Ethan7400
What's New?

Are Plant Foods truly “Healthy”?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
@C T J and @testboner, respectively;

Are there any foreseeable hazards that u are aware of?...I have a few concerns after looking over some of the data on this subject...

As I understand it now, this endeavor (Biotechnology, a.k.a GMOs) has advanced so rapidly that agencies that regulate this industry are having a hard time keeping up with it....It appears SOME researchers have warned that there are no extended tests to prove safety one way or another...From what I've gathered so far, they (researchers) are claiming that there are unrealized dangers...Below are some of the considerations:

● Allergic reaction.
● Increased toxicity.
● Resistance to antibiotics.
● Spread of “superweeds.”
● Harm to other organisms.
● The demise of safe pesticides.

Are the above-mentioned really an issue?....

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
No. But we’re stuck with what we’ve got — which is less healthful than it used to be (even within our years here). But don’t worry, technocracy is working rapidly to synthesize ALL of our food supply….. Mmm.

I'm not sure if this would be an issue or not, but with Gates owning more than half of the farms in the U.S. and him being involved with CRISPR, this means the corn that Americans eat is coming from his stash, right?...What are his farms doing to the corn genetically speaking?....

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
@C T J and @testboner, respectively;

Are there any foreseeable hazards that u are aware of?...I have a few concerns after looking over some of the data on this subject...

As I understand it now, this endeavor (Biotechnology, a.k.a GMOs) has advanced so rapidly that agencies that regulate this industry are having a hard time keeping up with it....It appears SOME researchers have warned that there are no extended tests to prove safety one way or another...From what I've gathered so far, they (researchers) are claiming that there are unrealized dangers...Below are some of the considerations:

● Allergic reaction.
● Increased toxicity.
● Resistance to antibiotics.
● Spread of “superweeds.”
● Harm to other organisms.
● The demise of safe pesticides.

Are the above-mentioned really an issue?....

Humans have been involved in crossbreeding (genetically modifying) foods for hundreds of years or longer.
However yes we can go too far and have negative effects from crossbreeding. One such example being Africanized bees (killer bees).
I would give an example in regards to plants but I can't think of one off the top of my head. @testboner has failed provide any for his sake of the debate. :p

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Humans have been involved in crossbreeding (genetically modifying) foods for hundreds of years or longer.
However yes we can go too far and have negative effects from crossbreeding. One such example being Africanized bees (killer bees).
I would give an example in regards to plants but I can't think of one off the top of my head. @testboner has failed provide any for his sake of the debate. :p

The onus is on you Bro — I’m watching the trajectory of real / nature created foods transitioning to lab synthesized, food-like substances as replacement. Modern agriculture is a scientific dystopia.
One of endless examples: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...08/lab-grown-food-destroy-farming-save-planet

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

This is a good topic, C T J!....From what I can tell so far, there really isn't any SOLID pro's/con's....It's still up in the air in regards to the safety of it....

For instance, food allergies seem to be high on the list as far as it being something that could be a problem...There seems to be a concern that if a gene producing a protein that caused an allergic reaction ended up in corn it could cause people with allergies some problems?...From what I understand (which isn't much at this point) the agencies that regulate food do require these companies to report if a modified food product does have any problem proteins....However, there are questions as to whether some of these problem proteins could end up slipping thru the process and not be identified....That could be a dangerous situation for someone who has food allergies....

I not long ago spoke with a worker at a gas station and she was telling me how she was being treated for some sort of food allergy that they couldn't put their finger on....She has never had food allergies in her life, up until this event...I believe she was in her mid-thirties...Anyway, I'm gonna study some more on it and see what I can come up with....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic