Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Bicep tenodesis

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Im having this done in a wk and was wondering who's had it done and how is recovery in terms of pain and duration?

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Hope it goes well! Let us know how it goes, I don’t have any experience but would like to hear some as well!

Reactions: 5.0
CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Best to you. Keep us posted.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Good luck and speedy recovery my friend

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Surgery went well. The first 3 days were pretty rough trying to get pain managed but it's been getting a little better each day. They wanted me out of my sling and doing a couple exercises the next day which was pretty damn painful. I had a follow up with surgeon on friday, all stitches removed plus my rom was tested and is already improved compared to preop. He said the joint had alot of debris removed along with bone being removed from the capsule(?) to open that up. Bicep tendon was reattached higher than planned he said because it didnt retract as much as expected. Overall I feel pretty damn good considering and I'm MUCH less sore than my last, less invasive, surgery. I've got to set up pt today.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Good to hear 5.0. Glad you’re doing well.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Sounds like a long recovery but the higher attachment may be better in the long run. I know sometimes they detach the bicep tendon with its injury during a RC tear. My brother had that done it was no picnic.

Get well 5.0

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Almost 3 wks post OP and am improving daily. My gf said she hasn't heard me scream or swear once at night since op so that's a bonus. Physical therapist is pretty impressed with recovery and said in 2 wks we start direct work on bicep. I've got to say I'm really happy with the appearance/ peak of the bicep as it looks much better than before

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Had my 6wk appt with surgeon today, he's impressed with rom and the report from pt. Said I could start working on strength at pt but I'm out of work another 6 wks. I got to see pics of the anchor and just how much debris was in my shoulder socket, he was concerned about that. I'm feeling pretty good but still pay for it if I'm not careful. What could I expect for a timeline on strength recovery....months, a yr?

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
That tendon should be all healed in 3 month but when you will be back depends on where you were previously. My pec tendon repair took a good year to have me using respectable weight and another year to back at my best on the platform.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
My past shoulder surgery’s it was a good 9 months post before I was back to decent weight trading Hope your is better than that..

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
That tendon should be all healed in 3 month but when you will be back depends on where you were previously. My pec tendon repair took a good year to have me using respectable weight and another year to back at my best on the platform.
I was doing well and just finishing up 16(20?)wks of test/deca. I'm hoping to be back to norm sooner than 2yrs

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic