Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

300/400/500

L

Lowrida

Feb 2, 2021
Have not been able to train the last few days due to commitments. Managed to get a workout in this morning but was not too pleased.

Tried to work on my trap bar deadlift but could really feel the unbalance in my lower body. Need to work on RIGHT HAMSTRING/HIP before going heavier and really master the one leg deadlift on my right side to ensure the balance is corrected.

Trap Bar Deadlift (rehab) - 5x6 @ 110kg slow reps
One legged Deadlift High reps

Crappy workout but just had to get it done.

L

Lowrida

Feb 2, 2021
Upper Body

Bench 90kg 4*5 @ 90kg
Row 4*5 @ 80kg

Notes
Bench grip was wider, felt good but needs practice.

Next time do DB row.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
When I turned 30 i decided I wanted to try and match my strength in my twenties. I turn 31 tomorrow so didnt quite get there this year. No excuses but the Pandemic and having a baby did somewhat derail progress.

Ask anyone who has been at this long enough to see his own climb and descent and they will tell you, early to mid-30s are your peak.

The reason for the goal of 300/400/500 was I heard a strength coach mention it as a great place to be and have always fixated on it since.

Very reasonable goal. Good luck!

L

Lowrida

Feb 2, 2021
Ask anyone who has been at this long enough to see his own climb and descent and they will tell you, early to mid-30s are your peak.

Very reasonable goal. Good luck!
Absolutley agree, I hate seeing people around make excuses who are my age. My goal is to catch up to my old numbers the n beat them into this 300/400./500 range.

L

Lowrida

Feb 2, 2021
Lower Body Rehab.

Paid for a session at the gym rather than the home gym so I could use some isolation machines to try and correct these lower body in balances. I have recently discovered my right knee has fairly bad patella tendonitis and upon further investigation that my right leg has some severe weak spots. II blew my left ACL 5 years ago and had it rebuilt and must of been nursing it this whole time and done some weird shit to my right leg.

Right hip and hamstring are very tight whilst right quads have about half the strength of my left.

Today was a isolation session too focus on the right leg, I still did some one legged left leg stuff but mainly focused on right leg.

One Legged Leg Press 5*15
One Leg Extensions 5*15
One Legged Curls 5*10

Session was really fun and finished up with some bike sprints 5*15 on 45 rest.

Will try and do this once a week.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Paid for a session at the gym rather than the home gym so I could use some isolation machines to try and correct these lower body in balances. I have recently discovered my right knee has fairly bad patella tendonitis and upon further investigation that my right leg has some severe weak spots. II blew my left ACL 5 years ago and had it rebuilt and must of been nursing it this whole time and done some weird shit to my right leg.

My fix for that nasty patella tendonitis:

5 days of Naproxen (Aleve) at double the dose. No more, no less.
Voodoo bands; morning, as soon as you get home from work and right before bed. I can go into more detail on the use of these if you need help. Figure on doing this for a minimum of 2 weeks. Once that knee feels perfect, do it for another week and always right before legs.

Right hip and hamstring are very tight whilst right quads have about half the strength of my left.

Stretch! Commit to it daily and make it part of your morning.

Today was a isolation session too focus on the right leg, I still did some one legged left leg stuff but mainly focused on right leg.

One Legged Leg Press 5*15
One Leg Extensions 5*15
One Legged Curls 5*10

Session was really fun and finished up with some bike sprints 5*15 on 45 rest.

Work both legs together. You'll never fix an imbalance with 1 leg work. If anything, you'll broaden the gap.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Skip the trap bar, in my opinion - it’s basically a squat.

how much upper back work are you putting in? Upper back translates over to bench and well yeah, deadlifts :)

I went from 1040 total to over 1400 in two years in the 220lb div. These numbers are completely attainable.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Your goals, like others have said, are completely attainable. I'd say your programming is lacking maybe due to time, resources available to you, etc. but if you are to surpass your numbers you will have to do more.

and Welcome...

L

Lowrida

Feb 2, 2021
Lower Body Deadlift

Goals was to do 3x3 @ 160kg but am still adjusting too my 5.30 am sessions.

Set 1 was 1 Rep, Set 2 was 2 reps and Set 3 I managed 3 reps.

Trap Bar Shrusg 4x10 100kg.

L

Lowrida

Feb 2, 2021
Your goals, like others have said, are completely attainable. I'd say your programming is lacking maybe due to time, resources available to you, etc. but if you are to surpass your numbers you will have to do more.

and Welcome...

Thanks for the message. Yep my program is virtually ADHOC at the moment. I have some knee tendonitis issues I need to work through so that is throwing me off a little. I am just trying to get in what I can when I can. At the moment I have to train at 5.30am for 1 hour so very limited time.

Once I get my settled I and fix this knee I would love some ideas on programs.

L

Lowrida

Feb 2, 2021
Skip the trap bar, in my opinion - it’s basically a squat.

how much upper back work are you putting in? Upper back translates over to bench and well yeah, deadlifts :)

I went from 1040 total to over 1400 in two years in the 220lb div. These numbers are completely attainable.

I was hoping the trap bar would help me maintain some leg strength whilst taking it easy on my right knee tendonitis.

Upper back work I have been throwing in after pressing. So I usually Press twice a week and do OHP with Chins and Rows with Bench.

WHat are your thoughts?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic