Members
Latest Member
pbtom

Squat in shoes?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
For children, it is important to choose good and quality shoes because their shoes are always spoiled and broken quickly.
The same can be said for their undergarments.

MARTY313

MARTY313

VIP Member
Dec 21, 2012
I wore boots when I got into powerlifting. Worked great for me.

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
What of those with sweaty feet (soles)...lol...whatever works for you - chucks/soccer boots/high heels/clogs, it's all good.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I have always deadlifted and squatted in bare feet no socks just bare feet. I like to feel the ground my feet can spread out and I always feel like I have a lot better control. I hate Chuck Taylor's they kill my feet even if I wear them just to squat in. I have very wide foot so the toe box part of most shoes don't allow my feet to open up enough to grab the ground.

Now years back when five finger shoes were popular I did use those now and again but I still can't feel the ground so my preference is to be barefoot. Hell if I could I'd be barefoot 24/7

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Now years back when five finger shoes were popular I did use those now and again but I still can't feel the ground so my preference is to be barefoot. Hell if I could I'd be barefoot 24/7
I have heard of those, just never heard someone admitting to wearing them.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I have heard of those, just never heard someone admitting to wearing them.
Hahaha they're pretty dorky looking but they were actually good shoes to work out in and to run in if you're into that type of crap.

The problem is everywhere you go people would stop doing ask you about the shoes I felt like I was a walking infomercial selling shoes.

They're very pricey and they didn't last very long

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Like you, when I was power lifting I squatted in lifting shoes. Now that I am older and more focused on body building and the weights have come down considerably I have been squatting and deadlifting in just socks. I really cannot tell if it has changed anything in my physique, but I feel like I have more control.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic