Ethan7400
What's New?

Insulin use when not competing- Your Opinion/ Educated Opinion

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
Good Afternoon All,
I've used insulin...I'd say plenty(3-4 bottles over the years), with different protocols, some stupid others relevant. The thing was that I was always aiming for another bodybuilding competition. A few years ago I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis, and long explanation short I really don't see myself competing anymore nor getting to the size to do it(since I can't digest as much food as I used to). Even though if I used slin again, it would be a conservative protocol like Nichol's two days a week, 5iu with each of the 3 main meals...I still question the risk to benefit now that I can't justify it with competition. I use GDA's now, but it seems like most have been proven to screw with androgen receptor sensitivity and mTOR which probably bothers me mentally more than it actually messes with anabolism. So, I just wanted to hear your thoughts on using insulin recreationally while trying to grow. the risk to benefit of it, I'm mostly aware...I just want to hear what other educated minds have to say. Appreciate your input.
Thanks.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Personally, I have never messed with insulin, because I never really seen the point if I was not getting on stage. That is pretty much how I look at it.

hooper 1014

hooper 1014

TID Lady Member
Aug 5, 2021
Good Afternoon All,
I've used insulin...I'd say plenty(3-4 bottles over the years), with different protocols, some stupid others relevant. The thing was that I was always aiming for another bodybuilding competition. A few years ago I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis, and long explanation short I really don't see myself competing anymore nor getting to the size to do it(since I can't digest as much food as I used to). Even though if I used slin again, it would be a conservative protocol like Nichol's two days a week, 5iu with each of the 3 main meals...I still question the risk to benefit now that I can't justify it with competition. I use GDA's now, but it seems like most have been proven to screw with androgen receptor sensitivity and mTOR which probably bothers me mentally more than it actually messes with anabolism. So, I just wanted to hear your thoughts on using insulin recreationally while trying to grow. the risk to benefit of it, I'm mostly aware...I just want to hear what other educated minds have to say. Appreciate your input.
Thanks.
It is foolish to use insulin recreationally totally irresponsible for anyone to think that for recreation . For you my suggestion is eat healthy control your Colitis train for your self and your health and you will be happy You don't need to prove anyone nothing but to your self

Type-IIx

Type-IIx

Mar 24, 2022
I don't think it's a legitimate view that getting on stage is a prerequisite to the use of any compound (though I believe deriving an income stream from your physique, be it modeling or competing, weighs more heavily towards use in the risk/reward weighing each individual can perform from their individual perspective). Nobody else can make that determination for you.

I think that insulin does pose serious risks that many are not even familiar with: e.g., cardiovascular risks that are profound (especially with the fast/rapid-acting formulations); hyperinsulinaemia-induced insulin resistance ("insulin toxicity").

Insulin is a most potent anabolic hormone (more anabolic than IGF-I). If you are a serious recreational, its use may be justifiable based on individual risk tolerance and other lifestyle factors.

GDAs are well-suited for most uses (rhGH dose-dependent) and the actual risks to hypertrophic mechanisms a la mTOR are overblown.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
I don't think it's a legitimate view that getting on stage is a prerequisite to the use of any compound (though I believe deriving an income stream from your physique, be it modeling or competing, weighs more heavily towards use in the risk/reward weighing each individual can perform from their individual perspective). Nobody else can make that determination for you.

I think that insulin does pose serious risks that many are not even familiar with: e.g., cardiovascular risks that are profound (especially with the fast/rapid-acting formulations); hyperinsulinaemia-induced insulin resistance ("insulin toxicity").

Insulin is a most potent anabolic hormone (more anabolic than IGF-I). If you are a serious recreational, its use may be justifiable based on individual risk tolerance and other lifestyle factors.

GDAs are well-suited for most uses (rhGH dose-dependent) and the actual risks to hypertrophic mechanisms a la mTOR are overblown.
BTW your comment was extremely well thought out, and not based on preconceived notions but a great grasp of information. I appreciated all of the responses to my question but enjoyed yours exceptionally.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
I won't use it anymore.
I'd go on an intense cut and regain insulin sensitivity and do it healthy way.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
I won't use it anymore.
I'd go on an intense cut and regain insulin sensitivity and do it healthy way.
I had been doing intermittent fasting all winter up until I got very sick with a colitis flare up about a month ago and had to eat more so I wouldn't waste away as bad as I have in the past, and IF worked extremely well for my insulin sensitivity and glucose levels(fasted BG was around 80). You know how it is though: you always want to stretch your shirt sleeves just a little more, then a little more :)

bigsquat82

bigsquat82

Dec 30, 2022
I know this is an older thread but here goes.
I use 24 hour insulin year round everyday. It's super easy to use and puts you in a constant state of repair as long as you eat properly. It actually gives your pancreas a break and can be beneficial. And 24 hour insulin is very hard to go hypo on unless you are using a lot.
I just run 10-15iu depending on the workout I'm doing that day. One shot in the morning just. I have gone as high a 35iu a day back when I was competiting years ago. Only used it in the off season to put on size and help with recovery. Now I stick to a lower dose just. I would not recommend any insulin use while your dieting if you decide to use insulin.
And no matter what always have a juice that high sugar with you and a protein shake as well. Always always have a glucose meter on hand as well.
I have played around so much with Insulin over the years I know what feeling means what. But if your not experienced in insulin use then I suggest you start off with 24 hour insulin it's the safest. Fast acting is the most dangerous period but is out of your system the fastest also. 70/30 insulin is trash if you ask me. Better to get slow and fast acting separately and use each according to your goals and what you want at the time.
Diet dictates your results with insulin period. So do your research and know your body and take the right precautions as stated. Above all do a ton of research before you use any insulin!!! One wrong dose or falling asleep can kill you.....

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Good Afternoon All,
Thanks.
Been a good while since you posted this, so for the moment I won’t delve into a response on insulin, but rather I wanted to encourage you that you can absolutely resolve your ulcerative colitis with a carnivore diet.
Some good resources that direction if you’re interested and sick and tired enough of and from your digestive ailment.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic