Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Any good shows on?

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
OT, fwiw, but in the early 1980s, Terry Todd and Tony Fitton put together The World Series of PL at Auburn University. An invitational PL event with just a few of the top dogs in each weight class, a few seminars, and an early version of WSM contests using just a barbell and 5 Lifts, limited to a select group of NFL players. This was around when Terry Bradshaw + the Steelers won 4 Super Bowls in a 5 year span, and Roger Staubach + the Cowboys were their chief rivals.

It was Steelers Center Mike Webster who won the NFL event, with Steelers OL Jon Kolb taking 2nd.

Sad to see what became of Webster and so many others years later.

U can't mention Terry Bradshaw without Roger Staubach in the same dialogue?....Those two were my absolute favorites back in the day, with Joe Namoth running in 2nd!....

My pro teams were Pittsburgh/Dallas and my college teams were Alabama (Go Bear), Bulldogs, FSU, and the Hurricanes!!!!...

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
U must be young!!!!....U go, girl!!!!....:cool:

I run circles around the young girls I work w/ and they ask me how I do it, you do whatcha gots to do - 7 days a week baybee - nitric oxide helps and I have a daily supplement regimen. Thrills me when college guys ask me out for dinner or my number, got another request this week -- they have NO stinkin' CLUE how old I am LOL, none, so far off, like they probably think Seals & Crofts is a designer label - and I say to myself, "Self, you still got it goin' on". ;) I try to get a day off each month but I have no normal life like the rest of the world lol, so I come here for the comedic wit and camaraderie. And the wisdom. No matter how busy life gets and how long I've been away from the board it always feels like family when I stop in for a visit.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I run circles around the young girls I work w/ and they ask me how I do it, you do whatcha gots to do - 7 days a week baybee - nitric oxide helps and I have a daily supplement regimen. Thrills me when college guys ask me out for dinner or my number, got another request this week -- they have NO stinkin' CLUE how old I am LOL, none, so far off, like they probably think Seals & Crofts is a designer label - and I say to myself, "Self, you still got it goin' on". ;) I try to get a day off each month but I have no normal life like the rest of the world lol, so I come here for the comedic wit and camaraderie. And the wisdom. No matter how busy life gets and how long I've been away from the board it always feels like family when I stop in for a visit.

Tell us, how much of these stellar qualities do u attribute to working out, or do you just plain out have the genetics to boot?...

It's too bad the majority of people DON'T have your attitude!....There would prolly be a whole lot less depression going on!...:)

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Tell us, how much of these stellar qualities do u attribute to working out, or do you just plain out have the genetics to boot?...
It's too bad the majority of people DON'T have your attitude!....There would prolly be a whole lot less depression going on!...:)

Both: OK, my health testimony is that I was born with a rare hereditary disorder nobody's ever heard of Epidermolysis Bullosa Simplex, too soft skin causing blistering of the skin on hands & feet from any friction. Fortunately, this form is non-scarring, nobody saw the pain except maybe in hot weather when they saw me limping a little or wincing w/pain. The other forms are disfiguring and fatal. We are called the 'butterfly people'. So I've lived w/pain - but I divulge this because

A) this delicate skin I attribute to my wrinkle-free face (well I see a prayer crease so not wrinkle-free but others always comment on the lack of) but

B) this disorder led me into weights at a young age before high school because while I biked the city bike route on days I was out of school and swam all my life, most sports required a lot of running. I went into synchronized swimming which requires tremendous strength and I discovered Cory Everson - bought her workout book & a KMart set of weights and worked out in the attic - Cory was my role model. With lifting gloves I fell in love w/ weights. I still follow Cory's page because she's also a very strong Christian. My testimony is that Father healed me a couple of summers ago. I still wear gloves at the gym because it's more comfortable for my grip but I no longer live in pain especially in the hottest months. No medicine or surgery, healed me, God alone deserves the glory and I'm so grateful.

C) I also have a voracious appetite for naturopathic health and I'm always reading about plant & nutritional therapy and the amazing power of the mind-body connection. I choose to be positive no matter my circumstances and I think on what is good & count my blessings. I'm grateful for my jobs when others are struggling. I won't always work this hard (correction on my addition, min of 62hrs but often 72) this is only temporary because my best days are still ahead. Oh and D) continuous intense hydration (mermaid me) -- so that's my story and I refuse to age. ~ The best waves are still out there! ;) (and maybe Seals & Crofts sounds more like a bourbon label? lol)

Last edited:
IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Some series I've watched on Netflix recently:

Intelligence
Undercover
Broadchurch
Shooter
Bodyguard

As you can tell, I'm into crime drama, mystery, spy shows. All of those were pretty good.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Perdida and money heist if you can tolerate subtitles.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Both: OK, my health testimony is that I was born with a rare hereditary disorder nobody's ever heard of Epidermolysis Bullosa Simplex, too soft skin causing blistering of the skin on hands & feet from any friction. Fortunately, this form is non-scarring, nobody saw the pain except maybe in hot weather when they saw me limping a little or wincing w/pain. The other forms are disfiguring and fatal. We are called the 'butterfly people'. So I've lived w/pain - but I divulge this because

A) this delicate skin I attribute to my wrinkle-free face (well I see a prayer crease so not wrinkle-free but others always comment on the lack of) but

B) this disorder led me into weights at a young age before high school because while I biked the city bike route on days I was out of school and swam all my life, most sports required a lot of running. I went into synchronized swimming which requires tremendous strength and I discovered Cory Everson - bought her workout book & a KMart set of weights and worked out in the attic - Cory was my role model. With lifting gloves I fell in love w/ weights. I still follow Cory's page because she's also a very strong Christian. My testimony is that Father healed me a couple of summers ago. I still wear gloves at the gym because it's more comfortable for my grip but I no longer live in pain especially in the hottest months. No medicine or surgery, healed me, God alone deserves the glory and I'm so grateful.

C) I also have a voracious appetite for naturopathic health and I'm always reading about plant & nutritional therapy and the amazing power of the mind-body connection. I choose to be positive no matter my circumstances and I think on what is good & count my blessings. I'm grateful for my jobs when others are struggling. I won't always work this hard (correction on my addition, min of 62hrs but often 72) this is only temporary because my best days are still ahead. Oh and D) continuous intense hydration (mermaid me) -- so that's my story and I refuse to age. ~ The best waves are still out there! ;) (and maybe Seals & Crofts sounds more like a bourbon label? lol)

Ah yeah, "Summer Breez, makes me feel fine"....I had to look them (Seals &Nash) up when I read your post....I recognized "Summer Breeze" from when my step-brother would play it....He was a "Lynard Skynard" fan too!...

I'm glad to hear that your condition has subsided!!!....I can only imagine the anguish of having to deal with that for so long as u did!....U are definitely one "tough cookie"!....Stay positive!....U are an inspiration to ALL!....

BTW, I'm curious to know if the docs agree with u being healed?....Could it be that it (condition) is just not yielding symptoms anymore?....Do u know which gene(s) in your case were/are affected?....

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm presently watching "The Kaminsky Method" on Netflix. Michael Douglas and Alan Arkin are the main characters, and they crack me up! It's really well written.

And lots of classic actors/entertainers doing cameos. So far I've seen Jay Leno, Patti Labelle, Ann Margaret, Jane Seymour, Kathleen Turner, Paul Reiser. It's really good.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Shadow and Bone on Netflix is good. It’s a new Sci-fi series.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I watched Awake on Netflix. Really good

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic