Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Anyone had a knee replacement

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Give the PRP and Hyaluronic Gel injections a try. You can get the 3 injections every 6 months on most insurance. I had the 3rd injection done 3 weeks ago and honestly have some relief. I am still hitting legs very hard.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@Bigtex Yea, i get those injections too (Gelsyn, Euflexxa, etc). Some are 2 series shots/some are 3 series shots. I've been getting them for several years now, just putting off the inevitable, no doubt lol. Got one PRP injection one time, but did not get much from it. Just got a cortisone shot last week while i'm waiting for my insurance to approve the next series of shots.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Same I am doing......putting off the inevitable. They gave me the one PRP injection too. Not sure how good it is but I have seen research that showed combination is much more effective that one or the other. I was at the point to have to use crutches because of the pain so at least I am off the crutches and still in the gym.

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Hey @ogre , did you have your replacement surgery yet? I'm assuming you have and what was the outcome? How are you doing?
Well I had to have 3 surgeries total in a 10 week period and now I have a staph infection.They discovered the staph infection with the third sugery.My theory is maybe the infection got in there after the first surgery and casued all the problems with the suture's tearing on the quad tendon I dont know.With the staph infection I got an iv in my arm and have to inject antibiotics 3 times a day for 6 weeks.Then I have to take oral antibiotics for 6 month's.After that they will let me know if it worked if not they will have to take it all out and redo it.The thing is my knee is feeling like it is healing this time and looks much better 3 weeks post op.

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Give the PRP and Hyaluronic Gel injections a try. You can get the 3 injections every 6 months on most insurance. I had the 3rd injection done 3 weeks ago and honestly have some relief. I am still hitting legs very hard.
When my other knee get's worse I think I'll try this option.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic