Rolanalon
What's New?

2021 Change

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I started a journal in 2020, in March. Life got away from me during the year and I was actually making good progress until late Oct, and then lost my mother on 11/2. It was a tragic loss for our family and it was sudden as well. So during Nov/Dec/Jan, it was pretty much a blur and i remember grabbing shitty foods and eating anything and not sticking to diet. I would work out here and there, but was not committed mentally. It was terrible and i lost my way. But it happens.

In late Jan/Early Feb started to find a new norm and got back to serious training and incorporated a meal plan (picked one up from last year).

Current Stats:
3/17/21 Weight: 179lbs
Height: 5' 2.5"

3/1 started a new meal and workout program:

Meal one:
2 whole eggs
1 cup of liquid egg whites
(I mix all this with some cinnamon and create 2 pancakes in a skillet, and put some sugar free syrup on them)

Meal two:
5 oz of cooked chicken breast
1 medium sized avocado
1/2 cup Jasmine rice
Some veggie (green beans or roasted fajita veggies)

Post workout right after workout:
2 scoop whey isolate shake
3 rice cakes

Meal three:
Same as meal two

Meal four: before bed
5 oz of cooked sirloin steak
1/2 cup of green veggies
(For this meal, honestly I have not been consistent in getting this one in).

Meal plan macro breakdown:
Calories: 1,688
Carbs: 87g
Fat: 71g
Protein: 165g

Workout plan:
Cardio=15mins every day (target to get 130bpm).

Weightlifting split:
Day 1: chest/triceps
Day 2: back/biceps
Day 3: quads/calves
Day 4: shoulders/abs
Day 5: glutes/hamstrings

Short term goal: Mexico, leave 4/21. Goal: lean out as much as possible before we leave.

Long term goal: Bodybuilding show this year. Date and show TBD. There is an Indianapolis one i'm eyeing up that may be a possibility. See how I progress.

Will use this journal to log progress. Pics will be coming as well.
Will also be logging body analysis (hydration/%body fat/%lean mass, etc). Probably doing that every 2 or 3 weeks.

Last edited:
OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Looks great, your spilt is awesome, seems like we are on the same kind of split, except I add in traps in shoulder day, and I dont have an ass/ hamstring day, maybe I should that way I won’t have the classic flat white man ass syndrome.

Your calorie to weight ratio seems good too, I would bump your protein to to match your body weight, and drop your fats a little. Fats are 9 calories per gram, that would leave more room for a little more carbs, that burn faster, and rev your metabolism up a bit. And you can keep your over all calories the same. Sure that may make you little more hungry but that would be good to help you get all those meals in...

But what do I know, Looks awesome, cant wait to see you crush’s this prep...

OMS

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Awesome @OldManStrength ...might see what coach does then.

I don't train traps....ever. Coach says they are too big anyway, due to years of over use and improper form LOL.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Corrected meal #2, i had left out 1/2 cup Jasmine white rice. I'm enjoying it right now until it gets cut LOL.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
3/30/21 Update:

Researching shows for later in the year. The one i wanted to do was moved up to May, no way i can make that one LOL. Looking at Sept/Oct timeframe. Will see.

Had a really good chest / triceps work out last night with my trainer:

Exercise #1:
Upright incline chest press machine-
2/25# - 15 reps
+ 4/10 12 reps
+ 2/10 & 2/5# - 12 reps
same weigh 12 reps

Exercise #2:
Flat bench press w/swiss barbell (barbell weighs 65#)-
Bar only - 8 reps
+2/10# - 4 reps
+2/10# - 4 reps
+2/10# - 4 reps
+2/10# - 4 reps
same weight - 8 reps
+2/5# - 6 reps

Exercise #3 (superset)
Pec deck flyes - 100# - 12r
Lying single arm skull crushers - 15# db for 2 sets / 20# db for 2 sets - 15 reps on each side

Exercise #4 (superset)
Cable tricep push downs - 70# - 12-15 reps
Bench dips - as many as can do

After workout did stepmill cardio for 15 mins; got heart beat up to 130bpm.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
3/30/21 Update:

Researching shows for later in the year. The one i wanted to do was moved up to May, no way i can make that one LOL. Looking at Sept/Oct timeframe. Will see.

May, oh that sucks. You got a few more weeks to go until vacation. If you do any working out the week of April 21st, I don't want to know about it. Enjoy the week with your hubby and put this lifestyle behind you for a few days. Once back, let's start eyeballing something down the line.

Question for ya on the macros; would a little more carbs and a little less fat help? All the same for weight loss but I personally enjoy my carbs because I eat more.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
May, oh that sucks. You got a few more weeks to go until vacation. If you do any working out the week of April 21st, I don't want to know about it. Enjoy the week with your hubby and put this lifestyle behind you for a few days. Once back, let's start eyeballing something down the line.

Question for ya on the macros; would a little more carbs and a little less fat help? All the same for weight loss but I personally enjoy my carbs because I eat more.

re: more carbs, less fat: dunno that is possible. My coach has coached me before, he did so on my last prep. I think it is possible, but i do enjoy those avocados....feels good on the joints too LOL. He has always said that i'm more carb sensitive, which is probably why he puts fats in there instead of carbs LOL.

And i love to workout on vacay.....but i won't insist i do it LOL. How's that?

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Sittin thicc

a18239bde9e2f5fc3112906e9c2d7254.jpg

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Weigh in this morning: 175#. Down 5lbs since 3/17. I like that LOL.
This past week, i played with no carbs on Mon and Tues (no white rice). Then on Wed night i added 1/2 cup white rice. Then yesterday and today, no white rice. I feel like my body sure does respond well to no carbs (meaning metabolism kicks in. But sure does make me hungry and tired....so its doin its thing LOL.

Worked out with trainer tonight, did shoulders. I love Fri nights at the gym.

Tonight was the strongest night i have felt post my rc repair surgery on 8/31/18 in a shoulder work out.
Did seated db presses and went up to 30lb db's for a ride. have been riding steady with the 20's for some time now and form is really good. So took it up to 25# db and felt really good. And when i mean good, i mean that the weight felt good enough to where i had full control. My trainer has been working with me for some time now and has really drilled it into me on proper form.
We held it at 30's for now, didn't want to push it. I told him yea, i agree don't want to push it. Will take the 30s for a ride for awhile, until they feel good enough to go up. I was actually happy putting the 25s up LOL. When we did the 30s, felt great.

Hope to make more progress this next week and maybe even enough to post up pics lol.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
Just wanted to cheer you on Bova! Your plan looks solid!!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Bova, sounds like you have been working well within your capabilities, and that jumping from 20s up to 25s before settling on 30s for now was not too big an increment for a bodypart that is still in recovery mode.

Also sounds like the db's at your gym go in 5lb jumps and require you to do what you did. But you won't always be well within yourself as you progress; you'll be testing your limits each time you decide to increase the weight of anything ... but especially with db's, where the effect is doubled.

There are magnetic plates in the marketplace designed to allow you to fine-tune your incremental jumps more than the stuff available in your gym would permit. They come in various shapes and various small weights. They tend to cost a LOT on a per-pound basis, but you would be buying 1 or 2 pairs of very light weight plates, and they're yours forever to go with you as you change gyms over the years. Decades ago, the originals would not work well with rubber-coated weights for obvious reasons, but I think there are some non-magnetic ones out there now that supposedly "fit" on to existing equipment.

"Platemates" were the originals back before websites existed; this may be the same company or one who can now use the name.

Last edited:
FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Not a fan of brown rice? I switched over to brown rice almost 20 years ago. Only time I eat white rice is with Sushi....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic