probability of seeing leftist heads explode. It'll be like fireworks on the Fourth of July!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Reading the demented tweets has been quite entertaining. I read one from a progressive that was asking a prince from Saudi Arabia to buy twitter and block the sale to Elon Musk. So this stupid liberal chick doesn't want a free speech advocate to own it, she'd rather a wahabbi sunni dude who believes in killing gays and women being veiled in public to own it. LOL

Crazy days....

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Sounds like the libs are working on several options to out bid musk like private equity master Thomas bravo...could be a bidding war...some money will be made with the stock holders....just wish I knew when...lol
Tesla stock dropped a bit cause investors are worried he will sell stock to generate money and question his ability to run Tesla with the other 3 companies he has now.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Sounds like the libs are working on several options to out bid musk like private equity master Thomas bravo...could be a bidding war...some money will be made with the stock holders....just wish I knew when...lol
I don't doubt for a second that lots of conversations are going on behind the scenes in an attempt to prevent a self-described free speech absolutist to have control of Twitter. The tech oligopoly only works when everyone is in collusion. Twitter becoming a neutral town square blows up their control structure.

One of the challenges for Twitter management is the risk of shareholder lawsuits. They do have fiduciary duties to the shareholders, and if Musk takes his ball and goes home, there is a reasonable chance that the stock tanks.

Here's his interview on Ted Talk, where he discusses the potential purchase.
I like his stated goal of making the content moderation algorithm "open-source" so everyone can see and comment on what is getting censored, what is getting demoted and what is getting promoted. Just making that present algorithm public is likely freaking out the censors at Twitter. I'm guessing if we actually knew what they were doing behind the curtain, they'd look even worse than they presently do. Those people are genuine POS.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
It's so entertaining watching the Twitter heads freak out. It'll be hilarious if Musk gets in there and shakes things up. Their censorship control will crumble.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Reading the demented tweets has been quite entertaining. I read one from a progressive that was asking a prince from Saudi Arabia to buy twitter and block the sale to Elon Musk. So this stupid liberal chick doesn't want a free speech advocate to own it, she'd rather a wahabbi sunni dude who believes in killing gays and women being veiled in public to own it. LOL

Crazy days....
She is too stupid to comprehend any of that.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic