Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Train arms once or twice a week?

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Once, secondary on other days. Doing them today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Have always leaned toward a Legs-Push-Pull split but have varied where and how many Off days are mixed in. Frequency has varied from doing L-P-P every 4 to 6 days over the years, depending on what else Life is throwing at me.

Usually, if Tri's don't get enough work on basic Push exercises, or Bi's on basic Pull exercises, I just say fuck it and let them atrophy :)

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
Twice. Tri's with chest and delts. Bi's with back. I guess I'm old school but that's pretty much how I've always done it and it works for me. I have cut done the volume over the yrs considerably though. 6 to 8 sets at the most for each now.

CJ Smalls

CJ Smalls

Aug 15, 2020
Standard PPL split, so about every 5th day. Arm training is kinda boring.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Being smaller muscles they can be over trained easily and then it's tendonitus, tendon tears, muscle strains, etc. I also do the PPL split. I only do 3-4 sets bi's on back day and the same for tri's on push day. I have found 3-4 sets of seated DB curls with the back at differing angles starting with my palms in and turning the db palms up at the upper position. I have made the best gains doing these than any other bi exercise. For tri's I've been doing dips followed by cable push downs. Last wk. I did rock and rolls. I could really feel them in my lower tri's and was really sore for a few days. The best way to do these or even nose breakers is to lie on a decline bench which will put max force on your tri's.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Once per week. Lately been doing high rep bicep-tricep supersets... love the pump that I get with those.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Twice. Tri's with chest and delts. Bi's with back. I guess I'm old school but that's pretty much how I've always done it and it works for me. I have cut done the volume over the yrs considerably though. 6 to 8 sets at the most for each now.

I used to double up like that on respective arm part and respective push/pull action (press/pull-down) when I first started some 20-something years ago. I learned from Old Skool BBer’s from 80s & 90s (family & friends).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Have always leaned toward a Legs-Push-Pull split but have varied where and how many Off days are mixed in. Frequency has varied from doing L-P-P every 4 to 6 days over the years, depending on what else Life is throwing at me.

Usually, if Tri's don't get enough work on basic Push exercises, or Bi's on basic Pull exercises, I just say fuck it and let them atrophy :)

Me too!...However, I will periodically isolate maybe 3-4 times throughout the year...Otherwise, I stick to the P-P-L routine!...

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Dammit Backatit, if we're gonna be honest, I also feel the seductive lure of arm-isolation stuff that Bill Starr once termed "curlies for the girlies," but I try not to submit to it every workout cycle.

Why else would I have added a rackable EZ bar to my fairly humble garage gym :confused: ?

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I don't have a separate arm day anymore. I work them in twice a week with other days.

No arm day eliminates a day at the gym that my old ass needs to help recover if I'm gonna keep growing.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I hit each muscle group 2x every 8 days. I train bi's with back and tri's with chest. Back/Bi, Legs, Chest/Tri/Shoulders, rest, repeat.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic