Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Portland's tactical police team resign

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Is this what they want when they're talking about defunding the police? Basically just leaving the public with no protection. How is this better exactly?

Do people really think defunding the police is going to make crime go down? It's unbelievable what the leaders are doing

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Leaders? Lmfao. Best wishes to any decent resident left there

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Is this what they want when they're talking about defunding the police? Basically just leaving the public with no protection. How is this better exactly?

Do people really think defunding the police is going to make crime go down? It's unbelievable what the leaders are doing
My wife was talking about this earlier. I guess this issue wasn't about defunding so much as defending, or lack thereof.

Some jackass "reporter" (read: an asshole, activist blogger) who was joining in with BLM/antifa rioters got knocked down by a cop trying not to get hurt by a mob. Now the activist POS sues and city rolls over and wets itself.

Cops resign due to city not backing them. Lack of support and defense.

I think the whole force should resign.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
I mean saying the “resigned” isn’t really accurate. They are still collecting paychecks they just quit their positions.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Defunding I probably used out of context but it goes right along with not supporting the people that protect citizens. There are people think that they can police themselves and how are they going to do that if the government is trying to ban guns, tell police they're not allowed to protect citizens or they may go to jail, and or just not seeing the benefit of having people that keep order in places that law abiding citizens won't be able to go anymore.

I didn't read the article because it was just infuriate me but I read an article headline yesterday that said some suburb of Atlanta was trying to divorce the city so they could create their own police department and police themselves. What exactly is that going to do they're going to hire cops that are only going to arrest the people they don't want to arrest which they're already doing depending on who the mayor and the police chief is?? What do they think they're going to accomplish they believe that police are doing all this wrongdoing you create a police force and you give people power and a gun and a badge you don't think that somehow they're going to become corrupt because you started this? It's insane. Follow the law, if you get pulled over put your hands up where the police can see them, don't be sticking your hand in your waistband or filming and arguing and you probably won't get shot.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
I wrote a long reply but erased it has to be seen to be believed Zero accountability and herd mentality this is being created on purpose I can’t watch any media

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Defunding I probably used out of context but it goes right along with not supporting the people that protect citizens. There are people think that they can police themselves and how are they going to do that if the government is trying to ban guns, tell police they're not allowed to protect citizens or they may go to jail, and or just not seeing the benefit of having people that keep order in places that law abiding citizens won't be able to go anymore.

I didn't read the article because it was just infuriate me but I read an article headline yesterday that said some suburb of Atlanta was trying to divorce the city so they could create their own police department and police themselves. What exactly is that going to do they're going to hire cops that are only going to arrest the people they don't want to arrest which they're already doing depending on who the mayor and the police chief is?? What do they think they're going to accomplish they believe that police are doing all this wrongdoing you create a police force and you give people power and a gun and a badge you don't think that somehow they're going to become corrupt because you started this? It's insane. Follow the law, if you get pulled over put your hands up where the police can see them, don't be sticking your hand in your waistband or filming and arguing and you probably won't get shot.

You're not wrong. It's a fuckin circus. Police chiefs have become figureheads and administrators that are basically now run by the mayors and city councils. That marriage has been brutal. It's created a divide in some cities, and in others, they hire a yes man that abides by what the mayor and council do. Unions have been effective somewhat in the past, but even they are stepping aside somewhat in some cities.

Society has become extreme in all we do. Cancel cultures, and radical thought such as defunding police. There are bad eggs in all professions. How often do you read about physicians or lawyers doing shady shit? Very little. It takes one or two bad officers and it's on the evening news for the next month. It's insane. And what is worse, it creates this vacuum of a broadbrush mentality where every police officer is bad or should pay for the sins of a few.

I'm for change, but it's for education and continual training of officers. Very little training or updated training seems to occur once an officer gets off of his probationary period. Having continued training and training based upon social issues could help this. But defunding police or having no police is just anarchy. Careful what you ask for.

Everything needs checks and balances. Boundaries are needed with anything. I get it. But we've seen glimpses of how bad things could be in places like Portland. Or Chicago where they their weapons laws are so strict. Even their dipshit mayor has finally waved the white flag and is asking for federal intervention.

Furthermore, those who still can push back are eventually going to rise up and form citizen armies or vigilante groups that will protect neighborhoods, and that will dole out their own forms of street justice. No, people need to wake up and stop drinking the kool-aid.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Sorry to say but this kind of shit in Oregon is spreading around every city in the USA. Our homocide rate is up 35% from last year. Not to mention violent crime quickly rising. The biggest problem is the revolving door at the court house. No bonds(PE bonds) for the fucking poor, light or no sentence. Since Fergusan, the media and public have turned on the police. Our police force is dwendling daily because no one wants to be a cop. They seem to be constantly having to defend doing their job and live in fear of being assisinated on a dily basis with no backing from their bosses who constantly play politics. We are seeing fewer and fewer police on our streets and crime is rising from running redlights and speeding to violent crimes and murder. No consequenses for doing the wrong thing.

This is where the 2nd amendment comes in......... "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
If they completely defund them and there are no more police, then we don't need as many lawyers or judges. Won't need as many prisons either.

We will need more ammo and cemeteries though...because if some people still want to be idiots without legal consequences, there will be other, more permanent consequences.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I complete agree. They probably don't need city counsel making up more laws either. It will be fun to watch this city operate on the survival on the fittest concept.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Can't blame them. I think any city that's talking about defunding the police needs to be fenced off and all cops just walk away. Do the same with the whole state of cali. Good luck with your communism and anarchy.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I agree with you 100%! I was talking to our County Constable at the 2020 elections where he was running for re-election. He told me the difficulties this all is having on recruitment and moral. I understand all of this, but you have to either do your job or quit and find another job. I would not blame any cop that walked off the job. I am pretty good fiends with the police force that we have where I work. We actually have a very large force but even they are having the same issues. Recruitment is down and moral is terrible. They all feel like they are afraid to do their jobs. These guys have to make split second decisions that many tmes mean the difference in life or death. They just want to go home to their family at the end of the day.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic