Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Covid Vaccine

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I had COVID in Dec. Mild Sx, took a month for energy, cough, mind fog and sense of taste and smell to resolve. Luckily no lasting Sx that I can tell. After going through chronic fatigue syndrome for 4 yrs in the late 80's, I can relate to the long haulers, same Sx different trigger. I'll get the J & J vaccine when available.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I just got my second series of the Phizer Friday morning. I was fine all day, but went to bed around 10:30 pm. Woke up around 1 am with the worse body aches and chills I have had in a long time. Took me about 20 minutes to get motivated to get out of bed to snag some Tylenol and take a leak. I've heard many have the same side effects. But was told by fellow co-workers that the sides for the Moderna were twice as bad.

I wonder about the J&J vaccine. It will be interesting with this new mutation how those who have been vaccinated how it will affect them. This isn't your normal vaccine either. If I am not mistaken, this vaccine was created from RNA? of the virus. Normally, isn't a vaccine created from a dead virus?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Normally, isn't a vaccine created from a dead virus?
Every vaccine is different.

As an example: I'm had a shingles vaccine last winter. I donated blood and one of the screening questions was "have you had an vaccines in the last month". Of course I said yes for shingles, and he asked if it was the older one or Shingrex, because the older ones are dead virus (and I would be denied) but Shingrex wasn't.

The object of the vaccination is to cause your body to make an immune response (to create antibodies). How the vaccination does that is varied.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Every vaccine is different.

As an example: I'm had a shingles vaccine last winter. I donated blood and one of the screening questions was "have you had an vaccines in the last month". Of course I said yes for shingles, and he asked if it was the older one or Shingrex, because the older ones are dead virus (and I would be denied) but Shingrex wasn't.

The object of the vaccination is to cause your body to make an immune response (to create antibodies). How the vaccination does that is varied.

Oh gotcha. Makes sense.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
My gal got round one yesterday. By the time she got off work at 10 pm she was feeling bad. This morning she got up at 11:30 feeling like hell with a fever of 100.5. This afternoon she is feeling worse & her fever has went up to 102.5. That doesn’t sound good to me.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
My gal got round one yesterday. By the time she got off work at 10 pm she was feeling bad. This morning she got up at 11:30 feeling like hell with a fever of 100.5. This afternoon she is feeling worse & her fever has went up to 102.5. That doesn’t sound good to me.

Which brand vaccine? Does she have any history of reactions to any of the "normal" vaccines most of us wind up collecting? Keep an eye on that 102.5 and whether it increases, decreases, or what. Has she tried cool bathes, NSAIDS, etc?

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Which brand vaccine? Does she have any history of reactions to any of the "normal" vaccines most of us wind up collecting? Keep an eye on that 102.5 and whether it increases, decreases, or what. Has she tried cool bathes, NSAIDS, etc?

Moderna. No history or issues with other vaccines. She has taken Tylenol & Advil. Fever down a little over last 2-3 hours. I told her to call urgent care & see what they tell her to do. Stubborn just like the rest of them! Lol

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Moderna. No history or issues with other vaccines. She has taken Tylenol & Advil. Fever down a little over last 2-3 hours. I told her to call urgent care & see what they tell her to do. Stubborn just like the rest of them! Lol

Moderna, I believe is reported to be a bit stronger dosed? The co-workers I have spoken with had the Moderna and suffered more severe sides than the ones who got the Phizer. Not sure if it's coincidence or not. All have reported the second shot the sides intensified. I guess I should feel lucky I got the Phizer.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Moderna, I believe is reported to be a bit stronger dosed? The co-workers I have spoken with had the Moderna and suffered more severe sides than the ones who got the Phizer. Not sure if it's coincidence or not. All have reported the second shot the sides intensified. I guess I should feel lucky I got the Phizer.

GLAD to see someone else say that, cause my (>>> very superficial <<<) reading has led me to suspect that about Moderna vs. Pfizer for a while. Otoh, I'm never 100% sure if what I see has been proven or comes under the headings of hearsay and random anecdotal evidence.

Should the discussion go on to wonder about, if Moderna's sides are stronger than Pfizer's, does that imply its benefits are also stronger ... or will that just drive us crazy? I know the manufacturers spit out efficacy numbers the same day they are shipping out Batch #1 of their products, but I was hoping to live kinda long term, so ........ ? Anyway, got my 2 shots (Pfizer), so I've done everything I could (that I chose to do) with what was currently available to me. Later, back to the gym, the fridge, and the mattress for as long as I can.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
GLAD to see someone else say that, cause my (>>> very superficial <<<) reading has led me to suspect that about Moderna vs. Pfizer for a while. Otoh, I'm never 100% sure if what I see has been proven or comes under the headings of hearsay and random anecdotal evidence.

Should the discussion go on to wonder about, if Moderna's sides are stronger than Pfizer's, does that imply its benefits are also stronger ... or will that just drive us crazy? I know the manufacturers spit out efficacy numbers the same day they are shipping out Batch #1 of their products, but I was hoping to live kinda long term, so ........ ? Anyway, got my 2 shots (Pfizer), so I've done everything I could (that I chose to do) with what was currently available to me. Later, back to the gym, the fridge, and the mattress for as long as I can.

Allegedly Moderna claims that their vaccine will also protect you against the mutated virus that is currently popping up from the UK. Phizer has yet to stand behind their vaccine, but states the side effects of that virus should be lessened. But as you mention, how much is factual or verifiable. We are in truly uncharted territory.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I have not yet got the vaccine. I was initially gonna see how others did, while also letting those more at risk get in line first. I'm 45, and I stay home most of the time with the kiddos since they have had distant learning. The wife works from home, but can get called back into work some days. Would like to hear more on the J&J vaccine before going....so it's between J&J and PFIZER for me. I prefer those over Moderna....I guess, lol.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
My gal called a pharmacist where she works & told him her symptoms. He said she must have already had COVID because only people that have had it prior to getting the vaccine are affected that way. Her fever is almost gone on day 3. Still body aches, & all the other symptoms but the nausea not as bad.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic