Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Total Test @ 80

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Im 57 yrs old Ive been on self administered TRT for last 8-10. Prior to that i was on Doc prescribed TRT for 8 or 9 years. My doctor stopped taking my insurance
so i couldn't get the pharm CYP, .which is when i went to UGL.
Lately got a bug up my ass and wanted to try and get back on pharm grade from the doctor. I switched my primary care physician a few years back.
So i scheduled an appointment a month out and stopped taking my weekly shot. Just got the labs back and total test was 80. Doc put me on prescribed TRT the same day labs came back.
The month without the shot was absolute hell. Felt like shit from 2 weeks out. Fucking zero energy, motivation and just a complete hell. Several times i almost said fuck it and took a shot but didnt. I guess itwas worth it being im back on but damn, there's no way i can ever stop. Got my 9 little 1ml Perrigo amps today. He prescribed me 1 shot 200mg,every 10 days. I had been taking same dose every 7 days. Ill adjust if need be.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Interesting you have all those symptoms. I stopped Cypionate 5 weeks ago and don't feel any different from when I was on.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Im 57 yrs old Ive been on self administered TRT for last 8-10. Prior to that i was on Doc prescribed TRT for 8 or 9 years. My doctor stopped taking my insurance
so i couldn't get the pharm CYP, .which is when i went to UGL.
Lately got a bug up my ass and wanted to try and get back on pharm grade from the doctor. I switched my primary care physician a few years back.
So i scheduled an appointment a month out and stopped taking my weekly shot. Just got the labs back and total test was 80. Doc put me on prescribed TRT the same day labs came back.
The month without the shot was absolute hell. Felt like shit from 2 weeks out. Fucking zero energy, motivation and just a complete hell. Several times i almost said fuck it and took a shot but didnt. I guess itwas worth it being im back on but damn, there's no way i can ever stop. Got my 9 little 1ml Perrigo amps today. He prescribed me 1 shot 200mg,every 10 days. I had been taking same dose every 7 days. Ill adjust if need be.

Always tried to avoid doctors for anything whenever possible, so always do DIY with no doctor involved. Got nothing against pharm grade but like to up the dosing now and then.

Did your previous doc, or will your new doc, expect scheduled blood work to adjust what he wants to script you ... so that you'll need to work around his schedule to design your own strategy, or are you straight - trt from now on?

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Always tried to avoid doctors for anything whenever possible, so always do DIY with no doctor involved. Got nothing against pharm grade but like to up the dosing now and then.

Did your previous doc, or will your new doc, expect scheduled blood work to adjust what he wants to script you ... so that you'll need to work around his schedule to design your own strategy, or are you straight - trt from now on?

Yeah hes going to want blood work done every 6 months. He already scheduled BW 2 months from now to see where im at after his initial script.
Ive been pretty much straight TRT for a bit now.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
I was self prescribing for a few years, and did the same thing you did. Felt horrible for 2-3 weeks. Wife even accused me of cheating the week before my Dr appt because I didn't feel like having sex. When my test level is nice and in high normal range - I can put out. When it was 150...well...she looks like Mama Fratelli. Just wasn't happening.

Been on a script for about 5 years now.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Good shit kid.

Pharmaceutical Test would be as effective (or more) then UG @ every 7 days @ equal dose? I've never used pharmacy grade but have always heard it's like rocket fuel compared to UG.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Good shit kid.

Pharmaceutical Test would be as effective (or more) then UG @ every 7 days @ equal dose? I've never used pharmacy grade but have always heard it's like rocket fuel compared to UG.

I guess it would depend on the UGL but 200mg/week puts me at 1000ng/dl whether it's my UGL or Pharm.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Yeah hes going to want blood work done every 6 months. He already scheduled BW 2 months from now to see where im at after his initial script.
Ive been pretty much straight TRT for a bit now.
Make sure you use the LC/MS-MS test for T, it is specific for T, not the standard assay. If you're running anything else with the T it can cross react and elevate the T reading, esp nandrolone. If you live in a state where you can order your own on line labs and have the results sent to you, it's not a bad idea, once you've been on a given dose for at least 6 - 8 weeks to run several T assays 5, 7 and 9 days after an inj. Know what your doc is looking for and adjust accordingly if you need 2 or 3 more days to get into the lower end of his comfort zone. Too many guys don't think about this, they come in hot and their doc cuts their dose. You always want them to prescribe a little more than you would use and have a couple months buffer on hand just in case something happens with the doc, insurance or God knows what that you are suddenly cut off. If you add hCG that will also boost the T levels along with possible SERMs. Avoid nasty surprises. Also check HCT/Hb, and donate accordingly. Ask your doc what his cutoff HCT is and stay below it.

W

whatsup

MuscleHead
Apr 11, 2017
Is 200mg weekly a lot for most people on trt?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Is 200mg weekly a lot for most people on trt?

Yes, that would be high end dosing, but it is what my urologist used for decades, even had a few docs at his clinic as patients. No one had any problems and these weren't guys that were BBs or even lifters. That doesn't mean everyone needs or would do well on 200 mg/wk, you have to do what works for you. Having said that I think 200 mg/wk is getting pretty common with the age mgmt docs. Even the new urologist a younger guy that also works with transgender I saw at the same clinic was fine with 200 mg/wk, said yeah that's at the high end, probably has your T around 1000 but I haven't seen or read about issues with that dosing. He too was fine with it, preferred 100 mg/2x/wk. We may find down the road that keeping T at the top end my be protective against PCa, who knows.

Cutt29

Cutt29

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Good shit kid.

I've never heard that expression used for test. Growth maybe. My labs are the same dose for dose no matter what type of test I use.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic