Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Another POS protesting the flag at Olympic trials.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Exactly, it should not make any difference to those who teach. Students are students. Just as it should make no difference to government, we are all supposed to be treated equally by government. But we the people also need to learn to treat all Americans equally.

Teddy Roosevelt: "No Room in This Country for Hyphenated Americans, a hyphenated American is not an American at all."

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Yes, what difference does it make in a classroom? America should be a beautiful tapestry of many ethnic threads united as one in Freedom from all racism and tyranny from dictatorial power or stupidity. I shouldn't have to be wearing a t-shirt declaring 'Scotch-Irish-American lives matter!'

In elementary school, my daughter had a classmate friend, the description of her was 'tan with ears that stick out a little and she wears her hair up all the time in pigtails' - it wasn't until the end of the school year and a family-invited school event that I realized her friend was African-American because my daughter didn't see 'race', she only saw the person.

U and your daughter are in line with the Bamberger's!....Nice to know there are still people with substance left in this deflating world of dilapidation!!!!....:):cool:

"It is fundamental in our purpose, and our express desire, that in the appointments
to the staff and faculty, as well as in the admission of workers and students, no account shall be taken,
directly or indirectly, of race, religion, or sex. We feel strongly that the spirit characteristic of America at
its noblest, above all the pursuit of higher learning, cannot admit of any conditions as to personnel other
than those designed to promote the objects for which this institution is established, and particularly with
no regard whatever to accidents of race, creed, or sex."

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
This is such a mess. If you don't like the country don't represent us. Problem solved.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Is this a country (a system), a Cult full of mandatory rituals, or both?
When at a church service and all the congregation is asked to stand for prayer — does everyone HAVE to bow their head and close their eyes?? That would be cultic IF mandatory.

Now, are cultural rituals (traditions) “mandatory,” or are they voluntary. If not voluntary, then just how much freedom / liberty do we truly have?
Do we have a Cult…. or, are we a culture?
A worthy consideration: How much of you, is You? How much You are you “allowed” to be?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Is this a country (a system), a Cult full of mandatory rituals, or both?
When at a church service and all the congregation is asked to stand for prayer — does everyone HAVE to bow their head and close their eyes?? That would be cultic IF mandatory.

Now, are cultural rituals (traditions) “mandatory,” or are they voluntary. If not voluntary, then just how much freedom / liberty do we truly have?
Do we have a Cult…. or, are we a culture?
A worthy consideration: How much of you, is You? How much You are you “allowed” to be?

Exactly!!!...Well said, TB!!!!....There is no such thing as, "absolute" freedom, only "limited", freedom!....Good post!!!...

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
If you can't respect us, you can't represent us.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
If you can't respect us, you can't represent us.

I get that. We’re highly conditioned to that train of thought — but are we ALL genuinely obligated to aggrandize the US?
At what point is CULTure a Cult?

When I think of; “You HAVE to praise our country; you HAVE to venerate our flag” (any tradition, ritual, etc…) so on and so forth — I think North Korea.
Is that what we’re about? Is that how we want to be??

Also, a legal form of protest is protected. And respecting that whether we agree with it or not is a large part of American liberty. Protest doesn’t mean you don’t respect the country — it means there’s a grievance against something that you wish to see improved.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I get that. We’re highly conditioned to that train of thought — but are we ALL genuinely obligated to aggrandize the US?

When I think of; “You HAVE to praise our country; you HAVE to venerate our flag” (any tradition, ritual, etc…) so on and so forth — I think North Korea.

Also, a legal form of protest is protected. And respecting that whether we agree with it or not is a large part of American liberty. Protest doesn’t mean you don’t respect the country — it means there’s a grievance against something that you wish to see improved.

I get that but you are representing the USA, not yourself.
If you can't respect your employer you will not work there long, same shit here.

Protest all you want but not during "work hours". Thats not the place.

You dont have to like the flag or the country but why would you then represent it?

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I get that but you are representing the USA, not yourself.
If you can't respect your employer you will not work there long, same shit here.

Protest all you want but not during "work hours". Thats not the place.

You dont have to like the flag or the country but why would you then represent it?

As a competitor however, you are in fact representing yourself as well. Athletes aren’t robots — you want to perform well for yourself, your teammates, or whatever it may be.
The incident of turning her back from the flag was a silent protest — it wasn’t a speech, nor major interruption. The question should simply be asked of her; “Why did you do it? “IF there’s something in a contract of her’s that disallows such a thing, then that can be taken up between that agency and herself — not become a mainstream politicized narrative for every Tom, Dick and Harry to fixate on.

Again, IF we want to mandate various rituals and whatnot, then we’re turning North Korean like.

Last edited:
Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

Yea, they have it so bad here in America. Imagine doing this kind of crap in North Korea or Iran? It would be the last thing they do.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic