Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Joined AARP

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Yes, they’re the conservative alternative to aarp.... and everything is politically motivated whether we choose to recognize it or not unfortunately....
My question was more on the practical side, because I'm 50+ now too. Are benefits in AMAC on par with those of AARP or do you lose out because its a smaller membership (guessing).

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
You have to be careful relying on AARP for info. I was an insurance advisor for over 30 yrs and found that people were being missinformed by there reps. as none of them are trained very well and none are licensed to even give advice but they still do. The worst of it is they usually only have one option for there products so they are constantly shoving square pegs into round holes. My advice is to go directly to the source and skip the broker.

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
I had an AARP membership for a yr or so. I honestly found no benefit to it. Many of the same (useful) discounts can be had via AAA and other organizations.. Heck even credit cards can provide close to the same discounts on certain items

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic