Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Learned a valuable Lesson after surgery.Take it easy.

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
I had a total knee replacement 4-7-21.Felt great next day up and on crutches.I went home next day I'm hopping down the street on crutches with my granddaughters feeling like its all cool.PT guy says your way ahead of most.Hell my flex is like120 in a few days.First follow up they draw 140 ml of blood of my knee.Still feel great but for alot of swelling.Second follow up they draw another 140 ml of blood.Then the surgen comes in checks it out says you torn the sutures inside.So 4 weeks after replacement they had to open it back up to repair the torn sutures.So after 4 weeks its like starting over.Patience when healing is a must.Lesson learned.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I'm just a dumb layman, but it seems odd that it took the medical pro's 4 weeks to catch this. Not sure if the PT guy should have said something to you other than what he did say, or if whoever drew blood either time should have reported this, or if the surgeon should have routinely monitored your case a lot earlier, but my layman's 2nd opinion is wtf?!

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Did you feel any pain prior to the 2nd follow up?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Damn @ogre , i'm so sorry this happened to you. Ugh. Keep that pretty little head of yours up and you will get back on track soon.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Damn @ogre , i'm so sorry this happened to you. Ugh. Keep that pretty little head of yours up and you will get back on track soon.

ogre, apologies for going OT, but I just have to know ... what exactly is Bova talking about here?

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
I'm just a dumb layman, but it seems odd that it took the medical pro's 4 weeks to catch this. Not sure if the PT guy should have said something to you other than what he did say, or if whoever drew blood either time should have reported this, or if the surgeon should have routinely monitored your case a lot earlier, but my layman's 2nd opinion is wtf?!
Your right dude.The PA is the one who checked me out 1st and second visit.Only then called the surgeun in to look at why so much bleeding and swelling the second visit.Then told me of torn suture.

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Aww thank's Bova.The only problem is my head is bald and almost 60 .At one time it was pretty.lol.I'm still hitting the rest of my body so as not to get depressed.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic