Kiddorism
What's New?

God Bless Texas

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Today our Governor signed a few bills into law:

1. H.B. 957 - “A firearm suppressor that is manufactured in this state and remains in this state is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce.”

Guess I am going to getting a suppressor made in Texas soon!

2. “Second Amendment Sanctuary Act.” - This Act bars the in-state enforcement of certain federal gun controls.

3. S.B. 20 - which prohibits “hotels from disallowing guests to store a firearm or ammunition in their rooms, or carry a gun or ammunition directly from their vehicle to their room.”

And two days ago..........

4. Constitutional Carry - all taking effect September 1st of this year.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Unfortunately, unlike weed, I imagine the feds are going to come down hard on anyone selling and buying suppressors without a tax stamp. Hopefully when that goes to the supreme court it goes well.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Aren't u big enough to be hunten bear with a switch?....Why u need gun, professor?...:p

Hey, bro....I grew up with a gun in my hand. My grandfather got us gun and holster sets when we were very small. Grew up with BB guns and pellet guns and shot at targets in our back yard, we had a huge back yard and lived in the country. I use to throw up cans and shoot them with a pellet rifle and gradually progressed to a .22. I have over 40 guns in the house. Half of them were left to me by my father after he passed. Here in Texas we love our guns. I carry my .40 cal to work every day and have been a CHL holder since the law was passed in 2015. However, I do not hunt. Mine ae only for personal protection. My wife is also a very proud CHL holder. She is a damn good shot too with her .40 cal. They could not own guns in Argentina except for criminals and government

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
The suppressor thing is very interesting. Unfortunately I'm not in Texas but as we our retirement hopefully soon Texas is definitely on the map.

I'm not a gun fanatic in any stretch of the imagination but I am well armed for home protection as well as civil unrest. I have a fairly good stockpile of ammunition and don't plan on giving it up at any point even if that means I have to move to Texas sooner than anticipated.

Reactions: 5.0
MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Hey, bro....I grew up with a gun in my hand. My grandfather got us gun and holster sets when we were very small. Grew up with BB guns and pellet guns and shot at targets in our back yard, we had a huge back yard and lived in the country. I use to throw up cans and shoot them with a pellet rifle and gradually progressed to a .22. I have over 40 guns in the house. Half of them were left to me by my father after he passed. Here in Texas we love our guns. I carry my .40 cal to work every day and have been a CHL holder since the law was passed in 2015. However, I do not hunt. Mine ae only for personal protection. My wife is also a very proud CHL holder. She is a damn good shot too with her .40 cal. They could not own guns in Argentina except for criminals and government

The law passed a few decades before 2015.
Been having a CHL since somewhere around 1997 or so.
When it was a 10 hour minimum class.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
The suppressor thing is very interesting. Unfortunately I'm not in Texas but as we our retirement hopefully soon Texas is definitely on the map.

I'm not a gun fanatic in any stretch of the imagination but I am well armed for home protection as well as civil unrest. I have a fairly good stockpile of ammunition and don't plan on giving it up at any point even if that means I have to move to Texas sooner than anticipated.

I have several suppressors but would like a few more.
Will be interesting to see what comes out of this change in law in Texas.
Not sure if any of the current manufactures are located in Texas.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I have several suppressors but would like a few more.
Will be interesting to see what comes out of this change in law in Texas.
Not sure if any of the current manufactures are located in Texas.
There are some. The real question is where are you going to buy them? I don't see FFLs risking their federal license and a felony to sell NFA items without a tax stamp. I don't see current manufacturers selling NFA items to a non-FFL and becoming felons.

Maybe some fly by night businesses will pop up.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
There are some. The real question is where are you going to buy them? I don't see FFLs risking their federal license and a felony to sell NFA items without a tax stamp. I don't see current manufacturers selling NFA items to a non-FFL and becoming felons.

Maybe some fly by night businesses will pop up.

I get your point but thats like legal cannabis in California.
Federal felony but business is thriving.

have not read the new law but it might give options to build your own suppressor Texas legal with no paper work.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
The law passed a few decades before 2015.
Been having a CHL since somewhere around 1997 or so.
When it was a 10 hour minimum class.

You are right, I guess I have too. Even though I concealed carry a hand gun since maybe the late 70's. Not sure why I thought it was 2015.

Hey, remember how scared the left was over passing this law. It is going to be like the wild wild west, shoot outs ever where. Never happened. Same shit I am hearing about Constitutional Carry.

Wonder what will happen to the CHL. You can't travel to other states easily without one. Hopefully they will keep this going. I sure don't mind paying for ours.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
You are right, I guess I have too. Even though I concealed carry a hand gun since maybe the late 70's. Not sure why I thought it was 2015.

Hey, remember how scared the left was over passing this law. It is going to be like the wild wild west, shoot outs ever where. Never happened. Same shit I am hearing about Constitutional Carry.

Wonder what will happen to the CHL. You can't travel to other states easily without one. Hopefully they will keep this going. I sure don't mind paying for ours.

I remember the "streets will be colored red with blood".
I have no problem paying for it either. Never really thought about the other states without a CHL.
Good point, hopefully that will not change.

I remember how much safer we would be when they passed the assault weapon ban.
Not a damn thing changed. Failed the first time so I wonder why they think it will be any difference now.
I hate those stupid fucktards that are making laws about things they dont even understand.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I remember the "streets will be colored red with blood".
I have no problem paying for it either. Never really thought about the other states without a CHL.
Good point, hopefully that will not change.

I remember how much safer we would be when they passed the assault weapon ban.
Not a damn thing changed. Failed the first time so I wonder why they think it will be any difference now.
I hate those stupid fucktards that are making laws about things they dont even understand.

MorganKane, I bought my AR back in maybe the late 70's or early 80's. Paid $235 for it and $210 for a MAC 10. All this stupid law did was increase the value of my AR. We know the real reason for these tyrannical gun laws, and that is to keep weapons out of our hands so we can be ruled easier. If government represented themajority of the people then they would not fear a gun. We have too many stats available in Texas about how crimes have dropped since the carry law passed. Our crime rate is rising here but it is strictly due to the hate the blue/defund the police shit that started with Obama. No one want to be a cop, those that are still cops are afraid to do their job and the city keeps cutting their hours and their benefits. Might as well just sit and drink coffee and eat donuts. Its safer and you don't end up in the press.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic