Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

What kind of hit do your numbers take when on deficit

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I’m on a slow cut (dropped 8 pounds in 2-3 months),but it’s a struggle to maintain my lifts. I’m basically holding to to the same numbers with one or two less reps.

I’ve done more drastic cuts when the impact was greater. Just hoping to find out what other’s experiences are.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Honestly it’s just try and maintain the numbers. It will be up and down some during your workouts, but when you look back you’ll see you didn’t loose anything.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I've also been on a slow cut since Feb. Down 26 pounds so far and my numbers are going up a bit.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
My numbers go down a little, but don't get too impacted unless I drive down the total carbohydrate If i drive it down slowly, it's ;less pronounced. Same with total calories consumed for the day, if i drop from (just using as a hypothetical) 4,000+ kcals to 2500kcals off the bat, i'm hurting. If you do it gradually, it's a lot more forgiving. This is stuff most guys already know.

My overall strength these days is WAY down from years prior due to less AAS use, as I only use maybe 20-60mg ED to EOD compared to higher amounts back in the day. Also..........................injuries, my shoulders are shot:( That said, I still push it hard where and when I can. When I go from super low test entering into a cutting cycle, i'll add in 1-2 other compounds for anti-catabolic purposes (calorie deficit), and I can actually get a little stronger just from the added AAS, or strength regained from prior levels being there prior....which means I also have to be careful for injuries.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
That’s awesome. I’m not sure how slow 26 pounds in 2 months is though lol.

I can cut faster if I take phentermine and do keto but my strength and mood drop like a stone. I'm doing low carb and increased protein and one day per week high carb. seems to be working pretty well.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I also totally run out of steam early, of course, when in a deficit. I do less exercises, or split the workout up into a 2-a-day if I can (weekends).
And I'm down like 12 since February, so you are really rocking it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic