Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Training for Valhalla

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Pushing hard towards my 350 goal still on deadlift. First time ever I managed 250kg :) this was just over a week ago, and since then I managed 260 on hex deads, hope to have that footage available soon also :)

Despite the pbs My training has been a wee bit off since crimbo due to me picking up a few coughs and colds but I'm grinding through it as best I can :)

Hope you guys are keeping well

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Wee bit of decline, going for volume and focusing my workout around one major set on 10pkg 33reps.

Great pump and felt strong. Holding back enough energy in the tank for my front squat record prep

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Alright guys so I'm going for a front squat record attempt this week which I've been preparing for for a while. I'll share the general invite below and if anyone wants to watch it then please visit my youtube channel for live footage (details below). I'm also going to share 3 videos of prep that I've done over the last few week

Here is the event invite I've sent everyone attending:

Only 3 days to go till my British front squat record attempt.

Im attempting to break the current British Record on front squat (213kg/470lb)

My opening lift will be 220kg/485lb after which I will increase the weight, to try and get as close to the current world record of 250kg 552lb set by Australian Dave Napper.

Those ofyou who are coming I will send the address (if needed - most of you know where we are) and for those who want to watch online, there will be a live online stream on my YouTube channel : houseofdevlin (https://youtube.com/c/HouseOfDevlin)

All spotters (skully, Shane and Andy)can you please arrive at 11am at the latest, to give us time to set up and start warmups

I aim to start my first competitive lift for 11.30am, although the live stream will start at approx 11am with the warmups for those who want to watch the whole thing :)

Can people attending also note, that although the spectators will be mostly outside by the front door, I ask that there is NO SMOKING/NO VAPING before or during the event as for obvious reasons.

Thank you all sooooooo much for your support! I hope to make you all proud! I look forward to seeing you all on the day so finally....

DEATH OR GLORY - VALHALLA AWAITS

Part 1 of prep is here

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Good luck brother! I have never even considered doing a front squat for a one rep max. I think that would take some getting use to. I have done 315 lbs for 10 or so, but my upper arms/grip start giving out before my quads do.

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Good luck brother! I have never even considered doing a front squat for a one rep max. I think that would take some getting use to. I have done 315 lbs for 10 or so, but my upper arms/grip start giving out before my quads do.
That's some serious strength there brother. Maybe have a go just for some fun :) cheers and beers matey

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Brother you made that look easy! Congratulations!

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
First front squat session since my record, I have been keeping busy so will try and catch up with all the footage editing, lots to share!

This one is focusing around reps on 180kg, with an opening set of 9 reps and 3 following sets of 5reps

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Good work brother!

I will say though, that first lift on the intro I was like, WTF, that form was God awful. The second rep looked perfect though. Haha.

bigaldevlin

bigaldevlin

Mar 9, 2015
Good work brother!

I will say though, that first lift on the intro I was like, WTF, that form was God awful. The second rep looked perfect though. Haha.
Hahah yea that hex bar can be horrible to lift on, proper good quality, but my hands are big and struggle to fit in the gap. Makes it hard to grip onto lol couldn't lockout properly kn it on the first lift cuz it was flipping in my hands. Tho tbh i hate deads lol never liked them but they are a necessary evil. So if I my technique goes off - no excuses - I'm just a shit deadlifter lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic