Hautebusted
What's New?

Covid Vaccine

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
That’s not how the math works.

You are in the “100% possible to contract the virus” group because you don’t have antibodies and haven’t been vaccinated.
If you are the X% that get sick from that group of (currently) billions, then you (assuming you’re healthy) have a 99+% chance of beating it and developing your own antibodies.

Vs Vaccinated:

You could be in the 5% group that could potentially contract the virus after vaccination (compare to 100% pre vac).
But then STILL, you have a 99+% chance of beating it.
Not saying that I trust all vaccines and especially not saying that I trust, completely, a vaccine that came to market so fast. But, that’s how the math works.

I’ve already had it, developed my own antibodies, and consider myself authentically vaccinated at this point. But the virus mutates to survive so the next round of vaccines that have been “updated”, I will likely get one.

No, I am in the 100% certain not to get the virus because I wear a mask when I enter a restaurant, which automatically puts a force field around me making me impenetrable to the virus, and I only take the mask off while seated to eat, like all the other people in the restaurant around me, lol. When I stand up to leave, I put on the mask, and force-field re-activated, lol.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
LOL Good visualization of that belief system [mention]1bigun11 [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Eventually I may have to take this vaccine or have my driving privilege suspended. At that point in time, I may take the fucking shot.

Until then, take your fucking shot, but don't push your fucking flu shot(s) on me.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
I"m on the fence as well, only because of all the unknowns. I have not yet had the virus. But hubs had it in our home, and we didn't social distance (hehe), and I did not contract. I'm not saying i'm impermeable to this virus, simply saying that i have been in direct contact and did not contract this virus.....yet.
I do have O positive blood and I supplement with VitD every day....not saying that may/may not make a difference, i'm not a doctor.

I asked my GP about the vaccine last night, he said he is on the fence as well. He said younger people are experiencing more sides due to their immune systems kicking in, he said that is good. He said he has a vaccine shot waiting for him but he hasn't gone. This doc is young....like late 30s/Early 40s.
He said the vaccine seems pretty safe since it inserts itself into the mrna of a cell. Whereas other vaccines go straight in and alter DNA. I have no idea on this, just simply relaying information i obtained from my doc.

However if this means that i can take the vaccine and be around my family members that are highly at risk and lower my risk of giving said virus to them....this i will contemplate but only for this reason.

Lil more than .02..keep the change, your welcome.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I do have O positive blood and I supplement with VitD every day....
That's my blood type and I take D as well, and have been known to hang around in public places (bars) not wearing a mask and completely forgetting to distance. Is that why I maybe haven't caught the damned thing too?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
You can all be on the fence about it. I have never gotten a flu shot and probably won't get this either but I don't see patients all day.
If taking it gets me back to traveling for work, probably will take it, been sitting in my house 8 months and I am losing my shit!!

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I've gotten many flu shots in the past and will take this one as it becomes available. front line workers first, black and Hispanic communities, the elderly and lastly my group white folks.

Fucking joke.

Should be front line workers / old folks and so on...

Same here and agreed 100%.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Wifey if getting it today, pretty happy since she sees patients twice a week and it's been spreading in various pods in her practice. She has to go back for round 2 in January. Supposedly 1st shot is 50% effective and after the second it's 95% effective.

LK< i am happy that your wife is now getting the vaccine. Truly happy for your family and it does reduce her risk significantly.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
That's my blood type and I take D as well, and have been known to hang around in public places (bars) not wearing a mask and completely forgetting to distance. Is that why I maybe haven't caught the damned thing too?

I heard vitamin D is effective against catching it.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I recognize this is a very personal decision. Each to his own. I will just keep taking my hydrocloriquine 200mg ever other week as I finally get to go back to work on the 19th. Been working from home since March 6th.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I take colloidal silver with grape seed extract & take my omegas (3,6,&9). Spend time outside

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic