Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

17.50 an hour to flip burgers

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
I went to 5 guys yesterday I get past the entrance that states they are hiring at 17.50 an hour. I walk in and there are 3 giant women waiting to take my order. The grill prep area had 7 people crammed in. No wonder my 2 double hamburgers cost me 19.50 and had cold buns with tiny burger patties.
You think they would put a couple of kiosks out to save labor costs.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
It's insane! Wage prices compounded with food prices is ridiculous.

Jayne Scott

Jayne Scott

TID Lady Member
Feb 7, 2022
I went to 5 guys yesterday I get past the entrance that states they are hiring at 17.50 an hour. I walk in and there are 3 giant women waiting to take my order. The grill prep area had 7 people crammed in. No wonder my 2 double hamburgers cost me 19.50 and had cold buns with tiny burger patties.
You think they would put a couple of kiosks out to save labor costs.
Lol...talk about too many cooks spoiling the brew!

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
5 guys used to be reasonable back in 2015, but there costs have sky rocketed. I don’t go there anymore. It’s the same story with every restaurant raising wage prices to get workers in then passing that cost to consumers.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I stopped in there about 6 weeks ago & was shocked at how much it cost for one person! I doubt I’ll ever go back.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Cost aside, they've got GREAT burgers!

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Every American who's willing to work full time at an honest job deserves to make a wage that allows them to support themselves. I'll gladly pay extra for those delicious Five Guys Burgers (and fries). Especially if the money is going to pay a worker and not some shareholder.

I refuse to look down on somebody because they do menial labor. Not everybody can be a business owner or skilled tradesman. But these people still need to feed their children.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Robots will be doing those jobs soon. I invested in a company that has already put buger flipping and fry cooking robots in some White Castle locations. They also cook wings. Buffalo Wild Wings uses them too. Del Taco, CaliBurger and more.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Robots will be doing those jobs soon. I invested in a company that has already put buger flipping and fry cooking robots in some White Castle locations. They also cook wings. Buffalo Wild Wings uses them too. Del Taco, CaliBurger and more.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
Agreed. It's coming to all things eventually, too.

First the machines came for agriculture. Then manufacturing. Next is service. Soon it will be white collar work being done by AI systems, when AIs can perform those tasks.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Inflation SUCKS DONKEY BALLS!!!! Shit, the US dollar racket SUCKS DONKEY BALLS. I fucking hate money — I hate the artificial fucking system.
Thank the global system owners, the central banking Ponzi scheme and evil in general.
Now, the “burger flippers,” $17 an hr — how much would YOU do that job for?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic