Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

The Cleveland Guardians.. How Fkn Pathetic...

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011

Can professional sports get any more pathetic?
1627154078686.png
1627154078686.png

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I agree with you Kid 666! I saw that Trump made a comment saying that sooner or later American's are going to get enough of this. I am starting to have my doubts.

Can anybody believe that the Cleveland Indians, a storied and cherished baseball franchise since taking the name in 1915, are changing their name to the Guardians? Such a disgrace, and I guarantee that the people who are most angry about it are the many Indians of our Country. Wouldn't it be an honor to have a team named the Cleveland Indians, and wouldn't it be disrespectful to rip that name and logo off of those jerseys? The people of Cleveland cannot be thrilled and I, as a FORMER baseball fan, cannot believe things such as this are happening. A small group of people, with absolutely crazy ideas and policies, is forcing these changes to destroy our culture and heritage. At some point, the people will not take it anymore!
Donald Trump

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Until the players and fans stop supporting this crap, it will continue......I too have my doubts it will change, as the majority of people who disagree with it are lazy and willing to still buy the products or attend the games or watch them on TV. I like sports as much as anybody, but I will not put any time or money into supporting them at this point.

I'm almost at the point where if people in that area or state don't speak out or stop spending $$$ on the teams.....then they get what they deserve.

We are witnessing the dismantling of America right before our eyes, and people are doing nothing about it.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I haven't gone to a game or watched a game on TV since MLB went woke anyways, but this whole name change was/is silly. Cleveland's marketing on the name change is, "nothing has changed, we're still that tough, blue-collar community that has always fought for everything it has..." blah, blah, blah.

I see it more cynically. The owner, who said he had an epiphany after the Floyd incident, was moved to change the name. How does the death of a black drug addict at the hands of police have anything to do with the name of the Cleveland Indians???? Anyways, he nows feels better at the MLB owners cocktail parties. LOL Also, there are probably about 50 white progressives that are happy, but have likely already moved on to the next issue that gives them the vapors. No indians really give a shit, but if you're going to give them some money for them to feign injury, they'll sure take it.

Cleveland ownership sells off all its good players to reduce payroll, changes its name to get an "atta boy" from assholes that aren't even Cleveland fans, and then tells us to come and spend a bunch of money watching a talent-drained team called the Guardians in a stadium paid for by the tax dollars of people you all label as racists. I suppose that's one type of business plan....

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I haven’t kept up with any of this crap and have been tired of all the name changes and complaints about names or history.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Only thing I pay to go see if AHL hockey and maybe 1 Yankee game a year if I feel like dropping $500 for 2 fucking tickets.....

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Until the players and fans stop supporting this crap, it will continue......I too have my doubts it will change, as the majority of people who disagree with it are lazy and willing to still buy the products or attend the games or watch them on TV. I like sports as much as anybody, but I will not put any time or money into supporting them at this point.

I'm almost at the point where if people in that area or state don't speak out or stop spending $$$ on the teams.....then they get what they deserve.

We are witnessing the dismantling of America right before our eyes, and people are doing nothing about it.
'
I agree with you. Pro athletes have willing allowed themselves to be useful idiots in this movement to destroy this country. Like you I hope American grow a spine soon and wake up.

I have not watched any pro sports on TV since 2015. They are all dead to me.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
George Floyd inspired the Indians owner to change the team name... unbelievable.

There are already numerous George Floyd and Brianna Taylor murals in my city... I fully expect statues to happen soon.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Such a crap! I’m about to go to the Indians game in a few weeks and was about to lose it if they ended up with this crap by the time I got there. Thank god it’s not going till next season but either way- such BS

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic