Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Micronutrient Deficiencies in America

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Well TB lets look at the good Dr's blood work that he so proudly displayed on the internet. This was a year into eating your all red meat diet. LDL cholesterol 152???? Sorry but any cardiologist would have a fit over that one. Good luck with that heart attack. Testosterone 237, Might need to consider TRT? Again, my primary care physician would have already put me on TRT with numbers like that. Free testosterone is also very low. Men over `100 years old have a higher average than that. There is literally TONS of research showing how bad low test levels for CHD. Hemoglobin ALC 6.3. He is borderline diabetic. Also 1.27 on the fasting serum glucose? WHAT??? Serum Ferritin 243? With all that meat? That is in the mid to low average. Awfully strange he didn't bother putting up a comprehensive vitamin and mineral panel. Let's let the good doctor come back and tell us all how great he feels when he gets my age. By the way my lipid panel would put his to shame and I can promise I eat mostly chicken/fish and crap. But then he also says to not pay much attention to blood work, after all what the hell does medical science know. Like I said, I honestly could care a less how you eat. I just hope your comments based on what a fraud like this does not lead others down the same unhealthy pathway the good Dr. just proved he was on. Now, I also just saw a picture of this guy. Honestly if I looked like he does I would literally panic. He is absolutely void of any muscle mass and quite frankly looks sick.

No "EAT RED MEAT" is your pal Gunslinger's solution. Certainly not mine.

View attachment 11643

Ugh!!! Round and round ALL the uninformed skeptics and critics parrot the exact same predictable things.
He’s been over this time and time and time again. He’s done updates including numerous recent (over the past couple weeks) blood lab updates and explanations, education. Just as Paul Saladino has covered regarding his own labs.
The health establishment at large is entirely fucked up with their comprehension of cholesterol / lipids in general, and prefer to fuck everyone up with statins than with knowledge of what’s actually going on with lipids.
I’m quite surprised that with your seemingly interested level of health, that you’re not up to speed on the racket of cholesterol.
Cholesterol figures mean very little in comparison to the source of the figures (what’s consumed that’s generated the figures).
For now, I’ll refer you to review Ivor Cummins background and work, education on lipids.

Also, specifically with regard to Shawn Baker’s lipids, a recent vid from labs, AND his test is up currently well into the 400 range as he approaches age 55 and has never utilized trt nor any other peds at all.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
@Bigtex,

“ Now, I also just saw a picture of this guy. Honestly if I looked like he does I would literally panic. He is absolutely void of any muscle mass and quite frankly looks sick.”

LOL….. OK.
I wouldn’t be worrying much about poor little frail, sickly, rowing world record holder Shawn Baker. Going on 55, no trt, no peds.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
@Bigtex,

“ Now, I also just saw a picture of this guy. Honestly if I looked like he does I would literally panic. He is absolutely void of any muscle mass and quite frankly looks sick.”

LOL….. OK.
I wouldn’t be worrying much about poor little frail, sickly, rowing world record holder Shawn Baker. Going on 55, no trt, no peds.

See what I mean about people trying to defend what they like regardless of what is right in front of them? Baker has deadlifted over 700lbs in competition and at 6'5" walks around at a very lean 240. Not bad for a 55 year old non-bodybuilder.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I'm normally up for a good debate but once at a Grad party, I didn't want to be bothered by an anti-hunting vegan friend of my wife. All I said was, "If God didn't want me to eat deer, he wouldn't have made them out of meat." He babbled something to me as I headed to the grill for another burger.

*LOL*...That sounds like something I would do!....To be quite 'frank' on what is being discussed in this thread, I'will prolly "until death do us part", continue to eat BOTH plates....However, it would be nice to see what the actual FACTS are on the matter?....

If I'm convinced that plants are that bad for us, then I WILL make a conscious effort to avoid them....However, at the moment I'm on the proverbial "fence" regarding this subject!...The way I'm seeing it at this time is that to restrict/cut off one's diet from plants or meats (isolate one or the other) is a little "extreme" for me to comprehend...I'm still listening/reading tho!...;):)

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
A lot of assuming there.
You’re going to have to give me time to respond. I began a lengthy reply for you and fucked up and lost it before posting.
I have a busy weekend ahead but much to say on what you’ve now introduced to the topic — God, and creation and evolution.
A lot of valuable points to raise for thought on this, and perhaps clarify much confusion many hold toward life in general.
Looking forward to it and will reply by sometime Monday or sooner.

TB, don't look at this as a religious proof positive post...I only threw this out there because those are the only two beliefs we have as humans to latch on to for our existence as well as the rest of what we conceive to be "real"/"tangible" unless u go for the alien one as well...I don't think LK wants us to discuss religion in the scope of proving one belief over the other on this board...

Anyway, shoot me a pm on it if u really have any thoughts that u want to discuss...I would love to discuss it reasonably...:)

Honestly, TB, I'm involving myself in this thread basically for selfish reasons...I'm desperately trying to justify my eating habits...I guess u know I'm a poor ole country boy living in Florida?...I grew up/was raised on a wide variety of foods, especially plants (vegs. and fruits)....Of course, I was a hunter due to my evil step-brother who hunted and fished, religiously --no pun intended--....I've eaten gator, rattlesnake, frog legs, oysters, crab, opossum, squirrel, rabbit, u name it, etc., etc, etc!....So, I have to be candid about why my interest in this subject is motivating me to engage in it...I'm trying not to allow my lifelong enjoyment of eating plant-based foods, as well as meats hinder the science, reasonableness, and logic of what is being discussed here...

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
TB and GS get asked a direct question. "Where in your diet do you get sufficient quantities of vitamin c?"

TB and GS "our infallible Lord and savior who isn't on TRT because he told us so said we don't need it because we don't eat plants"

Actual answer. In quality grass fed cattle vitamin c needs can be met by periodically consuming raw meat or regularly consuming rare meat.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Same reason I end up in facebook jail regularly. Only some people get to speak in america these days and people with a conservative lean and speaking out against the establishment ain't it.

Why would you support Facebook by posting there?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Its funny to watch this back and forth. People will defend to the death whatever they like or have been brainwashed into believing. Regardless what happens right before their eyes. Yet religion gets a bad name. Apparently in 2021 communism is good and the food pyramid is great...lol. We should all look to the government to solve all our problems and be put on a strict diet of rice and soy. This is our future and people on here seem to be champions of it.

"No "EAT RED MEAT" is your pal Gunslinger's solution. Certainly not mine."

I'm just telling you what it did for me. But as we have already established in other threads my body defies the laws of thermodynamics because I can't get shredded off of doughnuts and fried chicken like "normal" people. :rolleyes:

So what did that have to do with vitamin and mineral deficiencies? Seems like you like hijackings threads to push your diet or agenda.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Why would you support Facebook by posting there?

I run a business and facebook is a good chunk of my advertising.

So what did that have to do with vitamin and mineral deficiencies? Seems like you like hijackings threads to push your diet or agenda.[/QUOTE said:
Simply stating what the diet has done for me and sticking up for Dr. Shawn Baker. What exactly does Bakers medical license state have to do with a vitamin and mineral deficiency? Absolutely nothing but you keep bringing it up. If you are going to talk about a certain type of diet or training or drug on here be prepared for some people to disagree with you.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

So in this vid, Dr. Baker is basically saying that cholesterol can/should be in the 200's as opposed to the roughly ideal numbers of 120-170's?...

If this is so, would that NEGATE all the studies, medically done, that have shown a correlation between heart disease and high cholesterol in the 200 range?...

BTW, sorry for getting a tad, shad o/t...Just curious about previous medical studies?...

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
So in this vid, Dr. Baker is basically saying that cholesterol can/should be in the 200's as opposed to the roughly ideal numbers of 120-170's?...

If this is so, would that NEGATE all the studies, medically done, that have shown a correlation between heart disease and high cholesterol in the 200 range?...

BTW, sorry for getting a tad, shad o/t...Just curious about previous medical studies?...

How does it negate ALL the studies when he is actually reading a study? One of the largest most recent studies done in fact. Did I hear wrong? Over 12 million people studied. I don't think it's just what Dr Baker is saying, it's literally what the data suggests. I'm sure there are many more out there but its not a popular position with an industry that profits from ppl being sick.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
How does it negate ALL the studies when he is actually reading a study? One of the largest most recent studies done in fact. Did I hear wrong? Over 12 million people studied. I don't think it's just what Dr Baker is saying, it's literally what the data suggests. I'm sure there are many more out there but its not a popular position with an industry that profits from ppl being sick.

Good point!...His study caught my eye when he said around 12.5 million were involved in the study...Usually, the ones I've read (many moons ago) never were that abundant with participants....

However, is this the ONLY study that yields this type of data?...Also, a point that always is stuck in my mind when "studies" are discussed is the question of are they double-blind, peer-reviewed, etc....In other words are the studies legit, done without bias, etc....Honestly, I wonder sometimes if ANY polls, studies, and the like can be trusted...Why?...As u pointed out, many times it is found that MONEY is the driving factor in those studies....I do agree, it appears as tho, MOST, not ALL in the medical community/industry are ALL about the money!....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic