Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

PIP suggestions

J

jixer08

Jul 14, 2014
I don't know your experience, but reminding you that some muscles, like shoulder, cannot take the volume the larger muscles can, and you might have to split it up, like use both shoulders, if you are using a lot. I believe the rule of thumb is 1ml per shoulder?

Alright thanks. Yeah I have only used glutes so all other places are new to me. Quads are definitely a no go for me.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Its kinda interesting that when I went on doctor prescribed TRT and asked that I could inject myself (I can't imagine paying a nurse every injection) I was taught to do a quad IM injection. Fast forward a decade and listening to pro bodybuilders on podcasts and many of them completely avoid the quads just because even done right every once in a while you are going to get a lingering painful one, and if that means having to skip a leg day or dialing down your intensity that really sux.

Quads, like the glutes, can take a big oil injection volume, but damn if you get quad PIP.

IM Injections.jpg

injection sites.jpg

Of course there are other sites too, like pec, biceps, calves...

Last edited:
Reactions: 5.0

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Sust knots me up every time no matter where I inject, no problems with anything else vg or quad.

J

jixer08

Jul 14, 2014
Its kinda interesting that when I went on doctor prescribed TRT and asked that I could inject myself (I can't imagine paying a nurse every injection) I was taught to do a quad IM injection. Fast forward a decade and listening to pro bodybuilders on podcasts and many of them completely avoid the quads just because even done right every once in a while you are going to get a lingering painful one, and if that means having to skip a leg day or dialing down your intensity that really sux.

Quads, like the glutes, can take a big oil injection volume, but damn if you get quad PIP.

View attachment 11580

View attachment 11581

Of course there are other sites too, like pec, biceps, calves...

Great information. Thanks for this

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I don't know your experience, but reminding you that some muscles, like shoulder, cannot take the volume the larger muscles can, and you might have to split it up, like use both shoulders, if you are using a lot. I believe the rule of thumb is 1ml per shoulder?
I've put 3ml in a shoulder before, no problems.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Quads are not a bad place to shoot but make sure you are hitting that outer sweep. Most don't realize where to poke and end up going right in the mid quad, which is loaded with nerves, veins, etc.

J

jixer08

Jul 14, 2014
Quads are not a bad place to shoot but make sure you are hitting that outer sweep. Most don't realize where to poke and end up going right in the mid quad, which is loaded with nerves, veins, etc.

Well that's probably what I did. This is day 4 and it ain't much better. I've tried stretching, massaging, muscle rub, heat, ice, anti-inflammatories, tens unit. I'm about to go to the gym and workout and see if I can work through it.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
I've put 3ml in a shoulder before, no problems.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
An average delt can take 2mL. If you're using aas to an extent you're talking 3mL at a time your delt better be able to handle 3mL IMO

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic