pbtom
What's New?

Joined AARP

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guess I reached that point in my life where i joined. Reason i did was to save on some travel needs. Going to Mexico next month and signing up for Medjet Assist in case of medical evacuation is needed. We (hubs and I ) just feel more secure in going to Mexico during pandemic with having this just in case.
Some friends of ours were quarantined in Jamaica and hearing their story was a nightmare.

It's official, i am old....sshhhh don't tell anyone, still trying to bag me some young peeps LOL.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I have been getting those offers for some years now.
We always buys travel insurance, mostly for the medivac home and those type of issues.
Travel insurance isnt that expensive, I never buy it directly from Expedia or whomever I use to book with.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Guess I reached that point in my life where i joined. Reason i did was to save on some travel needs. Going to Mexico next month and signing up for Medjet Assist in case of medical evacuation is needed. We (hubs and I ) just feel more secure in going to Mexico during pandemic with having this just in case.
Some friends of ours were quarantined in Jamaica and hearing their story was a nightmare.

It's official, i am old....sshhhh don't tell anyone, still trying to bag me some young peeps LOL.

What part of Mexico?

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Haha.. I just received my first letter from them today. I turn 50 next week. Came as a bit of a shock to me. Half a fucking century.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Have fun on your trip, welcome to your new life!

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Back in 2007 AARP was using its muscle to push a bill supporting benefits and amnesty for illegal immigrants, they also supported Obamacare. I called them and asked they they take me off their mailing list and never send me anything else because of this support.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Back in 2007 AARP was using its muscle to push a bill supporting benefits and amnesty for illegal immigrants, they also supported Obamacare. I called them and asked they they take me off their mailing list and never send me anything else because of this support.

ugh, i hadn't heard his org was in support of obamacare.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
About 2 years ago the wife did the same thing for some discounts on travel. I think we also got like 5% off dining at some places too.

My problem was how the membership went down. I come home and the wife tells me, I signed you up for an AARP membership and we saved some money. "Cool, ok. Wait, you signed me up? Da fuuk, you're the same age!" She put it under my name! :mad:

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I remember that, and that there was another competing group that did not support them, that maybe advertised on Limbaugh's show? Anyone recall what that was? I'd rather join them.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
ugh, i hadn't heard his org was in support of obamacare.

Obama Care
Amnesty the 2nd time they did this as a group> Unable to find the origional bulletin AARP sent out "A Fix for Illegal Immigration"

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic