Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Micronutrient Deficiencies in America

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Butcherbox is most convenient and affordable (comparative to small local farms typically) for most people.
Depends on the volume you buy. My meat supply is the game I hunt and usually a steer. Full steer price comes out to about $4.50 a pound when all is said and done. If you can process it yourself it can get even cheaper.

All you carnivore boys should be buying at least half steer.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Depends on the volume you buy. My meat supply is the game I hunt and usually a steer. Full steer price comes out to about $4.50 a pound when all is said and done. If you can process it yourself it can get even cheaper.

All you carnivore boys should be buying at least half steer.

Agreed. Majority of buyers aren’t hunters though. And in my experience, few purchase in large bulk amounts to freeze and store.
Butcherbox does a fairly good job of quality and price for the majority.
But you’re right, 69.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
My diet was, is and will always be shit. I have always taken a 1-A-Day ever since I was a young pup.

One thing on taking a One A Day; if you're a male, get the Senior ones regardless of your age. They do not add in iron in the Senior mix. Less iron is better for the pumper.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
My diet was, is and will always be shit. I have always taken a 1-A-Day ever since I was a young pup.

One thing on taking a One A Day; if you're a male, get the Senior ones regardless of your age. They do not add in iron in the Senior mix. Less iron is better for the pumper.

When 100% of America can't eat the right foods to meet 100% of the RDA (which agreeably is low) we have a huge problem with diets. Most of America is putting their body in a deficiency that is going to cause some huge doctor bills. Its such a simple thing......if you don't get sufficient nutrients from your diet.....SUPPLEMENT. I take a Centrum 50 everyday and have for years. Blood test I have taken repeatedly show I am not deficient in any vitamin or mineral.

You guys claiming that you are carnivorous.........a little reality for you, cats are the only true obligate carnivores on the face of the earth. Cats get their small carbohydrate needs requirements from breaking down the proteins in meet. Unlike humans they have a very short digestive track that is unable to break down plants. They also lack amylase in the saliva to break down plant sources. They don't chew their food like we do so most of the digestion is done in the digestive track because of a very high level of acids in the stomach. Therefore they do not have the same nutrient needs as humans. The vitamin and minerals they need only come from the meats they eat. While humans can survive for a period of time on any food source that by no means is healthy as we can have severe nutritional deficiencies in less than 6 months. It could take weeks or even months to solve this deficiency. So I sincerely hope you are eating plenty of vegies or at least taking a vitamin supplement.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
When 100% of America can't eat the right foods to meet 100% of the RDA (which agreeably is low) we have a huge problem with diets. Most of America is putting their body in a deficiency that is going to cause some huge doctor bills. Its such a simple thing......if you don't get sufficient nutrients from your diet.....SUPPLEMENT. I take a Centrum 50 everyday and have for years. Blood test I have taken repeatedly show I am not deficient in any vitamin or mineral.

You guys claiming that you are carnivorous.........a little reality for you, cats are the only true obligate carnivores on the face of the earth. Cats get their small carbohydrate needs requirements from breaking down the proteins in meet. Unlike humans they have a very short digestive track that is unable to break down plants. They also lack amylase in the saliva to break down plant sources. They don't chew their food like we do so most of the digestion is done in the digestive track because of a very high level of acids in the stomach. Therefore they do not have the same nutrient needs as humans. The vitamin and minerals they need only come from the meats they eat. While humans can survive for a period of time on any food source that by no means is healthy as we can have severe nutritional deficiencies in less than 6 months. It could take weeks or even months to solve this deficiency. So I sincerely hope you are eating plenty of vegies or at least taking a vitamin supplement.
All that just to say once again TOS has it right? LOL

Yeah brother, those USDA min. are not optimal levels at all. And a Multi is the cheapest and easiest thing you can do for your health for the long haul.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010

MD, 5ish year practicing Carnivore and Carnivore advocate, Shawn Baker:

37 month carnivore so far. I include organs (primarily calf liver), take no supplements except some D3 in an effort to boost immune strength, and some B12 because I get it free from a veteran buddy that gets it from the VA but doesn’t use it because he and his wife buy an easier to swallow version.
No deficiencies, and in fact I need to be more aware of taking in an excess of fat soluble vitamins from too much liver.
Interestingly, our diet style can alter the levels of vitamins & minerals our body requires.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
So, at the moment I'm on the "fence" for using both sources....

Wanted to throw out a philosophical query if I may....If u are a creation-believing or evolution-believing person, what is your view on regards to "nature"/ or the "creator" interjecting plant-based food for our consumption?...In either case why would plant-based foods be palatable?...Why would nature or the creator have included them (plant-based foods) in our ecosystem?...Again, not trying to take sides here, just curious as to what your thoughts are on it?...

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
MD, 5ish year practicing Carnivore and Carnivore advocate, Shawn Baker:

37 month carnivore so far. I include organs (primarily calf liver), take no supplements except some D3 in an effort to boost immune strength, and some B12 because I get it free from a veteran buddy that gets it from the VA but doesn’t use it because he and his wife buy an easier to swallow version.
No deficiencies, and in fact I need to be more aware of taking in an excess of fat soluble vitamins from too much liver.
Interestingly, our diet style can alter the levels of vitamins & minerals our body requires.

OK...another YOUTUBE video TB? Anyone can do these. So where did he prove his vitamin and mineral status is good? Perhaps a good old fashion comprehensive vitamin and mineral panel would be nice to see. TB I just entered 5 pounds of beef with fat trimmed to a diet analysis. Tell me what you are missing, then prove to me by some means other than a YOUTUBE video that we can alter our body to not need at minimum, the RDA of vitamins and minerals? I think all sports medicine docs I have talked to agree athletes need way more than the RDA. Now honestly I have no care in how you chose to eat but I do care that other read this and might get influenced. We are simply not cavemen and have evolved past that a long time ago. We did evolve from being Neanderthals.

Eat meat, I am a firm believer in that but we are human beings and can not magically alter our body to be a carnivore and live like a cat. I certainly agree the RDA is too low but hell you at least have to meet those needs. Take a look at the lack of some very important minerals below?

TB, I eat no vegies......I also take a Centrum multivitamin ever day. My blood work says ALL of the vitamin and minerals are in the normal to high normal range.

Vitamins.PNG

minerals.PNG

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
OK...another YOUTUBE video TB? Anyone can do these. So where did he prove his vitamin and mineral status is good? Perhaps a good old fashion comprehensive vitamin and mineral panel would be nice to see. TB I just entered 5 pounds of beef with fat trimmed to a diet analysis. Tell me what you are missing, then prove to me by some means other than a YOUTUBE video that we can alter our body to not need at minimum, the RDA of vitamins and minerals? I think all sports medicine docs I have talked to agree athletes need way more than the RDA. Now honestly I have no care in how you chose to eat but I do care that other read this and might get influenced. We are simply not cavemen and have evolved past that a long time ago. We did evolve from being Neanderthals.
Eat meat, I am a firm believer in that but we are human beings and can not magically alter our body to be a carnivore and live like a cat. I certainly agree the RDA is too low but hell you at least have to meet those needs. Take a look at the lack of some very important minerals below?
TB, I eat no vegies......I also take a Centrum multivitamin ever day. My blood work says ALL of the vitamin and minerals are in the normal to high normal range.
View attachment 11636
View attachment 11637
If you haven’t already, look up Shawn Baker. Author of The Carnivore Diet book, 5+ year carnivore eater, competitive athlete, educator, started up MeatRx.com and so on. Knows his shit, practices what he preaches, and dispels a lot of institutional dogma.
I share videos as a quick and simple examples and intro of persons and topics.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
@Bigtex,
Another’s research / studies and education, debates, etc is Paul Saladino — also MD and practicing carnivore.
He does have a line of quality desiccated organ supplements for those who choose not to consume organs themselves. He as well is an author: The Carnivore Code.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
@Bigtex,

“TB I just entered 5 pounds of beef with fat trimmed to a diet analysis. Tell me what you are missing….”

A significant percentage of a carnivore eaters diet includes beef, organs, eggs, fish, chicken, pork. There’s varying degrees of which foods one includes as a carnivore way of eating.
My diet includes beef, eggs, liver, some fish and occasional chicken and pork.
I go thru liberal phases that allow me 1-2 carb cycling days for 1-2 weeks at a time. Typically white rice and potatoes/yams.

For alleviation of food allergy symptoms, digestive/gut issues and more — a period of nothing but meat/beef and salt can be best for those who turn to carnivore for healing. Then slowly add small amounts of various other foods.

A carnivore way of eating provides the most nutrient dense, highest bioavailability possible. All of the nutrients are in their active/useable form (example: heme vs non heme iron), whereas a variety of plant based nutrients require conversion to a useable /absorbable form that’s very inefficient and requires far greater amounts.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic