Kiddorism
What's New?

Intermittent Fasting and Alcohol

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Just curious what the take is on this. If I have my last meal at 6pm but then have a few ounces of bourbon at 9pm, is my fast considered starting at 6pm or 9pm? Not having beer or food, just maybe a splash or two before bed.
Looking to figure out actual fasting time to see if I need to move my 1st meal back.
Thanks

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Just curious what the take is on this. If I have my last meal at 6pm but then have a few ounces of bourbon at 9pm, is my fast considered starting at 6pm or 9pm? Not having beer or food, just maybe a splash or two before bed.
Looking to figure out actual fasting time to see if I need to move my 1st meal back.
Thanks

Technically / literally defined, alcohol breaks a fast. The physiological benefits that fasting provides, are interrupted/delayed/stopped by alcohol consumption.
If your form of fasting is simply to abstain from food consumption, then your bourbon drink is inconsequential.
What’s your reason/s for fasting?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
LK needs to fit into his summer Mankini

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
LK needs to fit into his summer Mankini
My man hammock does not hold the boys well in the heat.

Been doing IF to control weight and it has been working well, just didn't know how a scotch or bourbon before bed fit in.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I pushed my fasting times up to 10pm-2pm. This way I can drink a few cocktails and have a small meal before bed. Black coffee in the morning and first meal at 2p

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I consider my last meal to be my last beer of the night, but that’s 2-4 beers so it’s definitely more impactful than your 2-4oz of liquor. I also eat with my first couple beers, and that’s the 2nd or 3rd meal in a 6-7 hour window each day. I almost always make it until 3-4p for my first meal. Used to suck, now it’s not too bad. Espresso only in the morning. Nothing added anymore. Used to put butter and cinnamon.

Just rambling, but bottom line, if it’s purely for restricting calories, you’re not hurting anything.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I pushed my fasting times up to 10pm-2pm. This way I can drink a few cocktails and have a small meal before bed. Black coffee in the morning and first meal at 2p
Pretty much do 1:30 to 6pm food wise, pushing for a longer fast but a cocktail at 9 to 10 will throw that off I may change it up.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
8pm till 6pm
Nothing but water

6pm-8pm
I eat as much as I can
Mostly no carb
I actually cook a lot of chk beef
And don’t even finish my plate
Dog is getting fat from scraps