Kiddorism
What's New?

Scale not moving....ugh

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I know, I know....don't need to rely on the # on the scale. And for most part, haven't been. But i do use it as a guide. Been on a cut now for about 3 weeks and scale not moving.
I did a body composition analysis at a local place last week.
I'll continue with my head in the game and not deviate from the plan.
Need to do progress pics for coach, prolly tomorrow morning. That is what will tell if current situation is doing the trick or not.

I feel some slight body composition change, and it has been tough to get all food down.

Keep head in the game.....LOL

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I know how you feel... until today. All of a sudden I dropped 2 overnight. Keep the faith!

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
F the scale. I use the mirror. :- )

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
If you have been on a 'cut' and the scale has not moved in 3 weeks. You are not on a 'cut'.

Weight loss is not magic or a mystery in any way. ESPECIALLY at the first part of a cut you should see SIGNIFIGANT scale drop. This is because the majority of cuts involve pulling back carbs, since protein is kept high and fat at healthy levels.

It take 3g of water to store 1g glycogen so cutting back carbs generally causes significant water drop. The 'bigger' you are the more water you drop.

At just over 200lbs, I will drop 6-8 lbs in the first week. And 12 by the end of the 2nd week. That is on a simple 500 cal deficit, so it is 2lbs of fat, and 10 lbs water in first two weeks.

If you want to make progress, reevaluate what you are doing. I give the advice that if the scale has not move in 2 weeks, you need to adjust. Depending on your deficit level, I suggest more experienced dieters can use the 1- week metric.

Given that more experience dieters tend to eat more consistent day to day and therefore dont have water swings within a week period. Being a woman may complicate that for you, so I would use the 2-week as your benchmark of when you should make an adjustment.

Drop intake at least another 250 cal. (probably from carbs) so that is 60-65g less carbs / day.

Good luck

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I’m cutting too, this is week 5 for me... First week I dropped a bunch of water... scale and mirror noticed.
If your not changing change up your diet, I’m hungry all the time, and eating is not difficult. Maybe your coach has a rabbit up his sleeve that will reveal your shredded ness.....
Hard to say, with out seeing all the details
Hang in there, its sucks, but you got this...

LK guy is totally legit too, if you feel you need to go that route....

Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
If you have been on a 'cut' and the scale has not moved in 3 weeks. You are not on a 'cut'.

Weight loss is not magic or a mystery in any way. ESPECIALLY at the first part of a cut you should see SIGNIFIGANT scale drop. This is because the majority of cuts involve pulling back carbs, since protein is kept high and fat at healthy levels.

It take 3g of water to store 1g glycogen so cutting back carbs generally causes significant water drop. The 'bigger' you are the more water you drop.

At just over 200lbs, I will drop 6-8 lbs in the first week. And 12 by the end of the 2nd week. That is on a simple 500 cal deficit, so it is 2lbs of fat, and 10 lbs water in first two weeks.

If you want to make progress, reevaluate what you are doing. I give the advice that if the scale has not move in 2 weeks, you need to adjust. Depending on your deficit level, I suggest more experienced dieters can use the 1- week metric.

Given that more experience dieters tend to eat more consistent day to day and therefore dont have water swings within a week period. Being a woman may complicate that for you, so I would use the 2-week as your benchmark of when you should make an adjustment.

Drop intake at least another 250 cal. (probably from carbs) so that is 60-65g less carbs / day.

Good luck
Sound advice. Cutting isn't a mystery. It boils down to calories/ carbs for us. Cardio goes without saying so long as it is within reason.

When I competed, I limited cardio to 1/2 hour a day on top of 2 1/2 hours training 3 weeks out.

Some problems always have the same answer.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Yeah the scale is "Just a tool in the toolbox" but when you need a hammer, a screwdriver just ain't gonna cut it. Use them all: scale, tape and pics. A mistake I think a lot of people make is not using all their tools in the off season. You need records of when you're not at your best to eventually help you get to your best.

I feel for ya Bova, struggling a little myself right now. But if feel your diet numbers are right, stay the course.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I getcha. I take my weight every week (same time/ day each week). I use it to track that I'm not losing more than 2lbs a week. I like to use measurements to see how things are progressing.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic