pbtom
What's New?

Covid Vaccine

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I feel like someone here said the same thing, mentioning Darwinism, and was thought of us callused and uncaring....oh how a year of bullshit changes how viewpoints, haha.
I'm callous and uncaring w/o a virus so.....lol

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
“Massachusetts Rep. Stephen Lynch gets COVID-19 after second vaccine shot”

It will be interesting to see what happens from here. Will he get symptoms? Is the vaccine not as effective as they thought or is the testing suspect? There is a 25-30% false positive and false negative chance with testing.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
https://clinic.meijer.com/

Check the link above. Easy registration here in Michigan at your local Meijer. Also, can do it via text. Nice to see the vaccine getting out to the masses. I can understand those that are prioritizing getting the shot.

We can all have our opinions and freedom to choose to get it or not (for now?). But I have a hunch we're not opening our economy to full 100% .... to include loosing the damn face diapers ... until we've all been vaccinated. I hope I'm wrong because that'll take a while.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
“Massachusetts Rep. Stephen Lynch gets COVID-19 after second vaccine shot”

Chances are it's the testing since so many have been beefed up to show positive. Of course there is a greater chance the vaccine won't work (5%) than the chance you have of dying from it without it (.05%). He could have been in the 5% range. I was reading in the UK, their vaccine is only 63% effective. They have socialized medicine and were proud of the 63%. I think it was a difference of ours costing $10 a dose and theirs costing $4 a dose.

I believe the high range on the testing is the reason they found positives from blood samples over two years old as well. Possibly a way to take the heat off of China at the time like it didn't come from them.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
I had my first dose 12/31 and other than “Tren Like” strength gains...no other sides. Anecdotally the second dose does have higher incidence of sides but I’m not concerned. As for Bell’s Palsy, I’ve seen it caused by dozens of different injections (even IM AAS shots).

how was that second shot ?

The 2nd of Moderna, has many taking off 1 - 3 days.

Wave of cardiac issues coming in now. added another step down cardiac floor. Quite a few young 20 - 30yr olds with EF 10 - 20% .....i had a 24yr the last 2 days....... EF 15%.........no previous Hx, known other than Covid+

Came to the ED with epigastric pain. US showed PE in RUQ. ECHO, TEE, MRI and elevated Troponin revealed more. The dude stays Tachy. Giving him Lasix IVP

Residual affects of those that had the virus. ...possibly inducing myocarditis,..and other cardiac injuries.

Stay safe my Brother.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
how was that second shot ?

The 2nd of Moderna, has many taking off 1 - 3 days.

Wave of cardiac issues coming in now. added another step down cardiac floor. Quite a few young 20 - 30yr olds with EF 10 - 20% .....i had a 24yr the last 2 days....... EF 15%.........no previous Hx, known other than Covid+

Came to the ED with epigastric pain. US showed PE in RUQ. ECHO, TEE, MRI and elevated Troponin revealed more. The dude stays Tachy. Giving him Lasix IVP

Residual affects of those that had the virus. ...possibly inducing myocarditis,..and other cardiac injuries.

Stay safe my Brother.
2nd shot felt like shooting T500mg or any other high solvent gear. My arm swelled and got hot to the touch for a few days. As for sides, I lost my appetite for 12hrs and had intermittent chills then sweats for 2 days. I had off the day of my 2nd shot but worked 12hrs the next day. Dragging a little by mid day but just felt hungover (no worse).

The unlucky few who made it off the vents and back to nursing homes are coming back with VERY diminished lung capacity and dying 2-3mos post first exposure. The younger healthier folks are exhibiting COPD like symptoms.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Mike_RN have you seen anyone over the past year with a confirmed reinfection, months after the initial COVID bout?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Mike_RN have you seen anyone over the past year with a confirmed reinfection, months after the initial COVID bout?

Wilson6, I guess this is what you are talking about ......my wife had returning bouts 3 different times since she 1st contracted the virus in July. She is a group of people they have labeled rebounders. Each time she was very tied, 102 fever, aches, COPD like symptoms and even vertigo. It would last about 24 hours and then go away. The fatigue and vertigo remained. The latest is tychardia. My wife was having a 145bpm resting heart rate. She is now under the care of a cardiologist and has been given metoprolol to control the heart rate. The doctor said he a he had seen 4 other patients recently with the same symptoms and was treating them and has read a lot of work being done by others in his field treating covid related heart issues. The doctor ruled out any medications she was taking or had taken as being the issue. He gave her a graded exercise stress test which had to be stopped after 2 minutes because she reached max. HR. He also did an ECHO with doppler and determined there was no heart damage or congestive heart issues. She is now monitoring her HR/SPO2/blood pressure levels 24-7 and taking 150mg of metoprolol/d and doing much better. She never did have high blood pressure though. He feels this will eventually go away and does not think she will be on medication long since there is no damage to the heart. She has her 3rd visit next week. Her average resting HR has been below 80bpm now and her oxygen saturation levels have come up from 93 to 99. Seems this stuff reacts differently with each individual. I never got the stuff despite being in the same house with no mask.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
There are many “Persistent Positives” who continue to show infection months after illness. This makes it hard to judge who might actually have it again.

That said, I have seen at least 2 patients who were in our ICUs back in April/May, return positive and equally sick. The caveat being that they were chronically ill people over 70.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic