Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

First gym selfie in a while

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Took my first gym selfie in a loooong time tonight. Been bringing down my weight. (trying some unconventional dieting).

Essentially I still do IF, but 2-3 days a week I do a harder fast. I only eat 1 meal. No cal counting, and the fat is coming off easy with almost no effort. I generally wait till 6 to eat my one meal and I gorge like a tick, but impossible to eat that much in one sitting so that =deficit. Usually a bunch of mexican food, chips, cheese dip, then icecream, and cookies...whatever I want to eat. Easiest thing I have done and if I keep it up, I think I can get pretty lean painlessly.

rvybGjE.jpg

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Good Look.

How long have you been doing this current version of your diet plan?

Makes sense that how you look and how you feel would be the goal, but have you been keeping track of what the scale says too, or just ignoring it?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Sexy look bro! Jacked and ripped good work

Thanks man. Spinal fracture and 3 disk injuries from 3 years ago still bothering me....trying to find the new way forward.

Good Look.

How long have you been doing this current version of your diet plan?

Makes sense that how you look and how you feel would be the goal, but have you been keeping track of what the scale says too, or just ignoring it?

Been doing IF for 3 years. I just (roughly) tracked protein only and know enough from macro planning to shift my diet around to get the desired results. I had let my weight drift up and knew what it would take to get it back down, but I did not want to deal with it. SO, I just tried 'harder' fasts. First I did once a week. Then I started doing 2-3 and I noticed how EASY it was.

Not doing cardio (even though I should, I have not done cardio in years).

Lots of new study out about fasting. Some neat diets where, one group eats normal and the other eats 150% of daily intake one day and then 50% next and showing preferential fat loss. I am coming to truly believe the power of fasting and will ALWAYS follow IF protocol. Only way I would tell people otherwise is if lots of weight gain (excess cals) is the goals.

For many of us who have been at this for years, that is not the case and IF is so damn nice.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Looking cut, you got veins everywhere. Jelly of your boulder shoulders.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Great work and that seems to be working great for you. That's awesome!

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Dude, you look like shit. With everything you have done, it's obviously not working. This lifting thing is just not for you. You should quit and take up golf or tennis.

I'm just trying to help you out bro and it has nothing with trying the huge gap during your time away. Oh and while golfing, take a cart. You need to put on some weight and you don'tneed those calves any bigger.

luckysaint

luckysaint

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2011
Lookin good, calves poppin, shoulders out there, stay the course

Lucky

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Looking cut, you got veins everywhere. Jelly of your boulder shoulders.

Not quite, but a lot better than where I was at. I had just lost motivation to stay lean(er) and just enjoying eating too much.

That is what is kinda cool about this path. I resisted for a long time and worried about the 'gainz', but fasting is proving to be a very effective tool which has opened up so much flexibility in life and lifestyle. Many of you know I have always been eat whatever but control portions, and this ramps that up to an entirely new level.

This was my dinner wed. I dont workout on Wed so it is a fast day for me with one meal only. I wait till about 6pm to eat. And this was my choice. I followed this the 2 icecream cones and a few cookies. Next day, I wake up and see new abdominal veins coming in.....

aFEkx4L.jpg

Great work and that seems to be working great for you. That's awesome!

Hard part is not being able to train like I want, but I did manage to squat 315 the other week with no pain. (been 3 years since I squatted anything over 135 and even that hurt).

Dude, you look like shit. With everything you have done, it's obviously not working. This lifting thing is just not for you. You should quit and take up golf or tennis.

I'm just trying to help you out bro and it has nothing with trying the huge gap during your time away. Oh and while golfing, take a cart. You need to put on some weight and you don'tneed those calves any bigger.

Funny....but I think we all feel this way at times (srs) I dont think you put this many years into training and come away with being 'easy' on yourself. I think also it is easy to have unrealistic expectations. Given all that is going on and almost 50, I feel OK with where I am.. I would like to be repping 600lb deadlifts again, but I am coming to think my way forward is just maintaining health and being fit. Part of that makes me fell like a pu$$y, but I also like being able to get out of bed in the morning. The road is still not charted and I am going to continue to go one day at a time...one workout at a time.

Thanks!

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Not quite, but a lot better than where I was at. I had just lost motivation to stay lean(er) and just enjoying eating too much.

That is what is kinda cool about this path. I resisted for a long time and worried about the 'gainz', but fasting is proving to be a very effective tool which has opened up so much flexibility in life and lifestyle. Many of you know I have always been eat whatever but control portions, and this ramps that up to an entirely new level.

Funny....but I think we all feel this way at times (srs) I dont think you put this many years into training and come away with being 'easy' on yourself. I think also it is easy to have unrealistic expectations. Given all that is going on and almost 50, I feel OK with where I am.. I would like to be repping 600lb deadlifts again, but I am coming to think my way forward is just maintaining health and being fit. Part of that makes me fell like a pu$$y, but I also like being able to get out of bed in the morning. The road is still not charted and I am going to continue to go one day at a time...one workout at a time.

Thanks!

I got a good 5 years on you brother and trust me when I say this, your head is in the right place to move forward. Pride goetth before the fall. When I see a big older dude who is still doing this I see a man who is good in his own skin. 52 was when I put away the low reps and heavy weight.

At 30 and lifting, if someone says you don't look any different than 10 years ago, it's an insult. At 50 and lifting, if someone says you don't look any different than 10 years ago, its a complement.

Oh and glad you took my joking the right way!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic