Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Travel: trips of a lifetime.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
I love traveling. Mostly to experience the culture and food of other countries.

What amazing travel experiences have you had?

Plans/dreams for the future?

I’m relatively traveled. So far I’d say that walking the Camino de Santiago has been one of the most amazing experiences.

I’d like to drive the Pan American highway from Alaska to Argentina/Chile some day.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Very cool! I would like to do at least part of the Camino de Santiago!

I've biked the alps in Slovenia, and biked the Croatian coast. Both were beautiful. Biked through Tuscany (Montalcino, San Gimignano, Montelpulciano, Siena, and Florence). I've cycled along the Mosul river in Germany's white wine country (Beilstein is amazing). I've hiked Kilimanjaro, which was pretty darn challenging. Been to Snake Alley in Taipai. Did Humaigi, Kyoto and Nara while I was working in Osaka. All were excellent. Good food!

I want to hike the Scottish Highlands, hike to Machu Pichu from the south, and cycle through Provence. Also want to visit the Finger lakes in NY, and cycle through New England in October.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I traveled a lot when I was young. Most of it was not my preference of destination or accommodations but it shaped my experience. I am all about not being uncomfortable t.here daYs so while there are a thousand places that I want to see or do I don’t want the hassle. This is frustrating to mrs soon because I’ve been a lot of places she would like to go.

Reactions: Jin
Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not as traveled as you @Jin, but have been to Puerto Rico, East coast -west coast, Alaska, Hawaii, England, France, Spain, Czech Republic, Hungary, & Mexico.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
That's awesome a lot of you have some travel under your belt. Before i really never had the desire to travel anywhere other then tropics but my taste and appreciation for different cultures and history has changed as ive grown older. My next big trip will be probably be vietnam. Its not just exotic but everything is cheap compare to the US, significantly. I plan to spend a good month exploring the Beachful beaches, mountain side, the famous monument hand Bridge, and better known cities like siagon and da nag.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Costco in Ann Arbor. Its just like being in the middle east.

55 years in the Bay Area of California. All the diversity and culture is now behind me THANK GOD. I'll give Monterey (up to) Bodega Bay 5 starts for food. The best of the best of everything from Albainian to Zulu cuisine.

Last edited:
CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
Rome and Costa Rica are on my bucket list.

CFM

CFM

Mar 18, 2012
I’d like to drive the Pan American highway from Alaska to Argentina/Chile some day.

Now you're talking! Taking all the time in the world would make that a fabulous adventure!

We rode east from SF to Reno, up the mountains to WA and down the coast back to SF. Driven from Canada to SF along the coast in a 63 rag top. Great times!

The Pacific Coast from Monterey to Mendocino was my stomping ground for over 30 years. My grandparents owned a cabin in Bodega Bay, many a memorable weekends roaming the beaches and observing the tide pools. Amazing and wonderful to hike up in the foothills and discovered a gulch where the creek widened allowing trees to grow with moss hanging. I would drink the water. Pristine!

Up to my 40's you could meander out to Cototi for breakfast and enjoy the journey to Hwy 1. Now its like commuting, up early to beat the masses. Even weekdays you have to leave before commute or after and cut the day short to get home or drive back post commute. I remember CA when it was great.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Costco in Ann Arbor. Its just like being in the middle east.

55 years in the Bay Area of California. All the diversity and culture is now behind me THANK GOD. I'll give Monterey (up to) Bodega Bay 5 starts for food. The best of the best of everything from Albainian to Zulu cuisine.

Lot of Lebanese in Ann Arbor, and so is Amway (Costco competitor).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I would love to see the Valley of the Kings in Egypt. I’m too paranoid to go anywhere near N.Africa or the Middle East but I have seen most of the well know American (North South and Central) archeological sites. I want to see the cradle of civilization before I die.

Gms585

Gms585

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2017
I spent a month in Italy last year.
Flew into Milan, rented a car and slowly drove down to Bari where my family is from. It was the best trip I've ever taken even though I spent an insane amount of money. Saw so much awesome stuff I cant even list it all.

Also spent a week in Croatia before that was sweet.
Spent a week on the island of Crete in Greece also amazing place.

I really want to go to Turkey but I am hesitant and worried about looking after my Wife the whole time.
I have allot of places on my lists that I would love to do... but tending to the safety of my wife would stress me out the whole time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic