Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Fall Show Pics

Disco

Disco

VIP Member
May 15, 2021
Pics from recent NPC regional show. Many on here helped to encourage me in “Progress Pics” post from early Sept.. I was very blessed to have won the open BB’ing middleweight division, had a good showing during the overalls too, but the super heavyweight was just on another planet. 260’s and shredded!! I think they had me in 3rd. The light heavy looked great too.
I was happy . I qualified for NPC nationals. I’m just not ready. Got some good feedback from judges. They liked my conditioning, said it was amongst the shows best but, I need much more thickness/ density. I made some mistakes this prep. I could have started sooner, made the weight cut slower, and held on to much more size and fullness. The plan is to start off season right away. I’m already evaluating where my joints are , still very dry. Will be incorporating far more compound and heavy movements. I’m not sure how much size I can add, at my age . I’m 41, but I intend to pull out all the stops. Last off season I got too big too fast, developed sleep apnea, and eventually chronic fatigue syndrome . This threw a wrench in my off season .
I’m currently looking to make a coaching change . Need someone who has experience adding difficult size on older competitors. Someone who can help me use a glucose meter, get my insulin, and food right to produce slow steady gains . I don’t need to be a bloated mess. Already proven that doesn’t work for me.
Anyway, those are the plans. Overall, I feel very blessed and thankful for the encouraging words, complements, and constructive advise I have gotten on TID
BF79F73F-7E17-4A4E-81A4-2430F553BCDE.jpegC03C3F77-BF93-4501-9C25-00FD76BBBE94.jpeg41D5B51D-13BA-47D9-A2A3-826CD80334E2.jpeg

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Wow, you are really cut and jacked. Awesome work!

New coach is probably a good call if you maybe peaked too early.

Disco

Disco

VIP Member
May 15, 2021
Pics from recent NPC regional show. Many on here helped to encourage me in “Progress Pics” post from early Sept.. I was very blessed to have won the open BB’ing middleweight division, had a good showing during the overalls too, but the super heavyweight was just on another planet. 260’s and shredded!! I think they had me in 3rd. The light heavy looked great too.
I was happy . I qualified for NPC nationals. I’m just not ready. Got some good feedback from judges. They liked my conditioning, said it was amongst the shows best but, I need much more thickness/ density. I made some mistakes this prep. I could have started sooner, made the weight cut slower, and held on to much more size and fullness. The plan is to start off season right away. I’m already evaluating where my joints are , still very dry. Will be incorporating far more compound and heavy movements. I’m not sure how much size I can add, at my age . I’m 41, but I intend to pull out all the stops. Last off season I got too big too fast, developed sleep apnea, and eventually chronic fatigue syndrome . This threw a wrench in my off season .
I’m currently looking to make a coaching change . Need someone who has experience adding difficult size on older competitors. Someone who can help me use a glucose meter, get my insulin, and food right to produce slow steady gains . I don’t need to be a bloated mess. Already proven that doesn’t work for me.
Anyway, those are the plans. Overall, I feel very blessed and thankful for the encouraging words, complements, and constructive advise I have gotten on

Disco

Disco

VIP Member
May 15, 2021
The wife was not able to get a decent back shot. So this is from final check ins, Friday morn (weigh ins that night & prejudging Sat. morn). If you followed “Progress Pics” post from weeks prior, this makes for a good comparison & illustrates some of my commentary. I Needed to make 176.25 got middleweight. Typical morn weight was 185 beginning peak week. Water protocol was 1 gallon Monday, 2 on Tuesday, Wed. , & Thurs (prior to 7pm). This Friday morn was only small sips (minimal water). Was weighing 178 in pics . Weigh ins at 6pm. Coach had me take half a Dyazide Thurs night and this morn.
I was feeling very stressed & worried on the road about making the weight. Took another half Dyazide on trip against advise. Weighed 171.5 at 6pm Friday night . Was unbelievably flat while getting tan.
Long story short. Coach allowed for Sushi Friday night and French Toast Saturday morning. I got 8oz black coffee and minimal water leading up to pre-judging on Saturday morn. Still felt I looked flat and small on stage . It could easily be that it’s just my “look” and nothing would have changed it. I mentioned judges feedback was that I needed more thickness/ density in back, legs, arms, and really all over. Not a doubt in my mind the water cut and diuretic use pulled inter cellular water from the muscle that I was unable to get back, which stands to reason as my fluids were pulled Thursday eve all the way to Saturday night’s finals .
I can’t say I didn’t learn from this, however. Making the weight will look entirely different next time .

5B1ADC94-EF4C-4C44-B364-3DCC4341008C.jpeg

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Excellent job!
Plus I really love the pinks;)

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
How tall or short are u? How many shows under your belt?

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
Good job! A lot of muscle and detail.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic