Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

So....when did macros stop being important?

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
This point use to be an prevelant talking jest all the time....Can someone break down the science on this into layman's terms so the people like me can understand the why's of it?...Try not to make it pages upon pages and paragraphs upon paragraphs, please!....Just the gist of it will do....I think this is where a lot of folks get skewed in this game....U would automatically think that the body would go for the stored fat FIRST (why did it store the fat to begin with?), right?....But it doesn't!....Hence, the skinny fat syndrome!...Anyway, can someone elaborate, yet, keep it simple?....

Experience bears witness, AND for those who choose to jerk off to studies, there are plenty that state the same.

When fasting, the body first uses the most easily ready energy; glucose. It will burn through that, THEN, it will go for glycogen (glucose stored in the liver and muscles). Then.... it will begin to burn fat because the body is now in the state known as ketosis.
If one continues to exercise, lean tissue is preserved for a lengthy period — especially with the addition of peds (AAS and/or peptides).

You can find studies to support any position you take now days. This is why (one of the major reasons) studies aren’t the panacea of knowledge nor discovery. You have to experiment based on your own goals, desire, intuition, and both pro and con research.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
This point use to be an prevelant talking jest all the time....Can someone break down the science on this into layman's terms so the people like me can understand the why's of it?...Try not to make it pages upon pages and paragraphs upon paragraphs, please!....Just the gist of it will do....I think this is where a lot of folks get skewed in this game....U would automatically think that the body would go for the stored fat FIRST (why did it store the fat to begin with?),right?....But it doesn't!....Hence, the skinny fat syndrome!...Anyway, can someone elaborate, yet, keep it simple?....
I for a good period now (3 years on June 1) have refrained from eating 7 days a week. I typically eat 5-6 days a week. Sometimes I time my IT period so that I can fast 24hrs yet still eat everyday. Make sense?
I’m 54 years old. These pics are by no means my peak condition nor my most muscular phases, but they are representative of my overall year round condition from utilizing everything I’ve learned and brought up in small part with my posts in this thread.
05F0FB0D-A1A4-4920-9D0A-1983A3C05C8E.jpeg
C9E50DA9-595D-43BE-9250-4AF42CE50FCC.jpeg
8079DCE4-2E5C-40A8-9EAB-65E8A389380E.jpeg

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
I for a good period now (3 years on June 1) have refrained from eating 7 days a week. I typically eat 5-6 days a week. Sometimes I time my IT period so that I can fast 24hrs yet still eat everyday. Make sense?
I’m 54 years old. These pics are by no means my peak condition nor my most muscular phases, but they are representative of my overall year round condition from utilizing everything I’ve learned and brought up in small part with my posts in this thread ]

these are my pics from everything I’ve learned about diet and nutrition which is nothing. I don’t count calories, carbs, proteins or fats. when it comes to diet I know very little yet able to get this type of conditioning. knowledge/experience is overrated. lol

9dfd8b53c03ef13d9b592fc2a0ef4ab7.jpg

42d26a4888676d6d7c1f3d17882804e2.jpg

e5d195f78902e7d5b8b2fd62582c1554.jpg

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
these are my pics from everything I’ve learned about diet and nutrition which is nothing. I don’t count calories, carbs, proteins or fats. when it comes to diet I know very little yet able to get this type of conditioning. knowledge/experience is overrated. lol

9dfd8b53c03ef13d9b592fc2a0ef4ab7.jpg

42d26a4888676d6d7c1f3d17882804e2.jpg

e5d195f78902e7d5b8b2fd62582c1554.jpg

Good job. And taking you at your word, your example in particular is more evidence that studies don’t really mean shit compared to trial and error, experimentation.
Keep it up. Many can get similar results — few can maintain them healthfully year upon year.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
I’m NOT a bb’er (in my later years now — used to be) — I’m a student and experimenter of biohacking with diet/nutritional methods, and various compounds. At this point in my 50s, my interests are health/longevity, performance, conditioning, and never becoming an average person of my age.
A0A9E0DC-A8C8-4018-B821-1589049B42C7.jpeg
DC8A8536-C55E-4D13-B743-B95CF59B7E26.jpeg
DE237AEA-F905-4C94-93F1-6FD79C867108.jpeg

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Experience bears witness, AND for those who choose to jerk off to studies, there are plenty that state the same.

When fasting, the body first uses the most easily ready energy; glucose. It will burn through that, THEN, it will go for glycogen (glucose stored in the liver and muscles). Then.... it will begin to burn fat because the body is now in the state known as ketosis.
If one continues to exercise, lean tissue is preserved for a lengthy period — especially with the addition of peds (AAS and/or peptides).

You can find studies to support any position you take now days. This is why (one of the major reasons) studies aren’t the panacea of knowledge nor discovery. You have to experiment based on your own goals, desire, intuition, and both pro and con research.

Excellent!....Well said, brah!....I'll being 54 May 17th....And don't even look a 72nd of that good!....

So, if one is looking to loose weight AND look good/decent, then they are going to have to get it thru their minds, that, they will have to exercise to some degree to signal to the body that u want to keep muscle or perhaps gain a little of it, in order for the body to preserve/keep/gain muscle, which is what really makes the human being look "good"/"in shape", muscle that is?....Thank you for that easy to understand explanation, friend!....

Do u know anything that will help "heartdropsy" syndrome?....I've a bad case right now of it?...

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Excellent!....Well said, brah!....I'll being 54 May 17th....And don't even look a 72nd of that good!....

So, if one is looking to loose weight AND look good/decent, then they are going to have to get it thru their minds, that, they will have to exercise to some degree to signal to the body that u want to keep muscle or perhaps gain a little of it, in order for the body to preserve/keep/gain muscle, which is what really makes the human being look "good"/"in shape", muscle that is?....Thank you for that easy to understand explanation, friend!....

Do u know anything that will help "heartdropsy" syndrome?....I've a bad case right now of it?...

Are you on meds for your ailment; heart, BP? You may or may not have a legit medical condition with an underlying pathology — which I’m not qualified to speak to.
So far as it “could” relate to nutrition, it could potentially be related to an imbalance of electrolytes. Many heart related issues can be remedied with nutrition / electrolyte balance rather than meds.
Happy upcoming Bday, and I hope you’re able to remedy your heart issue.
Have you had blood work that we could possibly have some insight of your electrolytes?

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
I’m NOT a bb’er (in my later years now — used to be) — I’m a student and experimenter of biohacking with diet/nutritional methods, and various compounds. At this point in my 50s, my interests are health/longevity, performance, conditioning, and never becoming an average person of my age.]
i don’t train abs.
f4f6cf1e683d0f87921f251a0c05413b.jpg

183ba394fe6f0a9f37d68bedb5785dbf.jpg

Last edited:
DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Super lean too. Swiper's my hero.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Good job. And taking you at your word, your example in particular is more evidence that studies don’t really mean shit compared to trial and error, experimentation.
Keep it up. Many can get similar results — few can maintain them healthfully year upon year.

I agree,....great work testboner!

I will add to this that studies in this area should take account of why we get the results we get doing what we do and explain it. This started back to the 70's with AAS. Research claimed they did nothing to build muscle or enhance athletic ability. It was on every insert you got from the pharmacy. We use to sit around laughing at what fools they were. What science should have done is say OK, these guys are getting good results, WHY? Then determine why millions of athletes were using steroids and why they were getting more muscular and more athletic. Not try to convince us we were putting our heath at risk for nothing. People quit taking science seriously when it is used for purposes of like that. It becomes cheap anti-doping propaganda. The biggest problem with these types of studies is there is VERY limited funding. Not going to make a lot of money off finding out how BB'ers drop fat. Not going to find too many pro-level BB'ers who will waste their time being involved in a study like this, they are too busy training and making money. What goes on in the trenches often is all we have.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
LOL, this is enough of the show-and-tell for the macro nutrition thread!
48yrs old here — you can’t match the level 100% HUNK in this pic, Swiper.
And now with my increased understanding of tweaking conditioning with macro ratios and fasting.... I can put striations on those glutes!
Don’t show your wives. I can’t handle servicing even more Bros women!
60A6FD9A-1146-421E-97A0-C8D44D921FED.jpeg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic