Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Anyone had a knee replacement

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
I'm getting a knee replaced in April.Just wondering if anyone had it done and what there results were.I'm hoping I can get some muscle back on my legs.

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Nope but I hear it's life changing when done correctly.
Head physician for KC Royals is doing surgery so I'm expecting a good outcome.He has also worked on my other knee to fix a meniscus tear and it turned out well.Workman comp Doc worked on the one being replaced and I think he fucked it up.Being a plumber for 30 + yrs has trashed my knee's.

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
Hope your results are better than my brother's. He had knee replacements on both knees and they're still fucked. Before we stopped communicating he was having a hip replacement. He told me that his problems started with the knees and spread to his hips and then his back. I really hope it works out better for you than it did for him.

Slic.

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Hope your results are better than my brother's. He had knee replacements on both knees and they're still fucked. Before we stopped communicating he was having a hip replacement. He told me that his problems started with the knees and spread to his hips and then his back. I really hope it works out better for you than it did for him.

Slic.
Wow!Me too..

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Head physician for KC Royals is doing surgery so I'm expecting a good outcome.He has also worked on my other knee to fix a meniscus tear and it turned out well.Workman comp Doc worked on the one being replaced and I think he fucked it up.Being a plumber for 30 + yrs has trashed my knee's.

Yea, yea, the old "plumber" line we know the truth about wasted knees bro:p

Good luck with it, I know a lady that was a barrel racer professionally and she had it done and was super pleased with the results and carries on very well, says it was a great move to get it done.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Yup, total replacement of both knees but this did happen 25+ years ago.

Still squatting over 500 all this time so I would say you have nothing to worry about since they have made it an easy, simple procedure.

ogre

ogre

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2016
Yup, total replacement of both knees but this did happen 25+ years ago.

Still squatting over 500 all this time so I would say you have nothing to worry about since they have made it an easy, simple procedure.
Good for you I hope I can get back to where I was.I was told that a replacement is suppose last 20 yrs.Yours lasted 25 and still going?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Good for you I hope I can get back to where I was.I was told that a replacement is suppose last 20 yrs.Yours lasted 25 and still going?

Yup, I'm 41 and still doing well. Had the surgery when I was 12 and I had total replacement of both knees (replaced with cadavers knees).

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Just don’t rush. Your recovery, and let shit heal correctly... from the get go, I know you will be wanting to get back to training, but just let it heal..

D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
Wow! 25 years ago and still squatting 500! That's nice to hear! I had a bilateral partial knee replacement to the medial cartilage. I did competitive judo and jujitsu for over 25 years and it took it's toll on me! I also used to do power lifting which did not help! I've been kind of hesitant lifting heavy and completely omitted Judo and such due to the impact and injury potential. Hearing of your squat's, I am plan on lifting a bit heavier, been doing all body weight stuff the past 3 years due to the PKR. I'm in my 50's and need to keep healthy for 10 more before retirement as a fireman. As my experience for the bilateral partial knee replacement (PKR), everything is fine, but I did loose a ton of flexibility. I need to work on both strength and flexibility, but no pain since the surgery. Good luck!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hey @ogre , did you have your replacement surgery yet? I'm assuming you have and what was the outcome? How are you doing?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic