Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Cycle Times

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
Most of you here know to do your steroids on a cycle. Most vials come with 10ml of gear, so whether you are taking 1ml/week (1 vial), 2ml/week (2 vials), or 1ml/day (a bunch of vials), a 10-week cycle typically fits the bill.

The typical rule of thumb is to take as much time off to let your body recover as you spent on your gear. So, 10-weeks on cycle followed by 10-weeks of recovery. Yes, blood work is more exact, but I avoid clinics, hospitals, and doctors.

Now we come to Post Cycle Therapy, ie PCT. Whether you prefer Clomid, Nolvadex, or both, there are typically about 6-weeks that you are stepping down for your PCT.

Here is where I start getting mixed information. Some say that PCT is part of the cycle time, which would mean that a 10-week cycle is now a 17-week cycle (I always have 1 week to let Testosterone levels fall back to normal before starting my PCT). Some say that PCT is part of the 10-week recovery phase.

Obviously, there is a big difference here. One is 17-weeks ON and 3-weeks OFF while the other is 10-weeks ON and 10-weeks OFF.

I have been following the 10 ON and OFF because if I go to 17-weeks ON and 17-weeks OFF, I completely lose interest in the gym, women, and life in general.

I'd just like to see some current discussion on this.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I usually follow the time on equals time off mindset. I’m on rx TRT so PCT doesn’t really play into my routine. The only true way to know where you’re at is bloodwork tbh.

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
I usually follow the time on equals time off mindset. I’m on rx TRT so PCT doesn’t really play into my routine. The only true way to know where you’re at is bloodwork tbh.
It's like you didn't even read what I asked.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
It's like you didn't even read what I asked.
Did you ask for a discussion on how guys run their cycles? I gave you my opinion on how I run MY cycles. Tbh one week will NOT get your test levels “back to normal” as you stated especially if you’re using long esters. If you figure half life you are way off on that statement.
Imo you should count PCT as time on, you’re not exactly “off” while using PCT. So if YOUR PCT takes YOU an additional 6 weeks & YOU just ran a 10 week cycle then YOUR time off will be 17 weeks as YOU mentioned if you count YOUR one week to get back to normal.
I don’t exactly agree with everything you said so I’m using your example, your words to answer your question. Is that what you wanted?

Last edited:
jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
Imo you should count PCT as time on, you’re not exactly “off” while using PCT. So if YOUR PCT takes YOU an additional 6 weeks & YOU just ran a 10 week cycle then YOUR time off will be 17 weeks as YOU mentioned if you count YOUR one week to get back to normal.
Yeah, that's what I was wanting to know.

Crap. That just makes it a really long time between cycles. I was hoping what I'd read before was outdated Bro Science or just plain wrong.

H

Hieu

Dec 24, 2021
Pct is time on equal time off… BUT , pct is really dumb if you are looking to be on multiple cycles for years to grow huge, who made up this pct crap? If your goals are to grow large and create huge amounts of muscle then you blast and cruise, why do a pct and lose most your gains put your body under so much stress with pct drugs which are worst than the roids you use , just to almost start all over again! You will never grow large doing pct. If your goals are bodybuilding then get pct out your head. Pct when you no longer want to use gear anymore. You will never be huge pct’ing!!

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
Pct is time on equal time off… BUT , pct is really dumb if you are looking to be on multiple cycles for years to grow huge, who made up this pct crap? If your goals are to grow large and create huge amounts of muscle then you blast and cruise, why do a pct and lose most your gains put your body under so much stress with pct drugs which are worst than the roids you use , just to almost start all over again! You will never grow large doing pct. If your goals are bodybuilding then get pct out your head. Pct when you no longer want to use gear anymore. You will never be huge pct’ing!!
A new member telling me that Post Cycle Therapy is crap. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I've been on roid boards since 1999, and I've never seen anyone say that.

I've always felt that Blast and Cruise was for people who's nuts were shot anyway. Mine still work, and I'd like to keep them that way.

As for being huge, I probably don't need to be huge. I'm already 5'8 at 230 lbs. Sometimes I do MMA and sometimes I run. Personally, I just like the extra growl I feel whenever I'm on the gear, but I don't want to live the rest of my life on it.

H

Hieu

Dec 24, 2021
A new member telling me that Post Cycle Therapy is crap. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I've been on roid boards since 1999, and I've never seen anyone say that.

I've always felt that Blast and Cruise was for people who's nuts were shot anyway. Mine still work, and I'd like to keep them that way.

As for being huge, I probably don't need to be huge. I'm already 5'8 at 230 lbs. Sometimes I do MMA and sometimes I run. Personally, I just like the extra growl I feel whenever I'm on the gear, but I don't want to live the rest of my life on it.
Since you know already all there is mr 5 8 230 and been on roid boards for over 23 years then no need to ask elementary questions like time on equal time off and
pct ?!
Good luck

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Unless lifting weights is somehow paying your bills, 17 weeks between cycles isn’t very long. If you want to do this a long time you are better off going slower, smarter, and lower. You should start with your age, experience lifting, experience with cycles and goals. We’ve all been there chomping at the bit to go but you’ll get better help if you ask more direct questions. I’ve done the same thing you did here, people are here to help but you need to listen to what they have to say.

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
Unless lifting weights is somehow paying your bills, 17 weeks between cycles isn’t very long. If you want to do this a long time you are better off going slower, smarter, and lower. You should start with your age, experience lifting, experience with cycles and goals. We’ve all been there chomping at the bit to go but you’ll get better help if you ask more direct questions. I’ve done the same thing you did here, people are here to help but you need to listen to what they have to say.
Direct questions.

Understood.

I've never given this much time between cycles.

Does that mean it's fine for me to go 10 on and 10 off, with the pct during the off time?

Or will I get better results by counting this as 16 weeks on and go 16 weeks off?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic