tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
RIP!!!....He was one of my favs!....He sure knew how to "piss" a crowd off!!!...haha!!!....

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I saw that, so sad.

I really enjoyed championship wrestling back then.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I don't watch it anymore but that era was the shit. I used to go to matches with gramps.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Yea, this was back in the good days of wrestling! He was for sure a legend and somebody I remember from my own childhood, it's sad to read. I seen it yesterday on FB.

I'll say though....71 isn't too shabby for most of those guys, imo. These guys lived in straight abuse and body wear and tear.

I hope to live longer of course, but who the hell knows.

Sad all-around, may he RIP:(

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I think professional wrestling inspired me more to hit the gym than Arnold when I was a kid. The morality play that was wrestling, i.e., the good guys vs. the bad guys, and the big physiques made me view them as comic book heroes and villains, and I wanted to look like those guys. Funny how life goes, as it's all so ridiculous, but it was formative to me! LOL

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I think professional wrestling inspired me more to hit the gym than Arnold when I was a kid. The morality play that was wrestling, i.e., the good guys vs. the bad guys, and the big physiques made me view them as comic book heroes and villains, and I wanted to look like those guys. Funny how life goes, as it's all so ridiculous, but it was formative to me! LOL

That is a good argument for myself too. It's hard to say. I didn't really know Arnold "the bodybuilder" as a kid in the 80's, but more from his movies...he and Stallone. Those 2 and Wrestlers were definitely my gym influencers though:cool:

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I remember when Orndorff turned on Hulk Hogan during a match... that was great!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic