Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

17.50 an hour to flip burgers

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Those fry cooks will have to learn how to service the machines soon so they will still have jobs.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Inflation SUCKS DONKEY BALLS!!!! Shit, the US dollar racket SUCKS DONKEY BALLS. I fucking hate money — I hate the artificial fucking system.
Thank the global system owners, the central banking Ponzi scheme and evil in general.
Now, the “burger flippers,” $17 an hr — how much would YOU do that job for?
I did it for 335 an hour in high school. Then for 700 in college on summer for graveyard shift in resort area before mickey d went 24 hrs. I loved it we actually cooked real food back then.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Places like fast food and other businesses (especially the service industry) are hurting for applicants and were forced to raise their hourly rate. Good for them. I've seen a lot of places do so. Unfortunately it's more of a benefit to get people in the door and work. On the other end, those who continue (and have) worked for corporations and etc, aren't seeing the raises.

For instance, I work at a hospital. They raised their starting wage for any position at the hospital to $15/hr. Whether it's cleaning toilets or etc. While good for those that are in that line of work, other positions are seeing no change in wage. There is a lot of frustration for someone who has worked years at an organization that likely started out at a lower wage, and to see a new employee make several dollars more an hour what they started out at.

What would be nice is since they bumped up the starting wage, they would bump everyone's wage up uniformly. We all know that is not likely to happen. As far as the service industry, that wage increase, is obviously passed onto the consumer. Someone has to pay and it sure isn't going to be the greedy owners.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I did it for 335 an hour in high school. Then for 700 in college on summer for graveyard shift in resort area before mickey d went 24 hrs. I loved it we actually cooked real food back then.

And….. Back then, that $3.35 and then $7.00 held greater value for the work than $17 today does.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Inflation SUCKS DONKEY BALLS!!!! Shit, the US dollar racket SUCKS DONKEY BALLS. I fucking hate money — I hate the artificial fucking system.
Thank the global system owners, the central banking Ponzi scheme and evil in general.
Now, the “burger flippers,” $17 an hr — how much would YOU do that job for?

What's so strange is that typically efficiency advances take the sting out rising wage costs. That paradigm seems to be broken, or at not functioning right now. Not sure why.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
Every American who's willing to work full time at an honest job deserves to make a wage that allows them to support themselves. I'll gladly pay extra for those delicious Five Guys Burgers (and fries). Especially if the money is going to pay a worker and not some shareholder.

I refuse to look down on somebody because they do menial labor. Not everybody can be a business owner or skilled tradesman. But these people still need to feed their children.

referring to your first sentence, it used to be like that in the 1950s. you could graduate high school, get a full-time job and be able to support a wife, kids, a car and a house all on one income with no College degree. And then along came government and fucked everything up.

every five guys I’ve been to has an option at check out to leave a tip.

I don’t agree that if you work any type of a full-time job that you should automatically be able to support yourself. if the job you’re doing can’t produce enough money to support your wages then that makes no sense for someone to hire you at that high wage. you’ll be priced out of the market. you need to produce more than what your wages are.

you’re selling your labor to your employer. to make yourself hireable at a desired income you need to pick up skills. many people pick up those skills working low-paying jobs and working their way up and learning how the workforce operates.

I don’t believe in a minimum wage. I don’t agree that the government should set peoples wages.

minimum wage laws hurts people who have no skills. they get priced out of the market and people who have some skills will get the job instead. it’s destroying all the unskilled workers.

I agree 100% with your last statement, but why are people having kids if they can’t support them?
I shouldn’t have to pay extra for my Bacon cheese burger with fresh cut fries because someone is irresponsible and has multiple kids they can’t afford. now they’re asking for higher wages because of their irresponsibility.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Places like fast food and other businesses (especially the service industry) are hurting for applicants and were forced to raise their hourly rate. Good for them. I've seen a lot of places do so. Unfortunately it's more of a benefit to get people in the door and work. On the other end, those who continue (and have) worked for corporations and etc, aren't seeing the raises.

For instance, I work at a hospital. They raised their starting wage for any position at the hospital to $15/hr. Whether it's cleaning toilets or etc. While good for those that are in that line of work, other positions are seeing no change in wage. There is a lot of frustration for someone who has worked years at an organization that likely started out at a lower wage, and to see a new employee make several dollars more an hour what they started out at.

What would be nice is since they bumped up the starting wage, they would bump everyone's wage up uniformly. We all know that is not likely to happen. As far as the service industry, that wage increase, is obviously passed onto the consumer. Someone has to pay and it sure isn't going to be the greedy owners.
I work for a gazillion dollar pharm company. We get on average 2% raise. A yearly bonus of about 10% . They made so much money this year they are giving us an extra weeks pay. If your a higher level manager you can get up to 50% bonus. But as usual we grunts do all the work and get at least something I am grateful for.

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
referring to your first sentence, it used to be like that in the 1950s. you could graduate high school, get a full-time job and be able to support a wife, kids, a car and a house all on one income with no College degree. And then along came government and fucked everything up.

every five guys I’ve been to has an option at check out to leave a tip.

I don’t agree that if you work any type of a full-time job that you should automatically be able to support yourself. if the job you’re doing can’t produce enough money to support your wages then that makes no sense for someone to hire you at that high wage. you’ll be priced out of the market. you need to produce more than what your wages are.

you’re selling your labor to your employer. to make yourself hireable at a desired income you need to pick up skills. many people pick up those skills working low-paying jobs and working their way up and learning how the workforce operates.

I don’t believe in a minimum wage. I don’t agree that the government should set peoples wages.

minimum wage laws hurts people who have no skills. they get priced out of the market and people who have some skills will get the job instead. it’s destroying all the unskilled workers.

I agree 100% with your last statement, but why are people having kids if they can’t support them?
I shouldn’t have to pay extra for my Bacon cheese burger with fresh cut fries because someone is irresponsible and has multiple kids they can’t afford. now they’re asking for higher wages because of their irresponsibility.

I agree with some of what you said. Why people are having kids they can't afford is the age old question though. Literally thousands of years old. I was a 17 year old dad. Went to a keg party one night, fucked some random chic, ended up with a kid. It happens. If anyone can solve this problem they will solve thousands of other problems by proxy. But it's clear to me that a lot of us are having kids before we're old enough to properly analyze this situation.

In a perfect world where supply and demand for labor was functional we wouldn't need wage controls. But it's not as if the bottom rung of people have the clout to make the laws that the wealthy have. The system is completely rigged by Bezos, Soros, Gates, Trump.. Those that have the money to pull the strings and make the system work their way. Such as with the labor market. So the government tried to adjust it.

I have very little sympathy for employers raking in historic record profits complaining about $17 an hour. Last company I worked at slashed the 401K, gave us cheaper insurance and froze wages.. Then the owner showed up in his new Ferrari.

For now, I vote with my wallet. If a company is paying their employees poverty wages, I don't do business with them. Also, I pay my packing girl (menial work, she puts items in envelopes all day) here $20 a hour. I could have beaten beat her down to $15 an hour. By paying her more than I could I get more conscientiousness out of her. She's invested in doing a good job. It works.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Honestly makes me think going there when I want a burger is a good call. 17.50 probably doesn't even go as far as minimum wage in the 90s.

People fighting for scraps concerned what the guy that will never afford to own land is making.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Robots will be doing those jobs soon. I invested in a company that has already put buger flipping and fry cooking robots in some White Castle locations. They also cook wings. Buffalo Wild Wings uses them too. Del Taco, CaliBurger and more.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
What's the company?

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Teach your children to pursue robotics and repair

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Strap in because gas prices and food prices will rise with all the bullshit in the Ukraine. I do know that beef prices have risen at the grocery stores. So the issue intensifies by supply and demand too. I definitely am not advocating for large food chain restaurants, but if goods rise in cost, we have to know that prices of their product will rise as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't always correlate to the consumer having more buying power.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic