Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

HGH use for ruptured tricep tendon recovery..

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Long story short, I was in a car accident and wound up rupturing my tricep tendon. I need surgery. Will be out a couple months.
Ive heard mixed opinions on using HGH for recovery and healing injuries like this. Does anyone have any feedback or knowledge, if this will help speed up my recovery? Next question would be, if it will help, when would I start injecting the HGH and at what dose? Reason I am asking, is I dont want to be injecting into the tricep and cause an infection, etc. Or is this even a good idea? All response are appreciated..

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Long story short, I was in a car accident and wound up rupturing my tricep tendon. I need surgery. Will be out a couple months.
Ive heard mixed opinions on using HGH for recovery and healing injuries like this. Does anyone have any feedback or knowledge, if this will help speed up my recovery? Next question would be, if it will help, when would I start injecting the HGH and at what dose? Reason I am asking, is I dont want to be injecting into the tricep and cause an infection, etc. Or is this even a good idea? All response are appreciated..

HGH is a good option but IGF-1 is probably even better. This is one of the many growth factors they use in PRP. Might throw in some BC 157 and Deca as well.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
HGH is a good option but IGF-1 is probably even better. This is one of the many growth factors they use in PRP. Might throw in some BC 157 and Deca as well.
Thanks for the reply. I am going to discuss other options with surgeon on Monday.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016

I didn't read but an minscule amount of the article (lazy)....I had ACL reconstruction years ago and it never has been the same...Then I got ran over by a truck in 2017 and broke both of the lower bones in my leg (same one as the ACL surgery)....They attached an rod from my knee to my ankle....

W6, of course I experience pain in the knee, yet it isn't chronic like my back....Is this article indicating that I would get an healing effect to my knee (ACL) via HgH?....Or just pain relief and maybe a little mobility advantage?....

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I didn't read but an minscule amount of the article (lazy)....I had ACL reconstruction years ago and it never has been the same...Then I got ran over by a truck in 2017 and broke both of the lower bones in my leg (same one as the ACL surgery)....They attached an rod from my knee to my ankle....

W6, of course I experience pain in the knee, yet it isn't chronic like my back....Is this article indicating that I would get an healing effect to my knee (ACL) via HgH?....Or just pain relief and maybe a little mobility advantage?....
The study looked at GH one week before and 5 weeks after surgery. It suggested there may be benefits to GH for rehab from ACL and perhaps other surgery. There is an ongoing NIH study using OX for 12 weeks following rotator cuff surgery to see if it speeds recovery. They are just starting to look at PEDs in therapeutic dosing for injury/surgery rehab. We really don't know if it will help or not, my sense is it will but there will be large individual variability. It can't hurt to try esp with reasonable dosing. Decades ago one of the sports med docs I knew told me that NFL guys that were taking PEDs that got injured or had surgery were given testosterone if they couldn't continue the PED because they wouldn't recover as well. Makes sense. If the world wasn't so anti-testosterone/AAS in men and women, it would go a long way in mitigating the effects of aging on our bodies along with a good diet and exercise program. All the emphasis is on longevity, if there is no QOL, longevity means nothing.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
In probably mentioned this, I suffered a miniscus injury years ago really didn't know and now ostioarthritis set in. I let it go on for almost 10 years before it recently got too painful to walk. A few weeks back I went to see my ortho and he did some x-rays...no miniscus, just bone on bone. Knee replacement is a possibile solution. PRP treatment is another option....... IGF-1 is one of the many growth factors they use from your own blood. The other option is hyluronic acid gel injections. I discussed other options with him that I planned on doing myself and he agreed that hGH injections are good and probably better are IGF-1 injections. I believe I put up research not long ago about how low dose IGF-1 treatment repair bone and ligiment damage. But hGH increases IGF-1 too. So since then, I have been doing 4iu hGH on M, W, F and 30mcg of IGF-1 lR3 on T, TH and Sat. I do inject the IGF-1 right into the joint. Yes some obviously goes systemic.

When I had patella and quad re-attachement surgery 10 years ago, I did IGF-1, MGF injections as close to the injuries as I could get. I went from a 6 month rehab to being released in 5 weeks. Looks like next Tueaday I will go get the hyluronic and PRP treatment. I do suggest you talk to your doctor about what they can do. Just realize that it takes a "different" person to inject into injuries. My wife actually thinks I am crazy now that she has seem me do it.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
If the world wasn't so anti-testosterone/AAS in men and women, it would go a long way in mitigating the effects of aging on our bodies along with a good diet and exercise program. All the emphasis is on longevity, if there is no QOL, longevity means nothing.

That's the way I feel, W6!....So many people on this planet now and in the past, have/had no QOL during the trek....Question is, what qualifies as 'QOL'....People have different views on what that means....Especially, the medical community!....

Thanks for the reply, as usual, it was dead on!...

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
In probably mentioned this, I suffered a miniscus injury years ago really didn't know and now ostioarthritis set in. I let it go on for almost 10 years before it recently got too painful to walk. A few weeks back I went to see my ortho and he did some x-rays...no miniscus, just bone on bone. Knee replacement is a possibile solution. PRP treatment is another option....... IGF-1 is one of the many growth factors they use from your own blood. The other option is hyluronic acid gel injections. I discussed other options with him that I planned on doing myself and he agreed that hGH injections are good and probably better are IGF-1 injections. I believe I put up research not long ago about how low dose IGF-1 treatment repair bone and ligiment damage. But hGH increases IGF-1 too. So since then, I have been doing 4iu hGH on M, W, F and 30mcg of IGF-1 lR3 on T, TH and Sat. I do inject the IGF-1 right into the joint. Yes some obviously goes systemic.

When I had patella and quad re-attachement surgery 10 years ago, I did IGF-1, MGF injections as close to the injuries as I could get. I went from a 6 month rehab to being released in 5 weeks. Looks like next Tueaday I will go get the hyluronic and PRP treatment. I do suggest you talk to your doctor about what they can do. Just realize that it takes a "different" person to inject into injuries. My wife actually thinks I am crazy now that she has seem me do it.

Before I go into surgery, I will have to ask him about some of these treatments. If I can get a faster recovery, by all means, I am going to do it.
I just didnt want to go injecting right into the tricep and cause an infection and just have more problems.

I really good friend of mine is an HRT/Aesthetic doctor. He prescribes peptides, IGF1, HGH etc to some patients. I am going to ask him a good treatment plan to get me healed up faster. I am not necessarily worried about the gym, I just dont want to be out of work too long. I make too much money, and for me to be off work 2 months, would set me back a bit. Thankfully the wife is working, but we need my income too.

Thanks again for your reply..

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
Sorry to hear about your accident...I wish you a full recovery.

I ruptured my distal bicep tendon about 7 years ago and I ran pharm HGH at 10iu right before surgery and all through recovery for about 2 months.

I had an easy recovery compared to most and DR actually kicked me out of rehab halfway through because he knew I was rehabbing on my own as well.

I am not sure what the HGH did but I did develope an issue where the bone grew over the tendon repair and it made it hard to pronate the wrist....was this because of the HGH?....i am not sure but I have heard it might have been.

Anyways I was running HGH ,test and deca to help recovery and I always felt great .

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic