Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

sub Q pinning

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I just read in a tread where a member is pinning test etc sub Q.

Something I've never tried but after years of use... it makes sense to have this discussion.

Who's doing it and what are the benefits?

Are you poking lower abdominal area like hgh?

Thanks in advance!

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Best way to go IMO. Esp if the oil is MCT, draws faster. Most age mgmt HRT are going with sub-Q. I call it shallow IM. Upper glute or anywhere for that matter, but be consistent. 27g 1/2" pin, insulin w/no hub loss. Been doing it for HRT for years, works just the same as IM, most others I know are doing the same with HRT or pinning PEDs. Hardly feel the needle, less PIP, if the product should be contaminated the infection is much closer to the surface, no scar tissue. Be careful with true sub-Q just under the skin, a couple have developed cyst like structures. I prefer shallow IM.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I do shallow IM. It used to be sub q though lol. I do shoulders, quads, glutes. Draw with 18g and pin with 5/8" 25g.

I've done backfilled 30g slin pin but only for trt, not a cycle.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I’d much rather stick to 1” 25g for all my pins. I don’t see the reason in changing it up. But I don’t like change so I’m probably just hard headed.

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
For cruising dosages, I go sub Q. On Sunday's I'll backload two 28 gauge insulin pens with 0. 5ml and shoot sub Q twice that week. I store the pens in a portable syringe carrier. When ready to use, I heat a coffee cup of filtered water, then place the syringe in to warm it for a minute or so, pull the cap off, swab the needle, and shoot. Shoots just as smoothly as a larger gauge after warming. Might be excessive prep work, but it's worked for me for a while now.

I stick with 23-25 gauge and go IM when I'm using larger dosages and additional compounds.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Best way to go IMO. Esp if the oil is MCT, draws faster. Most age mgmt HRT are going with sub-Q. I call it shallow IM. Upper glute or anywhere for that matter, but be consistent. 27g 1/2" pin, insulin w/no hub loss. Been doing it for HRT for years, works just the same as IM, most others I know are doing the same with HRT or pinning PEDs. Hardly feel the needle, less PIP, if the product should be contaminated the infection is much closer to the surface, no scar tissue. Be careful with true sub-Q just under the skin, a couple have developed cyst like structures. I prefer shallow IM.

Same here but strictly sub-q. I have done primo e, tren and tren a. Also do test u made with castor oil. Never had a problem.

Here is a study on this:

Al-Futaisi AM, Al-Zakwani IS, Almahrezi AM, Morris D. Subcutaneous administration of testosterone. A pilot study report. Saudi Med J. 2006 Dec;27(12):1843-6. PMID: 17143361.

Conclusion: Therapy with weekly subcutaneous testosterone produced serum levels that were within the normal range in 100% of patients for both peak and trough levels. This is the first report, which demonstrated the efficacy of delivering weekly testosterone using this cheap, safe, and less painful subcutaneous route.

Testosterone E was used (200mg/ml) bottle warmed 5 minutes prior to injecting. Starting dose was 25-50mg/wk and adjusted after blood testing. The mean dosage was 55mg and a range of 25 - 100mg/wk. Sub-1 injections were well toletated and no side effects were reported.

Here is another one:

Kaminetsky JC, McCullough A, Hwang K, Jaffe JS, Wang C, Swerdloff RS. A 52-Week Study of Dose Adjusted Subcutaneous Testosterone Enanthate in Oil Self-Administered via Disposable Auto-Injector. J Urol. 2019 Mar;201(3):587-594. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2018.09.057. PMID: 30296416.

Conclusions: The dose adjusted subcutaneous testosterone enanthate auto-injector demonstrated a steady serum total testosterone pharmacokinetic profile with small peak and trough fluctuations. The device was safe, well tolerated and virtually painless, indicating that this subcutaneous testosterone enanthate auto-injector offers a testosterone delivery system that is a convenient weekly option to treat testosterone deficiency.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Quad for me, never would I inject oil into my ab area....

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
Quads, delts, glutes. Never abdomen. No cons for me when using TRT dosages. I can see some minor cons if I were to do a hefty cycle. I don't like to put more than .5ml sub Q, so the obvious amount of injections would be inconvenient but still a very minor con at that.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Quads, delts, glutes. Never abdomen. No cons for me when using TRT dosages. I can see some minor cons if I were to do a hefty cycle. I don't like to put more than .5ml sub Q, so the obvious amount of injections would be inconvenient but still a very minor con at that.

Over the past 42 years I have gotten sick of IM injections . Running out of places that don't have scar tissue. Sub-q is much easier. But then mine is strictly TRT, no hefty doses. ABS only here.

Here is the late Dr. Crisler (SWALE) explaining the process.
Dr. John Crisler

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic