Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Is there a reason to come off/trt if....

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Let's say your blood work is virtually the same on/off certain compounds, is there a reason to come off?

Seems to be the case for me. I can run a gram of test and deca each and not affect my bloodwork minus 3-5 pts on my hdl. Still dont feel comfortable running gear for more than 3-4 months at a time. Blood work may be fine, but heart enlargement, etc is still a concern. So lets hyopthetically say you can run gear year round with no change in blood work. What's your thoughts...?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm assuming you mean relatively high levels of gear, such as 500mg/wk test as a minimum. I'd say not a good idea for the very reason you highlighted. Don't see why not just drop down to 150-200mg/wk TRT and keep your levels at the high side of normal, and for many of us that's enough to keep most of our size.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
I'm assuming you mean relatively high levels of gear, such as 500mg/wk test as a minimum. I'd say not a good idea for the very reason you highlighted. Don't see why not just drop down to 150-200mg/wk TRT and keep your levels at the high side of normal, and for many of us that's enough to keep most of our size.

I do cut back down to trt, it was more of a hypothetical question inspired by my current situation. Ive worked with a hematologist for the past year because my red blood cells and hematocrit were always high even on trt doses. After doing monthly blood work for the past year, based on the results my rbc and hematocrit is much LOWER when on 2 grams of gear than 250mg of test by itself believe it or not. And every other health marker is virtually the same. Regardless I still TRT for a few months, but at 40 years of age Im considering stopping cycles and running something like 350-400mg of test plus GH straight for a while.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
There in my experience is some law of diminishing returns with receptors becoming desensitized and upregulated/thinned out. I think many pros that take large doses nearly year round have said they come off for a couple months every year and even do things like a heavy metal detox (all those Chinese raws no doubt have some contaminants). I’ve only come off for a couple weeks at a time (trt for 8 years +now) when I have annual bloodwork coming up and am doing my insurance prior authorization bc they cover my TRT, so I have to submit labs every so often. Probably not long enough to have a huge impact on my receptors .. but who knows

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
Health concerns aside. I’d say there is benefit in not staying on full time.
Taking steroids is fun.
Going on vacation is fun.
Getting high is fun (if that’s your thing).
But being on vacation all the time? Gets to be not as fun. What’s there to look forward to? And you begin not to take full advantage of that time on vacation.
Same with aas for me. I did a whole year on and now I’ve decided to take a whole year back on trt. 200mg.
I haven’t lost any weight after 3 months on trt. Training is still fun because training has always been fun. And when I do go back on cycle I’ll be excited, motivated and get feel like I’ve really earned if.

By all means. Try it for a year if you want.

A

Alfamale

Jan 12, 2019
i'm an advocate for very low dose in everything aas.
That said, I'm currently on 75mg sust per week and had included 12.5mg proviron and 10mg var ed. Every other month i will throw in 5000iu of hcg at 250-500iu thrice a week to keep the boys plump.
I know some of you might be thinking 10mg var is a waste of time money but it works for me. Don't take other people doses and make it your own, learn to fine-tune your sweet spot with the aim to reach lowest dose possible.
Blood work everything is fine all this time. I'm approaching 45 years old so getting big and shredded is no longer top priority for me.

Jin

Jin

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2018
i'm an advocate for very low dose in everything aas.
That said, I'm currently on 75mg sust per week and had included 12.5mg proviron and 10mg var ed. Every other month i will throw in 5000iu of hcg at 250-500iu thrice a week to keep the boys plump.
I know some of you might be thinking 10mg var is a waste of time money but it works for me. Don't take other people doses and make it your own, learn to fine-tune your sweet spot with the aim to reach lowest dose possible.
Blood work everything is fine all this time. I'm approaching 45 years old so getting big and shredded is no longer top priority for me.

What are your levels with 75mg/wk?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm a fan of TRT and relying on food. Would I be leaner if I ran a cycle or blasted for a extended period of time when I get to grown???... sure but I don't care about being super lean anymore. Semi lean is good enough for me and I have no desire to be 300 again. 255 is more than enough for me. I manager to keep size on through my training, food, and running my TRT.

As we get older... we have to think about the long term and not just the here and now.

Reactions: 5.0
A

Alfamale

Jan 12, 2019
What are your levels with 75mg/wk?

Bloodwork done in Oct 2020
Estradiol - 31 (ref range: 11 - 44)
Prolactin - 9.6 (ref range: 4.6 - 17.8)
SHBG - 17 (ref range: 10 - 50)
Free test - 156.3 (ref range: 35.0 - 155.0)
Total test - 646 (ref range: 250 - 1100)

I remember my SHBG was high in last Xmas bloodwork, somewhere in the high 20s if I can recall so the addition of low dose proviron definitely helps. Estradiol also creep up a little, was in the 28, 29 range.

Reactions: Jin
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic