Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Added deca to my trt…

S

sully169

Oct 12, 2010
I take TC 100 mg/5 d, 500 IU hCG every 6 - 7 days and have added ND 20 - 40 mg/5 days (all legit prescribed). Its been about 3 mo and I can sleep on my side without my trashed shoulders preventing it, and biceps tendonitis is much better. Even that low a dose at least in me, makes a difference. I would be hesitant to add more than 100 mg/wk for HRT (long term),I know the authors and contributors of the MD article on ND for HRT and the literature. There is enough out there to give me pause about anything higher for life relative to cardiac function. I've also added either and ACEi or ARB to my daily meds. No sides and it keeps my BP in the 120's/70's. I would recommend to anyone older to add and ARB or ACEi to reduce ANGII. I've seen enough of the lit to be convinced that even HRT dosing can elevate ANGII in older guys and nothing good comes from it even in the absence of elevated BP. I also think, if you don't see a benefit from adding 100 mg/wk for the joints, it probably isn't going to help regardless. Plus the ACEi or ARB helps to keep Hb/hct down. Just my two cents.
Any African Americans or Black Americans/ everyone! Please be very careful taking this advice as Ace Inhibitors such as Lisinopril can cause angioedema in that population and can be life threatening (Angioedema is swelling of your lips and tongue which can prevent you from breathing.)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Any African Americans or Black Americans/ everyone! Please be very careful taking this advice as Ace Inhibitors such as Lisinopril can cause angioedema in that population and can be life threatening (Angioedema is swelling of your lips and tongue which can prevent you from breathing.)

I should have added, the use of hypertensives should be guided by your GP, mine are. Sully169 is correct, there are sides and some can be serious, they need to know your history and predisposition to problems and allergies to some meds as well as possible effects on hepatic and other organ function. I tend to make the assumption that if its HRT it is under the guidance of a doctor, not self prescribed.

S

sully169

Oct 12, 2010
I should have added, the use of hypertensives should be guided by your GP, mine are. Sully169 is correct, there are sides and some can be serious, they need to know your history and predisposition to problems and allergies to some meds as well as possible effects on hepatic and other organ function. I tend to make the assumption that if its HRT it is under the guidance of a doctor, not self prescribed.
While it should be assumed that most/all HRT is prescribed by a doc, from what I've read on a lot of these forums, is it is not. Many self treat many different medical problems, including BP. While your advice was not bad by any stretch, as an ICU RN I have seen many bad situations with ACE Inhibitors... people taking it for years and then having the reaction, as well as 1st or 2nd time users ... and it's so weird it only affects that population.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Thank you for the replies guys.

Update : I’ve added GH at 2iu a night for the last 2 nights. Sleep has been better obviously, and I wake up more refreshed physically because of it. Skin/eyes already look better, as noticed by a girl I’m dating and myself. Body fat is down 10%. Just kidding, seeing if you’re reading.

Joints are so much better already that I’m actually kinda pissed at myself for not added deca earlier.

Arm wrestling training has reached a new level as well. Big tournament coming up on August 7th. I’m going to get smashed by some elite pullers, but I’m going to pull some elite pullers, and that’s worth the experience.

Last edited:
S

sully169

Oct 12, 2010
So I started my blast and now I am on 250 Test 400 (blend) with Deca 125mg weekly, with 3 ius of GH daily. I have found amazing results since added the Deca on. Started the 1st of September.
So now 6+ weeks in my bench press has significant went up as well I can now do wide arm pull up with much better form and for more reps.
My weight has gone up about about 5-10 lbs and have felt the water retention but I take diuretics so it was all good. Chest and shoulders have really started to pop as well. Plan on going 12 weeks and then back to Test 150 weekly. I'm thinking I might do this yearly.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Thank you for the replies guys.

Update : I’ve added GH at 2iu a night for the last 2 nights. Sleep has been better obviously, and I wake up more refreshed physically because of it. Skin/eyes already look better, as noticed by a girl I’m dating and myself. Body fat is down 10%. Just kidding, seeing if you’re reading.

Joints are so much better already that I’m actually kinda pissed at myself for not added deca earlier.

Arm wrestling training has reached a new level as well. Big tournament coming up on August 7th. I’m going to get smashed by some elite pullers, but I’m going to pull some elite pullers, and that’s worth the experience.
Glad to hear it's helping.

I just added Deca to my TRT about two weeks ago in hopes of some joint relief as well so that's encouraging to read.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic