Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Arm-wrestling

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
His wrist and arm were in a horrible position, ref should have stopped that. There is almost no coming back one you lose your wrist and your arm is stretched out.
Send me the link to the video @SAD would like to see how we'd match up. Your long arms are my nemesis.

I have a handful on my phone but none uploaded yet to the world. I might as well not even have social media anymore because I don't use it. But for you? I'll upload what's on my phone to somewhere and shoot you a link.

Just curious how much "quickness" plays in winning? I know all the top guys are strong, but among the top guys, what's the factor that results in the win?

If you mean quickness in terms of how fast/hard one hits as soon as the ref pulls his hand and give the start command, then it's definitely important to hit hard and quick IF that's your style. I'm the opposite 95% of the time I pull. I catch, (think of it as stalling or playing defense), and just negate any motion left/right. My whole thought process is just to pull their hand towards me and get my hand high and close to my shoulder, with my hips dropping down/back evenly with my shoulders (back pressure) and then I decide whether to hook (turn and burn) or top roll (think hammer curl) to get the pin. I can sit in my catch position comfortably for minutes unless you're really strong and skilled. Watch Devon Larratt if you want to see a guy who I arm wrestle similar to. He's catches the strongest guys in the world like they're not even trying, and then tires them out until some of them just pin themselves to get it over with. It's not always how he pulls, but he's one of the best at it. Watch Andrey Pushkar (rip) to see a guy who preferred to be fast and violent from the get-go (understatement).

As for what factor(s) make the difference at the highest level, that question is really tough to answer. A beats B who beats C who already beat A earlier in the tournament....who's the strongest? All said and done, the best arm wrestler almost always wins. Not always the pure strongest, but the best at being one of the strongest with some of the best technique and God given talents of certain leverages and bone structures and insertion points of tendons/ligaments, etc, who can turn it on and be the best competitor at the right time.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I did arm wrestle Bubba Ray Dudley from the WWE when I was in college, I will tell you, he almost ripped my arm off, he was just starting out in ECW.

Bubba Ray is a big dude!!

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Technique is everything. Learn to master back pressure.

Reactions: SAD
midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
I've no real experience with arm wrestling other then macho challenges on occasion lol.

However, its a blast to watch. I was involved with a biker non profit organization prior to the club years. We held an event to raise $ for combat veterans and decided to have an arm wrestling event. Put flyers online along with word of mouth thru the local biker community.

We had a huge turnout and everyone had a blast either competing or having drinks / good times watching. Female arm wrestlers were surprisingly tough too! Fun as hell to watch and side bet.

Something to consider if anyone is ever raising $

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
Seems like a good way to get injured

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Seems like a good way to get injured

Safe and boring don’t excite me like competition and danger. If I wanted to be safe I’d be knitting on my couch with my mask on.

Instead, I built a table top yesterday and dropped it off with the local metal shop to make the legs and table frame, with the grips on either side welded into the frame for strength. Should’ve snapped some pics but I’ll get some up during the next stages.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I've never been injured arm wrestling, even in my battles and loses. Little sore the next day, sure, injured, nope.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I've never been injured arm wrestling, even in my battles and loses. Little sore the next day, sure, injured, nope.
Do you have to warm up before you go hard? You can definitely rip something .I always think about injuries now and how to prevent a them so I never have to stop lifting . If I get hurt I want it to be in the gym

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
My only cool arm wrestling story is making the mistake of being the only dude I knew at a college party when I was 22. Was there with a hot broad and I was one of the bigger guys at the party, but i didn't go the the school. Was just there to get some ass from the hot chick. I was getting eye fukked by every guy in the place, and started feeling like it was inevitable that I was going to get jumped. Then some big dude walked up to me and challenged me to an arm wrestling match in front of the whole party. I pinned his ass in front of everyone, grabbed the broad and got out of there before I got jumped. Got laid back at her dorm. Good times.

I'm 5-11 so not beating anyone that actually competes.

Reactions: SAD
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Do you have to warm up before you go hard? You can definitely rip something .I always think about injuries now and how to prevent a them so I never have to stop lifting . If I get hurt I want it to be in the gym

If you get lucky and have a guy that understands how warming up works, then yes definitely, you warm up by basically just going back and forth with progressively more intense “pin, get pinned, pin again” back and forths.

The problem is ego as always. Dudes lock up and can’t let themselves be emasculated so they go 100% right off the rip. It’s one of the reasons I just catch and hold most of the time. Let them attempt to hurt themselves on my wall, and then slowly but surely just take them down and pin them.

The injuries I’ve seen or tend to see, come mostly from not knowing when to give up, or putting all the stress on a twisting bone instead of the muscles and ligaments, like mega man did on the first page when his humerus spiral-popped.

But yes, warming up is smart like with any near-max-effort-anything. Just gotta have a dance partner who doesn’t have a run away ego.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
BBAE3229-DFB8-4901-8A20-AB72F72B8FB4.jpeg

Finished product. Did everything but the steel work myself. We arm wrestle sideways ‘round these parts... (picture loads sideways unless I save it sideways, then it loads normal (which is now sideways) and I got too frustrated to change it...feel free mods.))

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
When I was a senior in HS I was at my GF house and her brothers friend who was right in love with my girl thought he was Mr badass and challenged me to an arm wrestling match. The guy was several yrs older than me and a real tool so I thought 'what have I got to lose'. I pinned him right away and he was so freakin embarrassed. He says he's left handed and is much better with it so I kinda felt bad for the guy so I said well lets go lefty then. Same thing happens and the dudes like no way that just happened, something ain't right. My girl has her hands all over me kissing me and telling me how strong I am and she feels so safe with me. So the guy is like ONE MORE TIME. So we go lefty again and the same result. My girl is laughing now and the guy is beside himself and storms outta the house. The last time I arm wrestled was with a guy about my size in my mid 20's. It took me a good 10-15 minutes to pin him and I had tendonitus for wks. Couldn't pick up a gallon of milk. That was the last time as I just don't have the build to not get injured.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic