Kiddorism
What's New?

Texas is opening back up

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
My son has been in school since october.
The first 6 weeks of the fall semester was remote learning for all then after that we had a choice.
He wanted back to school and so did we.

MG, is he in a California school?

My son, who is in 2nd grade, has not been in a classroom since last March (2020) when he was in 1st grade. My daughter, who was in Preschool/PreK last year went through the end of the school year (May/June). This year for TK, she went to class for 2-3 weeks in November. However, they had the class divided in half where half the students would go 1 week to class, then the next week they would stay home for 'distant learning,' while the other half went to school, which was at least a start. Everything was going fine until half-dead Biden stood up on the mic and talked about how gloomy and dark of a winter we were gonna have, then all of a sudden at the beginning of December, they shut the schools down again:( Meanwhile, private schools, who are more heavily populated 4:1 compared to years prior, have stayed open all year and had no issues of Covid (Cali). I was gonna send my kids to a private school, but we live a ways out of town, and it would have been a long drive to hassle with it all.

My daughter is going to start back up next Monday on the 8th....again 1 week on/off.

My son is supposedly gonna go back March 22nd...but we are waiting to hear more on if it is a go, and what all it entails.

Last edited:
MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Texas is at a 3.3% positivity rate as of March 1st. I think most of us here agree that we hate masks and are not accepting any "new normal." Seem though by removing the state order and leaving it up to idiots like we have running Houston and Harris County nothing will change. Every day I go to work I see lines and lines of cars waiting in line to get a vaccine at one of our stadium parking lots. Houston got 12 million doses of the new vaccine just two days ago. People that want the vaccine are getting them. I agree its time to move on. If people are that scared, they can wear a mask for the rest of their lives. But that decision needs to be left up to individuals, not the government.

Will be interesting to see what Hildago and Turner does.
Its time to open.
Houstons clubs with food license has been open.
Bars and clubs without food license has been closed.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Will be interesting to see what Hildago and Turner does.
Its time to open.
Houstons clubs with food license has been open.
Bars and clubs without food license has been closed.

Well today our Police Chief said if you go into a business that wants you to wear a mask and you don't wear one the police will arrest you for public trespassing. Abbott did leave it up to counties and cities to make any final decision. We will be masked up here until people finally come to their senses.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I like how Biden is slamming these Senators that are opening everything up & doing away with the mask. Calling them Neanderthals!! Crack me up, come on creepy Joe who told you to use that word? You didn’t think of that on your own. Maybe, just maybe people are tired of your bs!?

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
What do you think the odds are Michigan opens soon? We're @ 25% occupancy (Bars and Restaurants) opened 2 weeks ago. Also, limited capacity and have to close @ 10PM! Prior they were closed for inside dining. Everyone has to wear masks inside ... but most wear them outside ... driving etc. Public schools are closed. I'm so tired of the BS.

I respect the Governors for having the balls to say ENOUGH and open.

Who ever thought we'd be aspiring for our freedoms back in America?

Here I sit. Waiting.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
No we are in Texas.
I have no desire to move to California, does not even want to visit.

I don't blame you.

I will say this...visiting Cali can still be fun, or maybe a short vacation as well. However, it's much different than living here and putting up with a lot of the crap that goes on here....well, unless you like the crap, lol. People come out and visit and say "Hey, this isn't too bad," then once they move here and have to start paying up the rear, especially if they live in a not so great part of the state, and they end up regretting it.

Mountains, food, women, and beaches.....that's what i'd only come to see. Maybe sports too if you are into them and your team is out here.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I didnt know you guys listen to house music.

My wife and I are big into EDM.
In 2019 we went to EDC Vegas, Freaky Deaky and saw 20 shows at our local favorite place.
This place got all the big Djs, saw Tiesto, DJ Snake, I_O, Carl Cox, and the list goes on.

Have tickets for EDC 2021, hopefully it goes on in May.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I don't blame you.

I will say this...visiting Cali can still be fun, or maybe a short vacation as well. However, it's much different than living here and putting up with a lot of the crap that goes on here....well, unless you like the crap, lol. People come out and visit and say "Hey, this isn't too bad," then once they move here and have to start paying up the rear, especially if they live in a not so great part of the state, and they end up regretting it.

Mountains, food, women, and beaches.....that's what i'd only come to see. Maybe sports too if you are into them and your team is out here.

My wife has been several times and she likes it.
But with so many places to go and so little time its not really on my list.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic