Latest Member
Imsprod1
What's New?

A couple peeks

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I'm the same as TOM....If I eat red meat, chicken, really any "hard" type of protein, It's a nightmare on the exit!....If I eat "soft" protein, such as eggs, fish, etc., then the exit is gracious!....What besides fiber can one use to soften the experience?....

The answer is simple: Adaptation.
Meat is technically one of the absolute most efficiently digested foods, and most nonalergenic for the largest segment of population.
Transitioning from a carb heavy and plant based style, as well as switching from a SAD (standard American diet / anything goes) will need on avg 2-3 weeks to adapt acid levels and various enzymes for a smooth and efficient largely meat based way of eating.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I worked with a black guy in the mason industry....He would not eat all day long and would only drink sips of water during the day (10hrs in the Florida hot sun)....He was around 240lbs.....Everyone else would snack, eat lunch and snack thru out the day!....After about 2 weeks of me noticing he wasn't eating and only sipping water occasionally thru out the day, I couldn't resist and ask him how he was able to NOT EAT.....

Turns out, he would eat one time when he would get home from work...His wife would have supper ready when he walked in the door....He said it would take him 2-3 hours to eat...She would cook 3-4 pots of food and whatever meat, poutry, ect that they could afford....He had a gut, but was otherwise jacked!.....He did not drink alcohol or smoke or do drugs....Anyway, he died at the age of 55!....Not sure if this is an healthy way to eat...

It’s only a healthy way to eat when the food being eaten is healthy / nutrient dense and is a large enough quantity to supply all essential nutrient needs.
So far as a species appropriate way of eating, an ancestral proper pattern of eating doesn’t include food every day of the week. Some fasting is normal and healthiest.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Thank you! Also, I used to be the same way about fiber. Since adapting to carnivore, that all changed. Fiber is actually one of the most common causes of general digestive distress.
Very interesting. You don't find it hard to digest and pass that much protein?

I always feel like my blood pressure is through the roof but I feel a lot better when I take in a good amount of fiber. I don't do wheat (gluten) at all I can't digest gluten whatsoever if I have one slice of bread the next day I can barely close my hands it affects my joints extremely hard.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Very interesting. You don't find it hard to digest and pass that much protein?

I always feel like my blood pressure is through the roof but I feel a lot better when I take in a good amount of fiber. I don't do wheat (gluten) at all I can't digest gluten whatsoever if I have one slice of bread the next day I can barely close my hands it affects my joints extremely hard.

Hello Bro,
There’s a LOT of debate about fiber. We’ve been traditionally so indoctrinated with the claim of its necessity that when it’s questioned at all, the reaction is quite emotional — the defense reaction triggers a cognitive dissonance.
Dr Paul Saladino is just one of MANY who have done a lot of research on fiber (nutrition in general). He’s the author of; The Carnivore Code, and very active throughout social media platforms.
This is just a quick grab of one of his many discussions about fiber that I grabbed as an example to spark some thought.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Hello Bro,
There’s a LOT of debate about fiber. We’ve been traditionally so indoctrinated with the claim of its necessity that when it’s questioned at all, the reaction is quite emotional — the defense reaction triggers a cognitive dissonance.
Dr Paul Saladino is just one of MANY who have done a lot of research on fiber (nutrition in general). He’s the author of; The Carnivore Code, and very active throughout social media platforms.
This is just a quick grab of one of his many discussions about fiber that I grabbed as an example to spark some thought.

I feel like Alex at times!*LOL*....King Solomon eluded to this by making an statement along the lines of how man kinds' making to many books was detrimental....Ecclesiastes 12:12 also 1:18....

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I thought Solomon was supposed to have been the wisest person to have ever lived. Kinda sounds like a dumbass there.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I thought Solomon was supposed to have been the wisest person to have ever lived. Kinda sounds like a dumbass there.

The Queen of Sheba didn't think so! :p......But yeah, when I first read that years ago, it hit me the same way!....However, in my latter days, I can see his point on the matter....

Side note: During his last days, he did do some stupid things!....How?....Why?....

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010

I feel like Alex at times!*LOL*....King Solomon eluded to this by making an statement along the lines of how man kinds' making to many books was detrimental....Ecclesiastes 12:12 also 1:18....

I like the quote from Alexander the Great.

Regarding Solomon, when he wrote Ecclesiastes he was in a phase of indulgence and the search for meaning. So although he came out in the end more experienced from many fruitless pursuits, his expressions recorded in those writings in particular aren’t a model to be followed.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic